DIY: Clear side marker lamp housing swap

ak2kyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Got my stuff a while ago. I got my sidemarkers from eBay. I placed a bid for 25 bucks and won. Hahaha. I have some Phillips 6000k white on the side markers. They are a bit of overkill but like them a lot. I will get HIDs to match the led strip.

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG
What Is your tint %?
Sponsored

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I haven't seen your car in a long time, but I remember it being a nice WOP coupe. Are you switching yours out to a different LED bulb?
Yeah I think I am. Don't you have to remove the bumper though? I thought I remember reading that, but maybe not. I haven't looked into how to swap them out but I'm sure I can figure it out. I actually already have some vinyl yellow cutouts to put on the lights too. I wasn't going to bother changing them since I was doing that, but I do like the look of the matching lights. Not really sure how I'd feel with the yellow wrap on though. I've seen the fogs yellowed out on the WOP and just have mixed feelings. So I may get the LEDs you recommended and maybe install only one, then put the yellow vinyl on and see which looks better, or if I even like it at all. If I do keep it and get tired I can always yank it off.

I've been kinda neglecting it the past several weeks. A bunch has been going on....Carnival (Mardi Gras) just ended a couple a weeks ago, so things are starting to settle down. I also got hit by a car while walking across the street (not my fault - he hit 3 of us!) and it kinda messed up my leg and hand, and those are finally healing. So I may actually have a chance to do some things this weekend finally.

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I think I am. Don't you have to remove the bumper though? I thought I remember reading that, but maybe not. I haven't looked into how to swap them out but I'm sure I can figure it out. I actually already have some vinyl yellow cutouts to put on the lights too. I wasn't going to bother changing them since I was doing that, but I do like the look of the matching lights. Not really sure how I'd feel with the yellow wrap on though. I've seen the fogs yellowed out on the WOP and just have mixed feelings. So I may get the LEDs you recommended and maybe install only one, then put the yellow vinyl on and see which looks better, or if I even like it at all. If I do keep it and get tired I can always yank it off.

I've been kinda neglecting it the past several weeks. A bunch has been going on....Carnival (Mardi Gras) just ended a couple a weeks ago, so things are starting to settle down. I also got hit by a car while walking across the street (not my fault - he hit 3 of us!) and it kinda messed up my leg and hand, and those are finally healing. So I may actually have a chance to do some things this weekend finally.
Holy crap! Man, I am sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you're doing better as things could've been worse. About the fog light swap, it's very easy. No need to remove the bumper, just a couple of screws and a few push tabs. A CivicX member did a DIY and posted it on Youtube. Check the link below:

The SiriusLEDs are plug and play and does not require a resistor. I actually got the SiriusLED ones because of the Youtube video above. You can also just get an LED with 4000K output (I think these are the yellow output ones) so you won't have to worry about applying yellow vinyl.

Last edited:

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone used the interior bulbs on the side markers? They looked like they fit inside the bulb spot!

ak2kyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
It is 35%. Here in Ontario that's the max you can get. I like it, its not too dark and at night it's good. I might look darker on pictures.
That's what I have and this is my first tint. I like it in certain angles but a part of me woshes I would've gone a little darker.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
For anyone wondering about the sidemarkers that iJDMtoy sells. I had a friend buy those and they came in. They looks similar to the JDM ones visually, but iJDMtoy shaved or sanded down the brand name. When you look at the sidemarkers, both of them have a spot where it has clearly been shaved or sanded down. Not sure if they did this to prevent others from finding out the brand and buying somewhere else, but the imprint brand on the back was shaved so you cannot see if it is authentic.

Also the clear lenses were scratched up with small surfaces scratches. They included an "adapter" since the lenses need only 2 tabs. Somehow during the day one of them slipped out, so he ended up cutting the 2 tabs and trashing the add-on wires they gave.

I think you want the real thing just buy from the Thailand guy and deal with the wait. Not sure why the company felt the need to sand down a product label they were selling, but kinda shady IMO.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Most likely they bought a ton of cheapies and sanded off the fakes brand and resold them for huge profit

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Most likely they bought a ton of cheapies and sanded off the fakes brand and resold them for huge profit

The funny thing is the price for the real thing isn't that much more than their altered versions lol. I'm sure they are fakes or else they would not have sanded them down.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I have and this is my first tint. I like it in certain angles but a part of me woshes I would've gone a little darker.
I believe this is perfect. I whish I could add tint to the front but its illegal here. Also, the sunroof could be a bit darker but no complaints

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone wondering about the sidemarkers that iJDMtoy sells. I had a friend buy those and they came in. They looks similar to the JDM ones visually, but iJDMtoy shaved or sanded down the brand name. When you look at the sidemarkers, both of them have a spot where it has clearly been shaved or sanded down. Not sure if they did this to prevent others from finding out the brand and buying somewhere else, but the imprint brand on the back was shaved so you cannot see if it is authentic.

Also the clear lenses were scratched up with small surfaces scratches. They included an "adapter" since the lenses need only 2 tabs. Somehow during the day one of them slipped out, so he ended up cutting the 2 tabs and trashing the add-on wires they gave.

I think you want the real thing just buy from the Thailand guy and deal with the wait. Not sure why the company felt the need to sand down a product label they were selling, but kinda shady IMO.

Mines are OEM and had those little scratches. Sent multiple pictures to the seller but it seems that google translate didn't help them much to get my point. lol. I went back and forth. They were not that bad but I wanted mint condition. I think the scratches might be normal-ish. I dunno. Like I said... they were minimal.

I bought my reverse lights from Jdmtoy and they have the worst service. They sent my stuff to another guy in Canada and I got his. They didn't want to fix the issue properly or return our shipping money. We had to solve it on our own. I guess they have good products but they are not trustworthy. So yeah... most likely their clears ide markers are no OEM.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Mines are OEM and had those little scratches. Sent multiple pictures to the seller but it seems that google translate didn't help them much to get my point. lol. I went back and forth. They were not that bad but I wanted mint condition. I think the scratches might be normal-ish. I dunno. Like I said... they were minimal.

I bought my reverse lights from Jdmtoy and they have the worst service. They sent my stuff to another guy in Canada and I got his. They didn't want to fix the issue properly or return our shipping money. We had to solve it on our own. I guess they have good products but they are not trustworthy. So yeah... most likely their clears ide markers are no OEM.

Sorry to hear about iJDMtoy. The little scratches are not the end of the world IMO, but the fact that they are taking the product them shaving down the brand name is just incredibly shady. The price isn't much different from the actual JDM Honda quality ones. I've also heard of bad experiences with JDMtoy as well. Once you buy from them, they couldn't careless and are unwilling to sort through the issue.

They don't really offer anything that you can't buy from somewhere else. I just felt the need to put this out there. I think good or bad experiences are beneficial for the community no matter what. Just put the information out there and let the person decide for themselves.