• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

CW CTR for sale

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
SOLD!

I just bought an F80 M3 so I would like to get the CTR sold sooner rather than later. I'm not desperate but I do need the garage space!

Car still has 59 miles on it. PM or call/text for more details or any questions. xxx-xxx-xxxx

Please keep in mind, I am not a dealer, I cannot provide financing. You will need cash or credit from a bank. The car is paid for and I do have the title in hand.

If you're long distance and don't want to pick up, I will help coordinate shipping, but shipping costs will be on the buyer. The last quote I got to SoCal I believe was $1050. I'm pretty much in the middle of the country here in Arkansas, so it should be cheaper the closer you are to me.

thanks

-------------------------------
old crap.....

Edit 4: No surprises, the last eBay auction once again left me with multiple bidders who all made promises about payment but of course did not come through. So yeah, don't think I will mess with eBay again. There is no real recourse for people that bid/win and don't pay.

Edit 3: Alright, I guess I am seeing if "third time's a charm" works with eBay auctions as well. Trying this one more time.
If anyone here is interested, please PM me offers. If I was trying to make a killing on it, I would have just sold it 3 months ago. I really just want what I have in it which is around $39K. But again, I'll consider offers of course. Thanks

Edit 2: another eBay auction completed, another flake buyer. Guy didn't even bother to check financing before bidding! He couldn't get a loan. At least I didn't get jerked around for 3 weeks this time. Not sure if I will relist on eBay or not. Feel free to PM me offers guys.

Edit: The winning buyer on the last auction was Honda of Sunnyvale California. They jerked me around for 3 weeks, made me jump through paperwork hoops, were completely unprofessional and had horrible communication, and never paid. Then suddenly after saying the check was being over-nighted to me, they email me to say they are backing out of the sale. They claimed it was a shipping issue but when I offered to arrange shipping, they claimed "internal issues" at the dealership preventing them from proceeding.

The auction finished at $39,689. They outbid the next closest person by only $100, who I confirmed later was an individual. Not only that, but an individual who lived one adjacent state over to me which would have made shipping/delivery easy. I tried reaching out to them a couple days ago but never heard back, probably already got another CTR. Needless to say, Sunnyvale Honda probably cost me a few grand. Guess we will see what happens on this new auction.

Original post:

-------------

Feel free to flame away, but I've decided to sell my CTR. I've just got too many cars and want too many others.

Championship White #470, 59 miles on odometer.

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale IMG_20170810_212509_823

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (2)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (3)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (5)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (6)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (7)

Honda Civic 10th gen CW CTR for sale s-l1600 (10)

View attachment 69590

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
I've never bought a car on eBay before but I'm going to keep an eye on this.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing really different or special- eBay is really just the facilitator of the auction. After the auction is over, the buyer/seller work out details on payment and shipping. It's not like eBay makes you pay via Paypal or anything crazy like that. Well, outside of the initial deposit.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Feel free to flame away, but I've decided to sell my CTR. I've just got too many cars and want too many others.

Championship White #470, 59 miles on odometer. Has OEM Type-R trunk mat.

Auction is no reserve, currently at $35k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282615276615

IMG_20170810_212509_823.jpg

(mods- not sure why this got moved to the general classifieds - reposting here as it is more appropriate in the CTR forum)
My Type Rs are opposites with CW DC2 and CBP FK8.

Good luck with the sale.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
The CTR is mammoth compared to the ITR/S2k.

Don't think anyone is going to flame you for selling your CTR. The people that get flamed are the ones who are doing it for resale and using a lame excuse as their reason for flipping the car.

Props for selling the car at a fair price and not trying to profit on the current scarcity.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold, just shy of $40K (well pending payment, ha). Was kind of surprised to be honest since I started the auction at $30K and figured demand had died down quite a bit. I guess there is still more demand than some would like to think, especially considering mine was used. Hopefully the new owner gets a ton of enjoyment out of it!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the buyer back out?
The "winner" won 3 Type R's that week on eBay. Let's hope his "shopping spree" is over. Non paying bidders on a big ticket item are very frustrating to deal with.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the buyer back out?
The winning buyer on the last auction was Honda of Sunnyvale California. They jerked me around for 3 weeks, made me jump through paperwork hoops, were completely unprofessional and had horrible communication, and never paid. Then suddenly after saying the check was being over-nighted to me, they email me to say they are backing out of the sale. They claimed it was a shipping issue but when I offered to arrange shipping, they claimed "internal issues" at the dealership preventing them from proceeding.

The auction finished at $39,689. They outbid the next closest person by only $100, who I confirmed later was an individual. Not only that, but an individual who lived one adjacent state over to me which would have made shipping/delivery easy. I tried reaching out to them a couple days ago but never heard back, probably already got another CTR. Needless to say, Sunnyvale Honda probably cost me a few grand. Guess we will see what happens on this new auction.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "winner" won 3 Type R's that week on eBay. Let's hope his "shopping spree" is over. Non paying bidders on a big ticket item are very frustrating to deal with.
Can you tell me how you see this? When I check their username, it just shows me feedback, and it doesn't link to any car sales. But if they did buy 3, that would make their "reason" for buying the car a completely lie. They claimed they were buying it for an employee in service since they had been unable to get a CW themselves, and when they did eventually get a CW from Honda, they would want to sell it for as much ADM as possible. Not that should surprise anyone.

This reminds me- there was a guy I ran into that was bidding on my CTR who has bought and sold 3 others. He was just an individual who got orders in with multiple dealers and then flipped them. He currently has a Dodge Demon pre-sale auction on eBay for six figures. Crazy stuff.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you tell me how you see this? When I check their username, it just shows me feedback, and it doesn't link to any car sales. But if they did buy 3, that would make their "reason" for buying the car a completely lie. They claimed they were buying it for an employee in service since they had been unable to get a CW themselves, and when they did eventually get a CW from Honda, they would want to sell it for as much ADM as possible. Not that should surprise anyone.

This reminds me- there was a guy I ran into that was bidding on my CTR who has bought and sold 3 others. He was just an individual who got orders in with multiple dealers and then flipped them. He currently has a Dodge Demon pre-sale auction on eBay for six figures. Crazy stuff.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....5&bidtid=1720643556018&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

That actually lists 4 auction wins on Honda vehicles by that user within the last 30 days. I assumed they were all CTRs, could be wrong there of course. I noticed this at the end of the auction but hoped (for your sake) that I was wrong.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....5&bidtid=1720643556018&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

That actually lists 4 auction wins on Honda vehicles by that user within the last 30 days. I assumed they were all CTRs, could be wrong there of course. I noticed this at the end of the auction but hoped (for your sake) that I was wrong.
I suppose it is possible it is just them buying other Honda vehicles, but wouldn't surprise me if it was CTR's too. I guess someone could look at the completed/sold CTR auctions and see if that user ID matches up. I worked with 2 people. The first was the guy who is actually tied to the eBay account (who I've since discovered has changed his user-id several times). He said he works for the auto group that Sunnyvale Honda is part of, buying/selling/moving cars around the US. The other guy was the Sales Manager at the actual Honda dealership.

I filed a complaint with eBay and they said they would ding his rating for not paying, and that he would not be able to leave me negative feedback. All I can really do I suppose.
Sponsored