DEPO type R full LED headlights releasing

Leap16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
DEPO who sells the smoked side markers mentioned they will be releasing a type R full LED headlights. It will be plug and play and will cost around $500 for both. This is significantly cheaper than any ones that are being sold currently on ebay.

I was wondering if these are worth considering? Will these retrofit be of similar quality to that of the OEM? I was wondering if any one has any experience with retrofit headlights.
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had Depo headlights in my Golf. The light pattern and output was pretty good, but after 3-4 years, the bulb sockets for both headlights burnt to a crisp and had to be replaced.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are already Depo options out for the civic on Newegg. I only really use them while getting my stock headlights retroed. I wouldn't really use them for the retro. Putting a set of Depo headlights in is not considered a retrofit though. That's just a headlight swap.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always had a good experiences with DEPO products. Their side markers for the 10th gen Civic models seem to be the best aftermarket option and they are not very expensive.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious on these as well.. I received a call earlier from a rep checking if I was having any issues and satisfied with my purchase of the smoked side markers. He then went on to say the Depo LED headlights will be out soon. I can't remember if the guy said they will be out in a few month or information will be available. Other than that, he said everything OP mentioned (Price around $500, plug & play, identical style to the Touring & Type-R).

OP
OP
Leap16

Leap16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really curious how the quality will be compared to the OEM. $500 is very tempting though.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just ordered the Depo sidemarkers a couple days ago. I would definitely be down for these headlights if they turn out well.

CrznErick

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser / 2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
I got a call from them too cuz I got some smoked out side markers. They emailed me this which I think this is what you guys are also refering to

Any experience?

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I got a call from them too cuz I got some smoked out side markers. They emailed me this which I think this is what you guys are also refering to

Any experience?
Curious as to whether or not these bulb colors could be changed. Think it'd be dope if I could get 6k bulbs on those LEDs. If not, stock halogens are still the best route for customization.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious as to whether or not these bulb colors could be changed. Think it'd be dope if I could get 6k bulbs on those LEDs. If not, stock halogens are still the best route for customization.
This is LED so it's all one unit with no bulbs that can be replaced. Same thing that's found on the Touring models and Type R

CrznErick

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser / 2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Yeah I think Slob is right. All the LED Headlights will need to have the entire headlight unit replaced because the nodes would be built in. Either way, LEDs are made to significantly outlast halogens anyways. I dont know much about them but I told em I was interested. Did anyone else get a call about it?

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Aside from the instant on, what's the advantage of LED's?

I just put HID's in my projectors and its 6000+ lumens of light blasting down the road. It's unbelievably bright and wide. I'm casting shadows on cars 4 lanes over.

As far as I understand it, LED's would give a good even spread but without a pinpoint source and good focusing, still lags behind HID's in range.
Sponsored