DD the CTR?

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
At this point today, the supply chain is said to be ready for a 245.30.20 tire for an April launch. Will a 19" be available? I am not sure on that. What I DO KNOW is that a 20" fitment is 100% certain. I'm so confident with this that I am willing to bet money on it. :) The part number within Honda should be available in the near future.

I've said it in other threads. This car will be eating tires for breakfast. If you buy a car that is dubbed a 'race car for the road' that's putting 300+ hp through the front wheels, with suspension, a transmission, and aero that is built to keep the tires planted to the pavement, you should be prepared to spend some money on tires. It will be a high maintenance car. Hopefully that adds to the question...DD a CTR?
With that profile, I don't know if the tires will have a chance to get eat'n.

My Mugen si has 215/40/18's and I've used winter wheels/ tires for every winter so far except this one. Dodging potholes in Jersey is a daily thing during the winter season here. I mean even throughout the year it's a PITA, but manageable for the most part. Seeing those 30's on the Type R and how much actual rubber is between the wheel and pavement makes nervous as hell. I've never banged up one of my Mugen GP's with a pothole, but the 30 profile may not even be realistic at all...lol owners are going to have to come up with some alternatives. Maybe the 19's would be better from the 9th gen. If the offset is the same that is. Although the 35 profile on the 9th isn't much better. I know there're aftermarket wheels, Volk etc but for anyone that wants to keep the OEM look it may be an alternative. Honda may just have to go ass backwards this time and offer a smaller wheel vs larger wheel under accessories :eek:
Sponsored