Country flag
Last edited:

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
2nd point: You would have to be foolish to believe that in a few years a 17 Type R is going to be worth the same amount of money as a 17 civic ex???:crazy: That is nothing short of insanity my friend period. Is the SI worth the same as a DX?:doh:.
Exactly why I referenced Acura. The Integra Type R commands wayyyyy more money than any other "regular" Integra in today's used car market. Even the GS-R has higher used price tag over the lower trimmed Integras.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Exactly why I referenced Acura. The Integra Type R commands wayyyyy more money than any other "regular" Integra in today's used car market. Even the GS-R has higher used price tag over the lower trimmed Integras.
perfect example! Higher trims/lower quantities always demands a higher value than a base/standard trim vehicle.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's expected, if you are working there wouldn't you?

My Sport Touring had 7km. It doesn't take much to rip the hell out of it.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I'm having buyer's remorse guys for not getting the EX. glad I got my hatch when I did cause it eliminates by chances or desire for getting a CTR. unless I just wanted to scratch that itch for a CTR, in which case it would a be a 40 grand unwise move.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
I'm having buyer's remorse guys for not getting the EX. glad I got my hatch when I did cause it eliminates by chances or desire for getting a CTR. unless I just wanted to scratch that itch for a CTR, in which case it would a be a 40 grand unwise move.
You may be right about it being a mistake. But it seems that people are lining up (me included) to get one. There's two possible outcomes. One it could be the biggest mistake of decade or it could be one of the best cars to hit the market this decade. I'm betting on the second outcome and so are thousands of others.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
You may be right about it being a mistake. But it seems that people are lining up (me included) to get one. There's two possible outcomes. One it could be the biggest mistake of decade or it could be one of the best cars to hit the market this decade. I'm betting on the second outcome and so are thousands of others.
I'm another one of those thousands. Still, not too long to wait now before we should start seeing reviews by the motoring press and new owners, then we'll have a better idea. Not that I'm worried, I'm pretty sure Honda have done a great job with the car.
:thumbsup:

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm another one of those thousands. Still, not too long to wait now before we should start seeing reviews by the motoring press and new owners, then we'll have a better idea. Not that I'm worried, I'm pretty sure Honda have done a great job with the car.
:thumbsup:
I agree. To be sure anyone who's willing to pay close to 50k for the car has pretty deep pockets. And no doubt there's a few who will put the car on a lift and cover it. Not me! I need a new car. My 2004 Civic hybrid just died with only 199,400 miles on it. Motor never burnt a drop of oil, damn CVT!!!

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
ok so honest to god, no offence to you bro i think you were mis-lead, i know your just relaying what you might have been told. However, this is prob the silliest thing I've read all week.

1st point: The eff we are going to be crying after the excitement wears off! Us enthusiasts have been 'CRYING' for no less than a decade dying to get our hands on a CTR, so no tears will be shed other than tears of shear joy:cry:.

2nd point: You would have to be foolish to believe that in a few years a 17 Type R is going to be worth the same amount of money as a 17 civic ex???:crazy: That is nothing short of insanity my friend period. Is the SI worth the same as a DX?:doh:.

3rd point: Im guessing when you were told these things, you were shopping for your current car that you have since purchased. When you asked should you wait for the type R, they felt they were going to lose the sale that day and didn't want you to walk away. (knowing that they would sell all their type R's anyways when they did arrive.) So they told you these things to sway your decision and make you feel better about the purchase. "Saying type r owners are going to regret it/going to be worth the same money as the one your buying anyways, were ripping type r buyers off with the price, so you don't want to be ripped off right? so buy this EX now and you will be smart" o_OJedi mind tricks bro Welcome to the car business:D

EDIT: 4th point: your dealer said "then said he just cant see himself or anyone spending that kind of money on it cause its still a civic when its all said and done."
What do you think we are all doing here? lol. there are literally many honda salesman/Employees waiting/have deposits on a CTR.
I

Well youre correct, i was simply relaying what was told to me. I didnt say those things. Lol
As far as them worrying about losing a sale that day...lmfao bro ive bought 5 cars in a row from the same salesman, at the same dealer, all with the same finance manager and all, they are NEVER worried about wether im a serious customer or not. In fact if they wanted to pull that kind of thinking about me they would have said yesss its worth waiting for,, give us a deposit today and well get it to you soon as it lands! And as far as dropping value goes, sure youre correct, it will hold value , for private sellers selling to individuals! However dont act shocked like dealers wont give you more than ex or mayyyybe exl value on trade in. I was talking trade value, in wich case everyone loses their ass so i wouldnt be so sure about that one sir! And also what they were meaning was the value of a new msrp ex civic, not the same as an ex thats used at the same time as the type r. Meaning the used r bringing in the value of a new ex. As far as welcome to the car buisness comment lol i sold cars, for HONDA for a long time sir, and at many other dealers as well, got tired of dealing with people crying all the time and bounced after a 13yr career, so no , not new to it bro. Lol

Again all i did was RELAY what was told to me. Wont post in here again, sorry to of offended any type r owners!

