Dealers " test driving" your CTR's before delivery

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Haha, i only drive pdis 2 miles usually. And everyone takes turns during those 2 miles. But its true when you do a lit of the same model it get mundane you just want to make money and go to the next car. But specialty cars are always driven. I worked for acura for a year.. that was a while back so i dont remember forms. But ive worked for audi for like 15 years.. and it def states it there. Im seriously surprised your car only had 2 miles , thats very rare. Ive bought 3 new hondas and they sll had around 7-10 which is similar to audis.. but the audi sports cars always cam with at least 30 cause germany would always test drive those more.
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
But not everyone drives the crap out of cars. Ive worked on cars long enough where i dontvreally care anymore. Im just saying i wouldnt really worry to much about it

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
So as soon as the SI's hit dealers they were being "test driving" by dealers for reviews and what not. I for one am afraid of this very thing. The CTR if like the SI have a 1500 mile break in period. And we know with it being the type r new to America that dealers will be lead footing around in these once delivered, you know to "test". Last thing I want is my CTR to be reved and redlined around town before I get it. Or gunned around the lot by the employees having a little fun before the 1500 mile break in. When I bought my 2015 SI, it had 1.5 miles on it. Literally I rolled it to 2 miles on way off lot. Some how I doubt I'll get my R with less then a 100 from you know " testing". When these cars are reved up and redlined before break in period it can cause issues I really don't want to deal with later on because of some dealers fun.
I had 10 miles on mine. Should I be worried? I've had it in Econ mode since day 1, babying it but still getting on it but never from a standstill. Oh well, next time, I get one they just dropped off the truck and they can tell you when one has recently in-fluxed.

sti_Q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrx sti limited
I had 10 miles on mine. Should I be worried? I've had it in Econ mode since day 1, babying it but still getting on it but never from a standstill. Oh well, next time, I get one they just dropped off the truck and they can tell you when one has recently in-fluxed.
10 miles is pretty common. Mine had 6 before I test drove it after basically getting a pre approval from the bank for the loan. I put about 3-4 miles on it doing a test drive and the salesman reminded me as soon as I got in the car to go easy on it because of the break in period. I'd be worried if the car had 40 or more miles. That would seem off to me and I'd question that for sure.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
My dealer in houston said they were only getting 4 total. And that all 4 were sold, paid in full! Crazy!

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
My dealer in houston said they were only getting 4 total. And that all 4 were sold, paid in full! Crazy!
How could they be paid in full without an MSRP? :what:

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
I mean they may not allow test drives, but the employees themselves probably will drive it with no intention of buying it unless you are there from the moment it gets off the truck until the keys are in your hand.
My dealer and i have a strict understanding that i want called the minute the truck gets their as i live 5 mins from my dealer and i adv if any body does move it it has to have 1 mile or less, they happily agreed no mechanic or associate is able to drive my car, the only driver will be me and the gentleman that pulls it off the truck which I'm fine with , them guys have seen every type of car out their type r will be nothing short of special to them

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
My dealer is getting one and it's already paid for as well just waiting to hear msrp and i have a check ready to go for them

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Haha you guys are funny. As a tech at a dealer, its guaranteed the techs will romp on it . Pdi sheets state check performance.. and sales man will be riding 4 deep taking turns. Just hope you dont get "that" tech who drives like an assclown. But i wouldnt sweat it.. you will do worse then them your first few drives.
I look at Honda PDI sheets all day and have yet to see one that states "check performance".

Not all dealer's employees romp on them. Thankfully there's still a few good guys out there at dealers that put themselves in the new owner's shoes but they are few and far between. Sadly.

Knock on wood... I'm hoping karma is on my side and mine is treated the same way I treat customer's rides before they take delivery of them.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Yeah, you can kick and scream all you want, but I don't think anything you want to do can prevent a dealer from driving the car. You don't own the car until the title changes hands, sorry. About the only thing you can do is not buy the car if you see it has a lot of miles... but they won't give a crap since they'll have plenty of others willing to buy.

If it's any comfort, modern engines are basically broken in by the time it gets to the dealer. They are tested in the factory, then the cars get tested in the factory, and then it's not like the people driving them on and off the boats and on and off the trailers will be particularly nice to the engines.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I look at Honda PDI sheets all day and have yet to see one that states "check performance".
You sure about that? Here's part of Honda PDI sheet. Can you please read me the second item under section 9?

Honda Civic 10th gen Dealers " test driving" your CTR's  before delivery Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 06.54.20

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
You sure about that? Here's part of Honda PDI sheet. Can you please read me the second item under section 9?

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 06.54.20.png
I sorry its the internet and that could be from any thing you googled. I would like to see the whole form with honda header and all. I have my pdi sheet they left it in my car when i got it. no where on it does it say check performance or anything else that would imply to drive the car around. its all check hand brake and lights and knobs and exterior for dings.. stuff like that. No where does it say drive the car and check how it accelerates or what not. that stuff is checked at the factory before it leaves. not to mention being driven on to the boat, trucks and off again.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
How could they be paid in full without an MSRP? :what:
I have no idea! Just what i was told! Maybe they paid like 90% down or something, who knows, i wasnt surprised at that, what surpised me was 4!?!?? Your only getting 4? I instantly started laughing at some people that didnt get a hatchback cause they waited for this thinking itd be just as easy! Lol may as well buy a ex or sport model cause type r isnt so readily available!
Sponsored