Defective or planned part in front exterior of Civic sedan?

JeeYem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Recent owner of 2017 civic EX-T sedan with Honda sensing here. At the front of my car, black grill-like(?) part next to fog lights below the bumper are designed differently on the left compared to the right side. They are arrow-marked in the attached picture. I looked up online; some cars have similar design while others have same design on both sides. Is this a defect? Or the smooth part on the right side has some kind of sensor?

Attached picture is

Honda Civic 10th gen Defective or planned part in front exterior of Civic sedan? Inked2016-Honda-Civic-Touring-front-end-04_LI
Sponsored

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It is part of the sensing package. I believe it is the radar sensor. Cars without sensing have an insert identical to the one on the passenger side of the front.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
How do you start your post with "I have an EX-T with Honda Sensing here", question the asymmetrical design of the valence with a smooth panel that says DO NOT PAINT, and not make the connection that it's a radar panel?

Did you even read your owners manual?

It also can't be a 'defect' if many pictures of cars on the internet have it, since defects would mean very rare, practically non existent occurrences...

OP
OP

JeeYem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
How do you start your post with "I have an EX-T with Honda Sensing here", question the asymmetrical design of the valence with a smooth panel that says DO NOT PAINT, and not make the connection that it's a radar panel?

Did you even read your owners manual?

It also can't be a 'defect' if many pictures of cars on the internet have it, since defects would mean very rare, practically non existent occurrences...
I got the car very recently and still exploring it. I skimmed through the manual and obviously missed this. Tried googling, but didn't know the name of it. What's it called?
ps - I was going to tell you to stop trolling but then I saw the note about you being cynical and helpful with conditions-applies tag. Good one.

Last edited:

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
last time i bought a honda in the '80's they made sure you knew everything before leaving the lot. i mean everything. the only thing they made sure i knew this time was not to use chains.

miana79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I have the same exact car and same model year. Now I wanna go check in the morning to see if they are the same.

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
last time i bought a honda in the '80's they made sure you knew everything before leaving the lot. i mean everything. the only thing they made sure i knew this time was not to use chains.
When I bought my '16 Civic, a guy sat in the car with me for about 30 minutes going over everything and answered all of my questions. He even showed me all of the system settings and stuff in there too. Nice guy.
Sponsored