17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Guys,
It's just slightly early on this but if you want to other-market your US CTR, you're going to need some part numbers. Hopefully this thread will lead to some parts exchange between US and UK at a minimum!

Bumper Side Marker Lights- US lenses are amber. EDM lenses are clear. JDM are ? Canada are Amber. Likely direct swap, no mod required.
US- 33800-TBA-A02-Passenger Side, 33850-TBA-A02-Driver Side
EDM- 34350-tet-h01 (unknown side, but probably 'Driver')
JDM-
Canada - probably the same

Tail lights - US housing has no REAR Foglights. EDM has rear fog lights. JDM probably has rear fog lights. Canada probably does not have Rear foglights. Should be an easy swap in except for getting the rear fog light to work...
US- 33500-TGG-A01 Passenger Side, 33550-TGG-A01-Driver Side
EDM-
JDM-
Canada? Same as US?

Headlight/Foglight stalk - US will have headlight and foglight. EDM/JDM probably has control for rear fog. Canada probably follows US. This switch mounts to the Left of the steering wheel. Modification to the connector is likely if doing a rear fog light swap/installation.
US - 35255-T2A-X42
EDM-
JDM
Canada?

Side Mirrors - US side mirrors are power adjust but not likely Defrosted or Power Folding. EDM has Power, Power Fold, and probably Defrost. JDM is probably the same as EDM. Canada probably has Defrost but not Power Fold. It appears the colored portion is just a snap-on piece meaning you buy the mirror assembly and you buy the color-matching portion separately.
US- *These mirrors have LaneWatch* - 76208-TGG-307-Pass Side 76258-TGG-307-Driver Side.
EDM-
JDM-
Canada-

side Mirror adjuster switch- US will not have power fold. EDM/JDM should. Canada unknown. In the past, the harness that plugs into this switch was the same, 8 or 10 pin connector, it just had blank pins in the US that were occupied in the EDM/JDM by the Defrost or Power Fold signal wires.
US-35190-T6A-J01
EDM-
JDM-
Canada?

More to come - CTR Seats w/ Seat Heaters, bumpers w/wo sensing, LDW parts, LKA parts, ACC parts, and parking sensors. Feel free to contribute guys! I'll try to edit this post with updated part #'s so they aren't all strung out through the thread.
Sponsored

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
great post ! - perhaps we can also add "where to get" with the best prices
(best prices/shipping for US people buying CDM/EDM/JDM, and Canadian people buying USDM/EDM/JDM, etc.)

once we get more info - we might want to make this into a table/form/spreadsheet (embedded google docs?) or something with fancy BBCode.
just to make it fast and easy to read;
I am sure I could assist when the time comes if needed.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
lets add interior lights... not sure how hard they are to change, but i like changing mine to white LEDs.. looks much nicer for pics and in general ; >

glad i dont have to worry about an HID conversion kit... i hope

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lets add interior lights... not sure how hard they are to change, but i like changing mine to white LEDs.. looks much nicer for pics and in general ; >

Are the interior lights different in different markets?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

Don't you dare put anything HID in the CTR! This car shorted out in the dash due to a bad install / faulty HID kit.
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Parts Interchangeability - USDM, CANADA, JDM, and EDM IMG_1339.JPG

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't you dare put anything HID in the CTR! This car shorted out in the dash due to a bad install / faulty HID kit.
IMG_1339.JPG
Holy crap! That sucks!
I'd hope all the CTR's have LED lighting and if they don't, LED headlight swap or retrofitting... they're showing up as $450 per light so not exactly cheap but you can't beat OEM reliability. Not sure if any other changes are needed...

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Holy crap! That sucks!
I'd hope all the CTR's have LED lighting and if they don't, LED headlight swap or retrofitting... they're showing up as $450 per light so not exactly cheap but you can't beat OEM reliability. Not sure if any other changes are needed...
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Parts Interchangeability - USDM, CANADA, JDM, and EDM upload_2017-5-11_14-16-51

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'm really hopping that the UK gets the Blind Spot Indicators on the side mirrors. I'd probably buy all the necessary OEM components (mirrors, senors in the body, wiring harnesses, etc..) to make it install like OEM regardless of the cost. I LOVE that feature on the new CR-V's. Other than that maybe the clear side markers from the UK, because I'll be getting champ white and I think it looks pretty good.

I'm also really hoping that the red carbon accessories come to fruition, and that they come to the US market. If not, I'll be importing some of those things as well depending on price. :thumbsup:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
dang.... but if it's not LED headlights.. the yellow is so ugly!
You shouldn't be doing any HID conversion or retrofitting anyway. You can find all the reasons with a quick Google search.

The only proper way to do it is if you buy the OEM LED headlight assembly.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You shouldn't be doing any HID conversion or retrofitting anyway. You can find all the reasons with a quick Google search.

The only proper way to do it is if you buy the OEM LED headlight assembly.
I use TheRetroFitSource.com for that. Technically not legal, but I've eliminated glare with cutoffs and I've got more light than the S2000/TSX/MDX's on the road. Low beams are bright but High-beams are unbelievable.
Let's save the debate for another thread. Long story short - you shouldn't use DROP-IN HID conversions but full retrofits, although not legal, are atleast not a d!ck move.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Nice post OP!

Sidemarkers:
Thailand/ASEAN market Part numbers
34350-TET-H01 L
34300-TET-H01 R

Side Mirrors:
The US EX hatch models have defrost on the side mirrors so I imagine CTR probably have the same.
I replaced a broken driver mirror. Since I had a broken part laying in the garage, I just checked the broken part wire harness, it's a 14-pin harness with only 5 wires in it. This is the driver side so its more minimal than the passenger side because of lanewatch. Maybe someone can check the door harness. :)

Rear Fogs:
I really want this so if someone figures it out, I'll all for it. :)

It seems the combination switch is on the opposite side for the EDM so you will need to find a LHD combo switch and LHD Rear taillights.