Dip or vinyl?

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
Sup guys, I'm looking for some advice from those of you who've blacked out your chrome parts. I've had my LX 6speed for about 2 weeks now and I'm debating wether to either plastidip or vinyl wrap the chrome trimming above the windows. It's really the only part of the car that bugs me, so I was curious to see what's better off on the long run. I want something that's going to last and wont fade. Also not look tacky lol...
Sponsored

nappygamer10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX-HS
I'm also curious. That's the only part of the car that bothers and would love a long term solution. Because the car I chose is black, I'm wondering if it will match the color or cheapen the looks.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've watched videos on both, seems like plastidip is the easiest, and more in my budget. Just waiting for those who've done either (dip or vinyl) to chime in and give me their thoughts and outcome after a few months time....

PriceLess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I dipped mine. It's really easy. The hardest part is masking everything. I've only had it for a few weeks now but it's holding up great. You just got to make sure you put on enough coats. Here is a pic of the front, I can post some of the window trim later.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dip or vinyl? IMG_0457.JPG

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely dip. As it gets chipped you can just mask off around it and put a few coats to renew it.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dipped mine. It's really easy. The hardest part is masking everything. I've only had it for a few weeks now but it's holding up great. You just got to make sure you put on enough coats. Here is a pic of the front, I can post some of the window trim later.

IMG_0457.JPG
Looks real good man

lawdeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Looks dope! Gonna do mine this weekend. Has anyone ever dipped the spoiler on their touring?? Just curious.. Pics would be nice too hehe

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I work for a Wrap company here in DFW so I Vinyl Wrapped My Front Grill and Window trim. I Used Avery Dennison SW900 Wrap Film in Satin Black for both pieces. took me and my installer about 2 hours total. I layed about 75% of it and he cut it all out (i was super nervous doing those cuts on my new car) We would probably charge $3-400 for something like that. Which i think is worth it mainly because when you can simply remove it at anytime to go right back to stock. I am thinking about doing the area of the grille below the front emblem. The gray plastic really stands out now. Before wrapping it, it almost looked black.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dip or vinyl? rfInS7x

Honda Civic 10th gen Dip or vinyl? TO6ULKT

Honda Civic 10th gen Dip or vinyl? VW5Cwn2

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just picked up my EX and already debating the same whether to Dip or Wrap. The company where I'm getting my tints done next week does wrapping, so might just do it all at the same time. I want to wrap all the chrome along with the grey park of the grille as well. Should come out amazing.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to dip after I got a $200 quote over the phone (window trim only). Masking was definitely a pain in the rear! Its not perfect but it will do lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dip or vinyl? ima

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up my EX and already debating the same whether to Dip or Wrap. The company where I'm getting my tints done next week does wrapping, so might just do it all at the same time. I want to wrap all the chrome along with the grey park of the grille as well. Should come out amazing.
Let's see some pics

JGar1108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I'm looking to get mine wrapped in gloss black vinyl and chrome. I have the EX White Orchid Pearl and I'd like to wrap the roof black. Then wrap the door handles chrome, I'm not a fan of chrome doors but the chrome on the Touring is very appealing with the looks of the car so I'd like to at least try to see if I can get that on my car :p

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sup guys, I'm looking for some advice from those of you who've blacked out your chrome parts. I've had my LX 6speed for about 2 weeks now and I'm debating wether to either plastidip or vinyl wrap the chrome trimming above the windows. It's really the only part of the car that bugs me, so I was curious to see what's better off on the long run. I want something that's going to last and wont fade. Also not look tacky lol...
same here. Why the heck did Honda make the front bumper 2 different colors. I prefer all the chrome to be black on the front bumper and around the windows.. Sigh..

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0457.JPG
sharp!! :)
Sponsored