Deciding on 2017 Hatchback LX vs EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Hey All. I'm scheduled to finalize my "deal" tonight, although I could postpone. I am likely picking up a 2017 Civic Hatchback in White - EX Trim (I wished the Standard/Manual LX, came in an EX Trim level...)

The only thing I couldn't live with on the LX is that 5" Screen. Sure the dual-climate, push-button start, and leather would be cool options, but not a huge deal breaker for me at all.

Is there a way to upgrade from the 5" to the 7", even if done myself? Unlikely I would imagine, but thought to ask... Thanks for your input in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
I may have just discovered that what I would want, would be the Sport Touring? It has the nicer screen, leather, and is still a standard? Plus the extra underbody trim? If that's true, does anyone know a price and release date - Thanks!

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I may have just discovered that what I would want, would be the Sport Touring? It has the nicer screen, leather, and is still a standard? Plus the extra underbody trim? If that's true, does anyone know a price and release date - Thanks!
MSRP: $29,175 and they will be showing up in a week or so.
Go https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/ and search the area

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
MSRP: $29,175 and they will be showing up in a week or so.
Go https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/ and search the area
Thanks for the info, very helpful with decisions I am trying to make. Also good tip on the site. Never heard of it before. After a quick search, there are only 3 currently available anywhere in the USA, the one thing I quickly noticed right off the bat, is that the screen is still the 5". But on the Honda website, the demo photo's for sure show the 7" inside of the Sport Touring. Confusing it seems, for now. Here is a link to the one white Hatch Sport Touring, w/ 5" screen from that site - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...9545&distance=500&zip=76034#listing=164238461

Let me know your thoughts on that. If a 5" is the only option on the Hatchback Sport Touring, then, my other question would be... is it feasibly possible to upgrade from a 5" to a 7" , even if it costs 1000-1500.00 to do it?

david91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan
The Sport Touring has the screen that the EX and EX-L has, not the one that the LX and Sport has. It sports all the upgrades of the Sport mixed with all the upgrades of the EX-L plus a few extras as well as Honda Sensing. You sort of just get everything in the Sport Touring. And yeah they are just starting to show up in dealerships in the US. Depending on where you live you could be waiting a few weeks.

SonicGray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser 6MT,Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo 5MT
Has anyone actually seen a manual for sale? Both my cars now are manuals but I am resigning myself to the CVT for now. I have not seen any manual LXs for sale within a couple hundred miles of me and wonder how many manual Sport Tourings there actually will be available. Also.. my wife really likes having a moonroof, so although she has only ever driven stick and never auto, she'd rather the moonroof over the manual if forced to choose between the two.

Also.. sorry if I am threadjacking but as a fellow Manual aficionado.. any idea how much it costs dealerships to order cars? Or would it just be a waiting period for me? Wondering because I was talking to a dealer that has 2 EX-Ts in green, but both CVT, not MT. The person I am talking to claims they can find me a manual..but I am kinda in doubt.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
I ended up buying a - 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L Navi. After I found a dealer with the EX, coming into them, test-driving another similar model (the navi), they thought they had the EX on a truck for delivery that day, but later found out it was blue, so they ended up working a better deal for me on the Navi, so now here I am. ;-)

SonicGray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you think the Navi is worth the difference in price? I wanted an EX but the dealer I am dealing with has an EX-L in the color I want. Thinking how to negotiate a better deal. Surely it would be easier and cheaper for them for me to take that than have to order me an EX.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Do you think the Navi is worth the difference in price? I wanted an EX but the dealer I am dealing with has an EX-L in the color I want. Thinking how to negotiate a better deal. Surely it would be easier and cheaper for them for me to take that than have to order me an EX.
Ya, my dealer, just like most others I would imagine, don't want to do a dealer swap/trade. It messes with some numbers that aren't in their favor, probably also because costs involved with the swap. I am no expert on that, but it was a major pain point for where I went. So, they preferred just to negotiate on the one they had. In fact... everyone should try this tactic.... go to a dealership you KNOW has the car you want... but, go in... asking about another color ;-) , maybe they will negotiate harder on the one they "have" thinking they are getting you to settle for less ;-) .

I don't like any built-in navigation. I never use it - haven't for the last 10 years. I prefer my phone. If you have an iPhone or an Android, you will appreciate the Apple Car Play, and Android Auto capabilities on the EX or higher models.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
Features that the EX-L has over the EX
Automatic-dimming rearview mirror
Driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
Leather-trimmed seats / Leather-wrapped steering wheel / Leather-wrapped shift knob
Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation SystemTM19 with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic

I don't mind having to flip the rear view mirror (although it is nice in my truck having auto dim)
I'm 6'6" and my seat will be all the way down and all the way back. Don't need powered seat
I've had leather and it can become a paint to keep care of when having a car for 200,000+miles
Do you have an Android or iOS smartphone? The EX comes with Android Auto/Apple Car Play=Navigation

The last reason personally is I am ordering an EX with sensing. If I'd want leather and sensing, then I would just pay the little extra and get the Touring

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
Also.. sorry if I am threadjacking but as a fellow Manual aficionado.. any idea how much it costs dealerships to order cars?
Dealers can only order so many per month for their dealer allotment. It costs $0 and would only cost them that spot. You will need to put down a $500 deposit when ordering.

SonicGray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers can only order so many per month for their dealer allotment. It costs $0 and would only cost them that spot. You will need to put down a $500 deposit when ordering.
I have not seen any manuals around me. I dunno about WI (lived there from 99-02) but supposedly there is only one manual LX currently available in all of OH. Even on here most of the manuals I see people post about having are on the West coast. Midwest getting no love..

Deleted member 8759

I have not seen any manuals around me. I dunno about WI (lived there from 99-02) but supposedly there is only one manual LX currently available in all of OH. Even on here most of the manuals I see people post about having are on the West coast. Midwest getting no love..
Also very few manual LX's on the East Coast. I bought mine on the 10th, only 3 in 150 mile radius.
Sponsored