Cusco rear and front strut bars

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Finally got my strut bars after a mix up.

The fitment on the front strut bar seem to be a little off but it bolts on after scraping some paint off.

The rear bars are not bolt on. It comes with hardware to attach nuts on the back plate where it bolts on. I havnt gotten time to install that yet. I will update once i do

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco rear and front strut bars kTOcTar

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco rear and front strut bars YVwmplx

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Finally got my strut bars after a mix up.

The fitment on the front strut bar seem to be a little off but it bolts on after scraping some paint off.

The rear bars are not bolt on. It comes with hardware to attach nuts on the back plate where it bolts on. I havnt gotten time to install that yet. I will update once i do

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco rear and front strut bars kTOcTar

Honda Civic 10th gen Cusco rear and front strut bars YVwmplx
Can you provide a link to where it can be ordered? Looks great.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
I didn't even think Cusco stuff for our cars were out yet. I looked at Cusco USA website & they don't have anything for 2016 Civic. How does one tell if it's authentic Cusco or a copy? There shouldn't be any fitment issues if it's authentic, right?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its just slightly off (like 1cm) but it could be that my car was not even on the ground.

thats cause its not a cusco usa product. I bought this from oversea. Its not out in the us yet. Another member has a whole set of them on his car. the one that dyno tuned his car to 268hp http://cusco.net.cn/product_detailbb.aspx?pr_id=288

Last edited:

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Nice, I've been waiting for an update on these.

How's the ride thus far?

...I believe I'm gonna hop onto eBay right now and pick up the front bar

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Nice, I've been waiting for an update on these.

How's the ride thus far?

...I believe I'm gonna hop onto eBay right now and pick up the front bar
i only got the front installed. it feels tighter when turning but its probably just in my head. the H brace will probably be the most noticable difference.

I see someone ordered a whole set on ebay

For anyone getting the top rear strut bars. you have to cut the carpet a little bit or pull the carpet down a little

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Perfect! How does the car feel, with both bars in place? Have you had a chance to do any testing?
let me be honest, i dont go on sprint drives or auto cross. With just the front bar on, the front end did feel tighter around turns but could be just in my head. I haven't tested it with the rear bar on yet.

Last edited:

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Personally, I think it will be difficult to detect a difference in handling on the street, since the gen x chassis is already very rigid from the factory. Especially with the rear bar since there is already quite a bit of metal between the c-pillars.

The only way to know for sure would be to put some r-compound tires on and go to an auto-x event and do a before/after comparison.

I am thinking about ordering just the front bar and fabbing up a bracket to bolt the bar to the firewall. That would probably be somewhat noticeable on the street.

And I don't think the other braces would do much of anything for a street car. Using all of them would probably make a difference for a dedicated race car that already has a very dialed in suspension setup and is running a cage and slicks, but nothing less than that.

ETA: thanks for the review and pics OP!