First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I simply replaced the halogen low-beams with H-11 LED's from Precision LED. They are plug and play and come with the appropriate ballast. The difference is astonishing and a fraction of the price of replacing the entire headlamp assembly.
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I simply replaced the halogen low-beams with H-11 LED's from Precision LED. They are plug and play and come with the appropriate ballast. The difference is astonishing and a fraction of the price of replacing the entire headlamp assembly.
You're kind of missing the point of this thread. If you just wanted better light output, a 55w HID set up will beat anything.

Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
The output doesnt look that great from video. Even the OEM LED headlights got low ratings for brightness. I used to have a 2016 Acura ILX and the LED headlights on those..... I'd kill for something like those on my Si coupe.

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan

CrznErick

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser / 2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
I'm actually kinda disappointed in the light output. My aftermarket LEDs were much brighter but these throw a little farther since they kind of mimic hotspots like in halogens and don't go as far off to the sides. But I love LED turn signals and the look so I'm probably going to keep them but hang on to my OEMs just in case.

Low beam (in my dark neighborhood)
20170923_203904.jpg
High beam
20170923_203908.jpg
Close output
20170923_201118.jpg
Hey, your Driver Side Low beam looks like you should level the output. Seems low, have you tried doing that?

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey, your Driver Side Low beam looks like you should level the output. Seems low, have you tried doing that?
Thanks I will mess with it this weekend. I thought that was normal to avoid pointing light at the other drivers face. I think I saw a thread about that but I will check.

CrznErick

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser / 2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
I'm getting mine installed by them tomorrow ! Will post pics and video.
Hey how did the isntallation
Thanks I will mess with it this weekend. I thought that was normal to avoid pointing light at the other drivers face. I think I saw a thread about that but I will check.
No problem. From my understanding, all lights need to be adjusted properly once installed as you can understand based on how they are manufactured, the lights leveling will be different from one light to the next. A lot of cars have auto leveling features and stuff but you see that on Euro Cars. Us JDM Cars have to adjust that ourselves for sure but here are some videos

that would probably help

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for the honest review. The light output from their video is, weak... If you dont like them just put them on eBay to get back as much as you can.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just park about 20-50 feet back from a wall on level ground and you should be able to see how out of wack they may be.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
The output doesnt look that great from video. Even the OEM LED headlights got low ratings for brightness. I used to have a 2016 Acura ILX and the LED headlights on those..... I'd kill for something like those on my Si coupe.
I think one of the reasons why the OEM ones are rated poor is because of the excessive glare. The OEM LEDs on the civic actually throw light further down the road than the ILX's.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/civic-4-door-hatchback
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/acura/ilx-4-door-sedan
Sponsored