mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I may sound stupid. I have 2 questions on the display of the instrumental cluster:

1. I noticed there is a icon in the right with the word "Trip" on it. I checked the owner guide, I found the icon but no description.

2. In the Mileage screen, it displays Trip A information. How do I go to Trip B? How do I reset the trips?
Sponsored

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I may sound stupid. I have 2 questions on the display of the instrumental cluster:

1. I noticed there is a icon in the right with the word "Trip" on it. I checked the owner guide, I found the icon but no description.

2. In the Mileage screen, it displays Trip A information. How do I go to Trip B? How do I reset the trips?
Not stupid at all. I'm not sure about #1 - I'll have to go out to the car and check - but for #2 you just press the long stalk on the right side of the instrument cluster and that will switch to Trip B. Long-press the stalk to clear the data. I'm wondering if pressing the stalk will change what's displayed on the infotainment system?

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Not stupid at all. I'm not sure about #1 - I'll have to go out to the car and check ...
By the long stalk, you are referring to the wiper stalk, right?

Can you please check if you have this icon (the one with the word "Trip") on your instrumental cluster?

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
No he is talking about the stick that comes out of the cluster. Right by the Trip icon you are talking about. Every car to my knowledge has that.
One quick push change from trip A and trip B. one long press erase the current trip data.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
No he is talking about the stick that comes out of the cluster. Right by the Trip icon you are talking about. Every car to my knowledge has that.
Back when cars had mechanical trip odometers, that was true. Some vehicles with electronic trip odometers have this reset knob and some don't. My '17 Ridgeline, for example, does not have one - trip odometer resets are accomplished using the steering wheel controls instead.

Topless

First Name
Led
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
The Stick - if you just push it in then it toggles between A and B and overall mileage. IF you push it down and keeping holding it down, then it resets the mileage for A and B

Peace

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just a quick tip, there's also an option to automatically reset Trip A after refueling. I forgot where the option is but I know its under the "Vehicle" setting.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Is there any way I can see the elapsed time, gas mileage and distance of each trip. Is there any way I can set the computer to display this?
With my previous car, it recorded 2 trips in the computer. The 1st trip is resetted after 4-hour of inactivity. The 2nd trip is cumulated on all the small trips. For each trip, it displayed the travel time, gas meilage and distance. Both trip recorders can be resetted whenever I want.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there any way I can see the elapsed time, gas mileage and distance of each trip. Is there any way I can set the computer to display this?
With my previous car, it recorded 2 trips in the computer. The 1st trip is resetted after 4-hour of inactivity. The 2nd trip is cumulated on all the small trips. For each trip, it displayed the travel time, gas meilage and distance. Both trip recorders can be resetted whenever I want.
Yes and yes.

HOME > Settings > Vehicle > Meter Setup > "Trip A (or B)" Reset Timing

You can choose between "when refueled", "ignition off", or "manually reset" for each trip meter.

Each trip meter records the distance, fuel economy, and elapsed time since the last reset.

All of this information is found in the Owner's Manual beginning on pages 114, 316, and 344.

The Owner's Manual is available at the link below.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Civic Si Coupe/manuals

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Each trip meter records the distance, fuel economy, and elapsed time since the last reset.
I will look for this display. Thanks. I look for it this morning and I could not find it.

I was hoping the trip meter will be reset automatically after certain hours of inactivity. For example, "Ignition off", "Refuel" is not that useful especially on long trips.

Last edited:

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I found the screen which shows the gas mileage and the travelled distance but no elapsed time. Can you please point out where I can find thenelaped time?

Also, I looked around and the only options are “Refuel”, “Manual Reset” and “Ignition”. There is no option to reset after certain time of inactivity.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found the screen which shows the gas mileage and the travelled distance but no elapsed time. Can you please point out where I can find the elapsed time?
HOME > Settings > System > Configuration of Instrument Panel > Add > find and tap the icon labeled "Avg Speed & Time" so that there is a (+) sign next to it > OK > OK > OK > HOME

Now, when you select the "Avg Speed & Time" icon on the multi-information display, you'll see the average speed and elapsed time since the last reset for the selected trip meter (A or B).

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
HOME > Settings > System > Configuration of Instrument Panel > Add > find and tap the icon labeled "Avg Speed & Time" so that there is a (+) sign next to it > OK > OK > OK > HOME

Now, when you select the "Avg Speed & Time" icon on the multi-information display, you'll see the average speed and elapsed time since the last reset for the selected trip meter (A or B).
Thanks, Zroger73. I thought the display would be in the head unit.
I did not know I can add functions in the Instrumental Display. Any more functions I should add?
Sponsored