CTR Production delay. any input

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
My sales manager got this email from honda asking why my car is delays my production day is 6/27.

what you guys think
"

The factories are behind in producing the Type R. In addition, their ramps are gearing up for the 2018 model Type R.

The VIN is assigned once it reaches the Port.
"
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Probably cause they are fixing the wiring harness. My production date was 6/8 i just got it 1 1/2 week ago. It was supposed to arrive 7/16 but i got it first week of august.. and it had updated harness

SnapOn_86

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Civic Si
My sales manager got this email from honda asking why my car is delays my production day is 6/27.

what you guys think
"

The factories are behind in producing the Type R. In addition, their ramps are gearing up for the 2018 model Type R.

"
Let me know when you get an ETA or the actual car. My production date is 7/14 so clearly I'm weeks behind you...

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
I got my VIN on 7/17, same day the carrier left port in England, and the car arrived in PA on 7/28. Not sure if it was just coincidence that VIN was assigned that day. Maybe they use more boats. Looks like the boat is headed to Baltimore now. If your R isn't onboard it would be few weeks before getting back to England.
their ramps are gearing up for the 2018 model Type R.
Does this refer to the right hand drive version for UK, AUS, or Japan. Have sales started in any of those countries? Is Honda calling them 2018s?

2017_TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #5436
Country flag
mine was supposed to be built on 6/23. Still no ETA. My dealer said it was delayed. I guess it makes sense now. :banghead:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like it will be worth the wait if they are making revisions.

SnapOn_86

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Civic Si
I got my VIN on 7/17, same day the carrier left port in England, and the car arrived in PA on 7/28. Not sure if it was just coincidence that VIN was assigned that day. Maybe they use more boats. Looks like the boat is headed to Baltimore now. If your R isn't onboard it would be few weeks before getting back to England.

Does this refer to the right hand drive version for UK, AUS, or Japan. Have sales started in any of those countries? Is Honda calling them 2018s?
So two things.

1. What was your production date?

2. Where/how are you seeing this boat headed to Baltimore ??? (EDIT: just realized that was a link, I'm an idiot)

Last edited:

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
so if the build date is 7/14 then most likely 2 months for eta?

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Honda UK accepted pre-orders some months ago, and recently started converting those to full orders. UK dealers got their own demonstrator cars about a week ago, and the consensus seems to be that customer cars will start being delivered at the start of September. I'm not sure which model year they'll officially be, but in the UK the license plate date code changes on 1st September so that may be why they've targeted that date for customer deliveries so they will all be on a plate that has the code for Sep-17 to Feb-18 rather than being on a plate for Mar-17 to Aug-17 and looking out of date within days.

Model year and plate date code aren't necessarily linked, but come time to sell it does make some difference to the value of the car which code it was on, even though another car on the earlier code might only be a few days older. Plus people of course like their car to look as new as possible so I guess many here would wait to register the car until 1s September if it was available a week or two before that, so it probably wouldn't be worth Honda rushing the cars out much before then anyway as many would sit around waiting to be registered.

I believe Oz get their first cars a month or so after the UK, so they're probably being built at the same time and the difference will mostly be down to transit time as it's quite a long way down under on a slow boat! I'm actually close enough to pop into the Swindon factory this afternoon, but sadly I don't think they'd let me have a CTR even if I stood there hammering on the gate.

My car should be one of the first to be delivered as I pre-ordered a long time ago and was the first pre-order in that group of dealerships, and they say they expect it to be here right at the start of September (so just a couple of weeks now), but I still don't have either a VIN or a delivery date so Honda aren't exactly giving us lots of information well in advance!

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
1. What was your production date?
I'm not sure. The dealer was trading the car with another dealership and they could see it in their system in early June. On 7/17 the salesperson called me to give me the VIN. Is this the same as production date?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody knows how long it takes for when it shows in transit on Honda's website until it reaches the dealer?

OP
OP
lbiaggi

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
OP
OP
lbiaggi

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Anybody knows how long it takes for when it shows in transit on Honda's website until it reaches the dealer?
some guys have car arriving before even in transit is updated rule of thump if your transit shows the vin your car will be in 7-14 days at the dealer
fwi the dealer will be notified 24 hours before car is coming