Decklid Spoiler installation instructions for Civic Sedan

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Nice. Please take photos before, during, and after install. I like the deck lid spoiler better than the factory spoiler lip and the higher wing spoiler.

Too bad we only have one pic of it so far...

Honda Civic 10th gen Decklid Spoiler installation instructions for Civic Sedan {filename}

Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
Really like how this was designed to integrate smoothly into the trunk and real tail light's lines. Looks very factory and not tacked on.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that for the sedan, the lip spoiler is a better option than the wing spoiler in terms of looks and not looking too tacked on. However, the coupe wing spoiler looks perfect in it's application.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I haven't had time to install the deck lid spoiler yet, but I just had to see what it is going to look like when I do.

Obviously the corners will be attached when it is installed but this give a bit of an idea of the finished product.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Honda Civic 10th gen Decklid Spoiler installation instructions for Civic Sedan 2016-civic-decklid-spoiler1

Honda Civic 10th gen Decklid Spoiler installation instructions for Civic Sedan 2016-civic-decklid-spoiler2

Honda Civic 10th gen Decklid Spoiler installation instructions for Civic Sedan 2016-civic-decklid-spoiler3

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Though i prefer wing spoilers to lip spoilers, this is definitely the better looking option for the sedan. Looks good, can't wait to hear how difficult/easy it was to install.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Though i prefer wing spoilers to lip spoilers, this is definitely the better looking option for the sedan. Looks good, can't wait to hear how difficult/easy it was to install.

The hardest part if finding time to do it.

4 holes and rub down the tape. Pretty easy, hopefully.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hardest part if finding time to do it.

4 holes and rub down the tape. Pretty easy, hopefully.
I put a wing spoiler on my 95 civic back in high school. Ordered online, had the integrated brake light etc. My dad and i did it. Took us about 2 hours total i think. Hardest part was wiring the brake light because japanese cars then (don't know about now) use a different color wiring for their electronics, so we had to kind of test a few combinations before we figured out which worked. The actual drilling and installation was easy.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way to take pics from the back and side but not as close-up? I'd like to see how the spoiler looks from a distance on the whole car. Thanks.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Spoiler was installed today, my friend at the auto body shop saw it in my trunk and she had it installed for me when I got done with my workout 1 hour later, so sorry no DIY post, but in tomorrow there will be pic's of it on the car.

She did it for free, she's a car freak and she will probably get a Civic too.

She keeps saying she can't believe it's a Civic!

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking about going with the black option as well for my Touring - especially since it's the only colour you can get with the Ivory leather interior in Canada. I've only ever owned light coloured cars so I'm a bit concerned about keeping it looking clean. Do you think the colour makes much of a difference compared to something like the Modern Steel Metallic?

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm thinking about going with the black option as well for my Touring - especially since it's the only colour you can get with the Ivory leather interior in Canada. I've only ever owned light coloured cars so I'm a bit concerned about keeping it looking clean. Do you think the colour makes much of a difference compared to something like the Modern Steel Metallic?

I love the color of mine, just wash it regularly and it will be sweet all the time! :thumbsup:

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the color of mine, just wash it regularly and it will be sweet all the time! :thumbsup:
Ha ha, yeah, I have a feeling that I'll love this car so much that I'll be happy to take it out for regular trips to the car wash. :)