Debadge..

k3v11n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 LX Sedan, '17 LX 1.5T
Anybody take of the "Civic" badge on the left rear of the car? I've done it on my previous vehicles with blow dryer/heat gun and dental floss. Just checking to see if its similar. Thanks.
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several threads on it.

Not a fan of them either. Removed the CIVIC, SPORT TOURING and even the TURBO stickers.

The next day I pulled them out and used Goo Gone and Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Eax afterwards.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody take of the "Civic" badge on the left rear of the car? I've done it on my previous vehicles with blow dryer/heat gun and dental floss. Just checking to see if its similar. Thanks.
My uncle took the "civic" and "touring" badges off my coupe the day I bought it. We didnt use any lubricant and no waxing afterwards Didnt even need to heat it up. He used fishing line slid behind the emblem and pulling away from car. The sticky glue just rubbed off with zero left overs. He does this at his shop routinely. I uploaded the video of us doing it onto youtube. Hope the link works.

Irocnrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L

Irocnrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Ordered my 2017 EXL Civic Coupe and picked it up a week after it hit the dealer lot. Dealer was prepping car when I arrived. Brought the car around for inspection and the sales rep look was priceless when I stripped the dealer decal and CIVIC logo off the left rear before I even opened the drivers door

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
best way to avoid the dreaded glue residue is to is to leave your car out in the sun, and just debadge using a dental floss. mine just "popped" right off without any effort and there was lesser residue on the body compared to most pictures i've seen here that used hair dryer / heat gun.

MrFowler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Civic 1.5 Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another vote for dental floss. Its nice and soft so does cause any damage at all. Fishing wire is tough and could leave marks in the paint if you're a bit rough

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
How long can you wait and still safely debadge?
I've had my EX-L for 5 months. Too late to try?

IAHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Ex
I did mine this past weekend, used dental floss to peel the letters off. Worked at the adhesive carefully with fingernails until a very small amount remained. Finished everything up with a little Goo Gone and a quick wash. Worked perfectly.

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Thanks. I'm familiar with that thread. Its a long one (12 pages?). Most posters seemed to debadge almost immediately after purchase. I want to get a feel for the effort/risk after 5 months. I've also got 9 letters on the right to remove (dealership name, "John Smith") and don't want to mess up my paint. Thanks.

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks. I'm familiar with that thread. Its a long one (12 pages?). Most posters seemed to debadge almost immediately after purchase. I want to get a feel for the effort/risk after 5 months. I've also got 9 letters on the right to remove (dealership name, "John Smith") and don't want to mess up my paint. Thanks.
Dealerships putting their name on a car like that bothers the crap out of me.

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Most posters seemed to debadge almost immediately after purchase. I want to get a feel for the effort/risk after 5 months. I've also got 9 letters on the right to remove (dealership name, "John Smith")
We had a sunny, warm day (90 deg-F), so I finally got around to debadging. Left the car in the afternoon sun for a hour, and the letters came off quickly with some fishing line (CIVIC and John Smith - LOL). The dealer's name left almost no residue. One swipe with Goo Gone and it was Gone. The CIVIC residue was A LOT thicker, and required more elbow grease and Goo Gone. After 10-15 minutes of gentle rubbing (as described by others) that residue is gone too!
Now I need to replace the license frame (to remove the final John Smith dealer tag). :)
Any suggestions?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I did mine after about 4 months of ownership. The badges came off almost perfectly...I did however put a tiny dent in the paint with my thumbnail when I went to pry the edge up on one of the letters. Probably because I used a heat gun and the badges are stuck to a piece of painted plastic (rather than metal).
Sponsored