DD Tire Issue

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
I plan on using my type r for a daily driver. I live in central pennsylvania and I need to unload these track tires and get some all seasons on this car quick. I bought this car on an impulse and did not do a lot of research, I'll admit that. Can anyone help me as far as who might buy these tires from me...and what all season tires can I put on this thing? I can't believe i'm the only person in this situation. Lol, maybe I am...so I guess I need help with this.
Sponsored

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
are you going to winter drive it? I suggest steel wheels or cheaper alloys on winter tires. the sidewall on this is so small

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you going to winter drive it? I suggest steel wheels or cheaper alloys on winter tires. the sidewall on this is so small
I am definitely going to winter drive it as it is my only car now lol. I haven't budgeted for a separate winter set and summer set.....i need one tire I can run all year. Not too concerned about driving difficulty, just tire life. Ideally I want the longest lasting tire I can put on this car that I can use all year round.

By not budgeting for the tires I mean I don't have an extra $1200 or so lying around right now that I can spend on tires let alone different rims to go with them wich probably means even more money...so I need to sell these in order to afford to get other ones on them that I can use this winter. I'm not even sure how that would work at this point.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I am definitely going to winter drive it as it is my only car now lol. I haven't budgeted for a separate winter set and summer set.....i need one tire I can run all year. Not too concerned about driving difficulty, just tire life. Ideally I want the longest lasting tire I can put on this car that I can use all year round.
You bought the wrong car... I'm guessing your screen name is not a joke as well.

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Last week I checked on TireRack and there are no 20" all-seasons available. Yet. I'd probably downgrade to 19's. Plenty of those available but obviously that is yet another cost of owning a new vehicle! It's definitely something I will be keeping in my mind if the opportunity arises for me to get a Type R at MSRP.

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
uhmmm... your real only option is to get new alloys or steel wheels and run some all seasons. maybe some 17s. but i highly recommend you budget for steel wheels and winter set.

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
uhmmm... your real only option is to get new alloys or steel wheels and run some all seasons. maybe some 17s. but i highly recommend you budget for steel wheels and winter set.
I saw somewhere that 18's are the recommended temp tire and that you'd have to watch which ones you'd get so they'd fit over the brembo's.....I'd be willing to downgrade to 19's if I'd somehow come out even on a swap.

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
I saw somewhere that 18's are the recommended temp tire and that you'd have to watch which ones you'd get so they'd fit over the brembo's.....I'd be willing to downgrade to 19's if I'd somehow come out even on a swap.
keep your stock wheels. they will be impossible to find one day (or cost a fortune) and the one day you sell your car. not having them will destroy your resale (I know this from the s2000 oem wheels) so 19s with all season is your best bet given your budget but 19s cost a lot and so do the tires. 18s are cheaper if you can find something to fit over the brembos. just need the correct offset.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Buys a car that you can't afford. You done fucked up son.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
One of the YT videos (I think EE) explained that the torque steer is partially gone due to the precise rims/offset. Fucking around with that will screw your driving dynamics, and if the rim width/offset is documented internally at Honda somewhere, changing them will give the dealer grounds to deny any warranty on suspension.

Seriously, if you can't afford a new set of tires/wheels, you done bought the wrong car.

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
One of the YT videos (I think EE) explained that the torque steer is partially gone due to the precise rims/offset. Fucking around with that will screw your driving dynamics, and if the rim width/offset is documented internally at Honda somewhere, changing them will give the dealer grounds to deny any warranty on suspension.

Seriously, if you can't afford a new set of tires/wheels, you done bought the wrong car.
he can buy new wheels with the exact same offset im sure.

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
I've been looking for some wheel options in 19 inch and maybe in 18 too, but I haven't been lucky finding anything with the right offset, which is +60mm. Hopefully some popular wheel brands will offer something soon or I might have to go custom, when I finally get my CTR.

Hondasport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R-00144
L & M Tire and Wheel in Abbottstown used to buy and sell wheels and tires. I'm not sure if they still do. You can also buy used tires and wheels from them to help cut cost. I'd definitely hold onto the stock wheels because your resale value will diminish without them. The stock tires will definitely not work in central PA in the winter. That's why I'm already looking into getting replacement tires and/or wheels.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
you should really get winters at 18 with cheap alloy rims... and use the summer tires in summer.. all season is not meant for anything below 7C or 45F.. and being in PA i am assuming it's not that much different from Toronto
Sponsored