Dash cams and installations

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
Why did you use inner tube to make rubber bands? I'd have used Velcro cord wrap in black...available pretty much anywhere. Cool idea though.
Velcro works, however rubber bands are thinner, less chance of the Möbius slipping than Velcro and frankly, once I install a dash cam, I rarely remove it which, of course, is one of the benefits of Velcro.

Frankly, after checking the videos for aim and basic functionality, once installed, my dash cams don't get a lot of attention. They are there to record an accident or the occaisional meteor explosion passing through the neighborhood! :lol:
Sponsored

Last edited:

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
TheWalkman, thanks to you and your encouragement I finally did it. Like you said, the wiring is easy, the only hardest part for me was copying the mount you made. I put together a few peices of hard plastic, had a coworker use photoshop to measure the angle of the windshield in one of your photos, and put everything together with a glue gun and some duct tape. I used velcro to mount the camera to the mount and the mount is also attached via velcro on the windshield. Easier said than done.

Here's the mount. There's a 25 degree hypotenuse.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations IMG_20160523_185954

Hid the wiring behind the airbag panel.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations IMG_20160523_190005
Got a bit tricky here but I managed to squeeze it in between the rubber weathering strip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations IMG_20160523_190013

Attached to a 2.4amp USB outlet. The other wire will be used for my phone with Android Auto.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations IMG_20160523_190913

Not in the way and is pretty much hidden.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations IMG_20160523_191839

Fivenine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex
My DOD ls470w+ looks huge and like a regular camera. While parked(had the car running with me inside) in a ghetto neighborhood today 2 wannabe thugs were trying to see inside my car by walking around through the front (they wanted to see who was inside) since I have 5% all around thinking they were discreet they noticed the camera and I assumed they thought I was law enforcement they just stare at it and went inside their house. You would think they figure it's a dash cam but they really look disoriented
Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations 20160520_180744

Last edited:

grimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Finished installing one today. 650 blackvue 2ch. Anyone know how to turn off the GPS, and why is the image quality on the PC app so shitty? At first I thought the camera had issues until I loaded the videos on VLC and it looked fine.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finished installing one today. 650 blackvue 2ch. Anyone know how to turn off the GPS, and why is the image quality on the PC app so shitty? At first I thought the camera had issues until I loaded the videos on VLC and it looked fine.
GPS is not able to be turned off as far as I know. Now in regards to image quality, double check video record quality and what format it is being recorded in and the media player being used.

w7fisherking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lunar Silver Metallic Civic EXL 2016, Accord EXL 05
Is it easy to run the wire to the back of the car? Did you use power magic pro to enable the parking mode?

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Optima SXL
Country flag
Just installed a Thinkware F750 with the Rear Camera...so far so good, i will post some videos tomorrow. I will post some better pictures of the Dash cams also.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations PicsArt_06-03-04.48.20

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I don't know if it's been mentioned but this is the solution I came up with for my daughter when I put a dash cam in her car. Now her and her friends can charge their phones and keep the cam plugged in.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash cams and installations Screenshot_20160604-011332

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I have a Thinkware set for my other car but looking at your install, I think I should run out and get a 90-degree adaptor for the rear cam, maybe the front too. I can't stand excess wiring. How do you like it so far?

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't think about a 90degree adapter, going to have to look for that...love it so far , have it hardwired so it goes into parking mode when the car is off.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Everything's dirt cheap on Amazon. For my Civic, I have a set of Mini 0806s and the wiring kits came with 90-degree plugs but I think I'm going to have to hit up Amazon again for another set of dongles for my Thinkware cams. I do very much appreciate you taking the risk before anyone else to point that out though.

Quality install on your part too. I'm currently installing an aftermarket sub in the trunk and kind of looking at the C pillar with a little dread to run the wiring for my rear cam.

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will have to check out Amazon, have to love that Prime! Yeah the wires where bugging me by the way they where not fully able to tuck under the liner.
Sponsored