CVT Problems on New Civic - Please Help!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex 2014
What's up guys. My car is a 2014 Honda Civic Ex with 12,000 miles. I can feel my car shudder at almost all speeds. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dirkee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan with Sensing
Mine is clunky at 25 mph and under as well. Took it in and they said it was normal just as I knew they would. Most people here have high speed cvt issues but mine is definitely flaky at low speeds.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Did they check engine/transmission mounts? Could also be your engine misfiring, and not related at all to your transmission - but those would throw codes.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Confused about the question. Is it really new or is it the 2014 model?

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well my 16 civic touring is very jerky shuddery at lower speeds. And I get several jerks when coming to a stop. I don't really believe this is how a cvt is because I drove a fit with the cvt and it was smooth. Since I've had the car I've had it there about 6 times for multiple problems.

stayninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well my 16 civic touring is very jerky shuddery at lower speeds. And I get several jerks when coming to a stop. I don't really believe this is how a cvt is because I drove a fit with the cvt and it was smooth. Since I've had the car I've had it there about 6 times for multiple problems.
Hey man, I have the same problem. I fell my 16 civic EX-T jerk a bit when coming to a sudden stop. Its not that bad but i can feel it. Don't know if its normal

Monsur313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Did anybody come up with a solution to this problem? because it feels like how auto trans kick when the gears are warned out.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, I have the same problem. I fell my 16 civic EX-T jerk a bit when coming to a sudden stop. Its not that bad but i can feel it. Don't know if its normal
I get the jerk almost every time. But to me what is worse is when slowly coming to a stop I get several light jerks. Try it out. When your gently slowing to a stop see if you feel several jerks. I also call it shuddery. Very annoying. I've made a post months back and some people say there cvt is extremely smooth and others say it's jerky like mine. I don't think this is normal. I also notice its doesn't really do it when the car is cold. Only when warm after a few minutes of driving.

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
I had a 2015 Civic EX-L Sedan with the CVT. The car was a total piece of shit. CVT was jerky and dangerously slow. Brought it to a few dealers all of which denied any problem. I got so sick of the terrible ride, noisy brakes, clunks, rattles, etc, etc that I traded it in with 11,500 miles and got a 2016 EX-T Sedan. Leaps and bounds better but still with issues. I have to come to the realization that cars are not made to last decades anymore. 5-7 years is what I'm guessing the cars life expectancy will be nowadays.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2015 Civic EX-L Sedan with the CVT. The car was a total piece of shit. CVT was jerky and dangerously slow. Brought it to a few dealers all of which denied any problem. I got so sick of the terrible ride, noisy brakes, clunks, rattles, etc, etc that I traded it in with 11,500 miles and got a 2016 EX-T Sedan. Leaps and bounds better but still with issues. I have to come to the realization that cars are not made to last decades anymore. 5-7 years is what I'm guessing the cars life expectancy will be nowadays.
Average age of cars on the road is 11.4. (Source: http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/r...ortation_statistics/html/table_01_26.html_mfd)

Car won't implode in 5 years.

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Also, what are the odds that the dated Android system our cars are running on will be compatible with technology 7-11 years from now?
The same exact odds that technology 7-11 years old is compatible with today's tech. You make do, find work-arounds, and live without certain things. And while it's true that products "aren't built like they used to be," modern CAD, knowledge, materials, and construction lend a lot to longevity.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
I get the jerk almost every time. But to me what is worse is when slowly coming to a stop I get several light jerks. Try it out. When your gently slowing to a stop see if you feel several jerks. I also call it shuddery. Very annoying. I've made a post months back and some people say there cvt is extremely smooth and others say it's jerky like mine. I don't think this is normal. I also notice its doesn't really do it when the car is cold. Only when warm after a few minutes of driving.
My 2015 Was jerky but my 2016 isn't
Sponsored