Last edited:

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I

Well youre correct, i was simply relaying what was told to me. I didnt say those things. Lol
As far as them worrying about losing a sale that day...lmfao bro ive bought 5 cars in a row from the same salesman, at the same dealer, all with the same finance manager and all, they are NEVER worried about wether im a serious customer or not. In fact if they wanted to pull that kind of thinking about me they would have said yesss its worth waiting for,, give us a deposit today and well get it to you soon as it lands! And as far as dropping value goes, sure youre correct, it will hold value , for private sellers selling to individuals! However dont act shocked like dealers wont give you more than ex or mayyyybe exl value on trade in. I was talking trade value, in wich case everyone loses their ass so i wouldnt be so sure about that one sir! And also what they were meaning was the value of a new msrp ex civic, not the same as an ex thats used at the same time as the type r. Meaning the used r bringing in the value of a new ex. As far as welcome to the car buisness comment lol i sold cars, for HONDA for a long time sir, and at many other dealers as well, got tired of dealing with people crying all the time and bounced after a 13yr career, so no , not new to it bro. Lol

Again all i did was RELAY what was told to me. Wont post in here again, sorry to of offended any type r owners!
Wow, that was a lot to digest. Don't take it personal. People here have strong feelings on just about every aspect of this car. I guess it's one of the rules that makes it a good forum. Opinions are why i come here. You didn't offend anyone

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
I preface this with acknowledgement that I didn't read EVERY post in this thread so maybe this info has been given, and this is my first post on Civic X, but I am a long time Honda dealer employee and can give some insight on the PDI process.

Cars are delivered to us with almost no gas, tires inflated to 50psi and a few fuses not installed, sensors not activated etc (also they come with varied miles on them, some may have 3 miles, some may have 5 etc). So no matter what a dealer tells you, someone is driving the vehicle. A lot porter must take the car from the delivery truck to a staging area. A tech must PDI it which means, drive it to the gas station and then on a test drive to insure the vehicle doesn't have any problems along with filling out the PDI booklet noting everything was inspected properly. That's what they get paid to do and that's what Honda pays us to do to every car. Some dealers (like mine) have a dedicated PDI tech, and some write up new cars and they get distributed to all of the available techs to perform the PDI. My PDI tech is an older gentleman who could care less that it's a Type R and wouldn't joy ride in it no matter how much hp it has. His only concern is knocking out as many cars a day that he can as that's how he gets paid.

There's almost no way to avoid it unless your selling dealer REALLY has a grip on the situation and alerts everyone to abide by strict guidelines when the car arrives. We get cars delivered early in the morning and sometimes late at night when the Sales Dept isn't open, so even if your Sales guy is looking out for it, the car might come when only a service employee can access it and there again, you are at the mercy of that employee. But lets get something clear. Your car/motor is tested by Honda before it's delivered to the dealer. So unless the car you buy has over 50 miles on it where it's been hot dogged for every mile, I seriously doubt the 2-5 miles the Honda tech puts on it is going to be the nail in the coffin when it comes to the longevity of the motor. Also it should be noted most employees by now (mine included) know the CTR they have coming is already spoken for and they don't assume they'll get to drive it anyways as they know the owner will probably be present as soon as the car hits the lot. Just my $.02.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
Wow, that was a lot to digest. Don't take it personal. People here have strong feelings on just about every aspect of this car. I guess it's one of the rules that makes it a good forum. Opinions are why i come here. You didn't offend anyone
I hear you, but maybe they shouldnt take it so personal then if they have such strong feelings about a car "they did NOT create or build" , lol Im a Honda enthusiast to the fullest and it hurt my heart to hear my dealer tell me those things about the R, but I didnt take it personal, I took it for what it was, sound advice from a 30+ yr veteran @Honda. Lol this R, I dont believe will ever be revered as highly as the old school type r's. If it were a case of availability only in japan and Europe like past R's then yeah, but being avail here will ultimately kill its "hype", which imo is sad. But again thats "in my opinion" so no offense meant to ANYONE!

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Anyone planning on just garaging their type R and not really driving it other than a Sunday driver? This first batch could be a collector item in 20 years :-D.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Anyone planning on just garaging their type R and not really driving it other than a Sunday driver? This first batch could be a collector item in 20 years :-D.
You're right. It cold be. Not a wise investment to buy it for that reason alone. I'm not driving mine much, but I live on a dirt road and have a DD that gets better gas mileage.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Mine will only be a Sunday driver. Like to think I'll keep it for a long time and hopefully it will be a collectors item one day, but no way to know. Anyone know of a mint low mile 1997 Integra Type R selling for big money? I feel like my dad anytime someone brings up what a matching numbers '69 Camaro sells for at Barrett-Jackson.."I should have kept my '69! I'd be rich!" HaHa.
Sponsored