Does anyone have a parking buddy at work?

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone on civicx has an arrangement with anyone at work to park next to the same car in the same spots every day. There has been a modded MazdaSpeed 3 (though you experts can confirm/correct from picture below) that's parked next to my PMM hatch the last three days:
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone have a parking buddy at work? hatchhatch

You can see my anti-ding strategy - I park on the left side of this space, to put maximum distance between myself and the car to my left (no spot is on my right). This comes into play if someone backs in and opens their driver door or pulls in straight and has a passenger. This is a work lot, and most people don't carpool, so it's unlikely the passenger door on the car to my left would open, and most people here pull straight in, so I am trying to minimize the chances of any contact.

Does anyone else park in the same spot/coordinate with others at work who are also obviously ding-conscious?
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No but he keeps parking beside me.

I joke around how I'll have his vehicle towed.

I park at the back and also eat the corner.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes, my friend has a Crystal Black Pearl ILX 2.4 6MT and we park beside each other everyday at school.

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
After my car being damaged twice at work I started parking between two coworkers. They're both protective of their vehicles so I don't have to worry about dings. And the spots are up against the building near the windows so my car is easily visible from inside.
Sadly I can't convince the manager to let me park the new Civic in the warehouse. :p

OP
OP

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
I always park next to people who back in. At least in my experience, they're usually more careful about parking/their cars in general.

I have a parking buddy or 5 ;)
Right. If for some reason my favored spot isn't available, I will try to find a car that is obviously carefully parked (backed in, newer, modified, etc) and try to park nearer its driver-side door (while leaving enough room for them to get in and out). I know they'll take care not to ding me. I will also try to park between two people when there's a one-space gap between one car that's backed in and another that is not - if it is arranged properly you aren't exposed to anyone's driver-side doors.

28th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
My parking buddy parks her Tahoe next to my civic, its easier to block people from walking by. LOL ;)

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noticed it too! LOL The cherry on top I guess is a Dashcam.

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
No parking buddy but im ok with it

20170310_065434_resized.jpg
So jealous lol... I'm still attending school and unfortunately parking is a nightmare. My old is300 has dings all up the driver and passenger from kids slamming doors into my car.

Right. If for some reason my favored spot isn't available, I will try to find a car that is obviously carefully parked (backed in, newer, modified, etc) and try to park nearer its driver-side door (while leaving enough room for them to get in and out). I know they'll take care not to ding me. I will also try to park between two people when there's a one-space gap between one car that's backed in and another that is not - if it is arranged properly you aren't exposed to anyone's driver-side doors.
Good info, will probably try this (park next to carefully backed in and/or modded cars)

So scurred my new civic is gunna get dinged up lol

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I don't have a parking buddy but i usually have like an extreme vetting (lol never thought i'd use that in a sentence) process to narrow down who i will park to. I avoid: cars with dents, rust, modern luxury cars that are probably a lease, minivans and cars that scream teenage girl.
Sponsored