Display screen stuck in reverse camera view

looopson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Several times now my display screen has been stuck in rear camera view when I switch from reverse to drive. I can't get the screen out of rear camera until I pull over and put the car back in park.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I drive a Civic EX Turbo.
Sponsored

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Several times now my display screen has been stuck in rear camera view when I switch from reverse to drive. I can't get the screen out of rear camera until I pull over and put the car back in park.

Yes I had this problem last week and it happened 3 times in a day. Mine got stuck and didn't even go away with putting the car in park mode. Turning the car off didn't do any thing so when I rebooted the system then it went away all three times. Reported to dealer and they said my touring software update wasn't done properly earlier so they did the software update but the software update was for no sound issue in touring. So will give you an update after a week or so. But make sure report it to dealer.

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

Yes it happened to me once. Driving and it suddenly switched to backup camera. It went away after turning off the car, hasn't come back since. Civic Touring

Shyang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2009 Accord LX
Country flag
Just happened to me today, camera got stuck in backup upon startup, and wouldn't get back after putting it in park or restarting car.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at it this way.... you'll be able to see how close the cars behind you are actually getting. :)

Not bashing at all, but this seems to happen alot more of the upper models with touch screen doesn't it? I think it was about the same way on the 9th gen forum.

zaver5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Look at it this way.... you'll be able to see how close the cars behind you are actually getting. :)

Not bashing at all, but this seems to happen alot more of the upper models with touch screen doesn't it? I think it was about the same way on the 9th gen forum.
I'd expect this to be an issue on all the trims as backup cameras are standard along with the right side mirror camera. Unless of course they are implemented with different types of screens on the lower trims?... more technology, more problems

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
I'd expect this to be an issue on all the trims as backup cameras are standard along with the right side mirror camera. Unless of course they are implemented with different types of screens on the lower trims?... more technology, more problems
I have the LX model and only have a backup camera, no camera (so it is not standard) on my right mirror. Probably has the camera on the LX-P (with sensing) model.

I actually WISH I could activate the backup camera while in motion......
Sponsored