CTR MSRP at $36,120 - RUMOR (Click Bait)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Good morning-

According to this article my Google Alert turned up, the MSRP has 'apparently' been confirmed at $36,120. It is the first I've seen an exact number, and I've never heard of the source...also it's a bit peculiar that the 'article' is comparing the exact 2 cars I'm cross-shopping. It's as if it was written as an open letter to me.

Anyway, here is the text of it.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR MSRP at $36,120 - RUMOR (Click Bait) upload_2017-3-20_8-33-15

And the link-
http://nseavoice.com/cars/forget-te...ype-r-deserves-your-money-more-920022358.html

In the poll, I chose $33,000 and I still hope that is the price, but 36 isn't a deal changer-just don't tell the dealer that!
Sponsored

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I had a feeling it would be priced higher than 35. I don't think you say mid 30's and be under 35. Not sure how accurate this is, but the number is pretty exact so it leads me to believe it might be true

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Thankfully NSEA is a click-bait site. I stopped with the Google alerts because it seems as though the only thing the news alert returned was click bait sites with summarized info from the forums rather than real news or any insight.

$36k isn't a deal breaker but it doesn't make me want to run out and buy one, either. If the site has any truth to it, $36k will be the starting point and will likely not be close to final price. This is now a $40k car.

I was hoping for the $32-$33k mark with a $36k final price.

Only a couple more weeks until we really know...

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thankfully NSEA is a click-bait site. I stopped with the Google alerts because it seems as though the only thing the news alert returned was click bait sites with summarized info from the forums rather than real news or any insight.

$36k isn't a deal breaker but it doesn't make me want to run out and buy one, either. If the site has any truth to it, $36k will be the starting point and will likely not be close to final price. This is now a $40k car.

I assumed it was click bait - I normally don't even look at what my alert returns unless I recognize the source... in this case I had to check it out to see what possible comparison they were making between the 3 and the Type R. Totally different cars, so not really a 'buy this not that' argument appropriate.

I agree with you that it is likely bait, but since it named a specific number I thought I better share! I am with you in hoping for 32-33. $33 is my target price!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yep, definitely a click baity type. I mean anyone can pull #s of out of their ass and write an article.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Definitely agree with most here that (around) 33k really sounds like the sweet spot in pricing for this car so that it ends up mid-high 30s with TTT. Holding out hope that this is the case, next few weeks are going to feel like an eternity of no information and speculation!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I assumed it was click bait - I normally don't even look at what my alert returns unless I recognize the source... in this case I had to check it out to see what possible comparison they were making between the 3 and the Type R. Totally different cars, so not really a 'buy this not that' argument appropriate.

I agree with you that it is likely bait, but since it named a specific number I thought I better share! I am with you in hoping for 32-33. $33 is my target price!
I tend to think about these click bait sites from their perspective. They are in place to generate ad revenue and they know how to do it very, very well.

On the flip side, maybe it is me who doesn't want to believe the number. lol

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too was hoping for $33k, but TECHNICALLY "mid" range would be $33k-$36k. Low in the range would be $30-$32k and "upper" would be $37k-$39k. I don't want to beleive it either because JYR is right that this sticker price would put out-the-door cost closer to $40k. However, the way they quote an exact number doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
guys i find that really hard to believe...think about it.. (i know Canadian pricing isn't direct conversion) however, that would covert to north of 48k for canadians and we are only paying low 40's. if that was the case, i think all American's would be absolutely outraged at honda when we would be getting it at a 6000 dollar discount.(give or take) i just find that hard to believe. I believe it will be closer to the 33.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
guys i find that really hard to believe...think about it.. (i know Canadian pricing isn't direct conversion) however, that would covert to north of 48k for canadians and we are only paying low 40's. if that was the case, i think all American's would be absolutely outraged at honda when we would be getting it at a 6000 dollar discount.(give or take) i just find that hard to believe. I believe it will be closer to the 33.
So? My 2016 Touring MSRP was $27,155 and the US MSRP was $26,500 so do the direct conversion there and tell me how much I 'saved'. The pricing 'discrepancy' isn't limited to the Type R and therefore your argument is invalid. In fact, it's similar across the entire Honda/Acura lineup. Canadians get marginally better equipment for $500-$1500 more in absolute difference compared to the US MSRP and that's it. Been like that for 10 years.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tend to think about these click bait sites from their perspective. They are in place to generate ad revenue and they know how to do it very, very well.
Roger that. I did the SnippingTool to try to save everyone here from giving them a visited count, but I don't know how much it helped. :/

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
So? My 2016 Touring MSRP was $27,155 and the US MSRP was $26,500 so do the direct conversion there and tell me how much I 'saved'. The pricing 'discrepancy' isn't limited to the Type R and therefore your argument is invalid. In fact, it's similar across the entire Honda/Acura lineup. Canadians get marginally better equipment for $500-$1500 more in absolute difference compared to the US MSRP and that's it. Been like that for 10 years.
i get what your saying...however i would not go as far to say that my argument is invalid. first of all its not an argument, it was just my opinion on the matter, is that not what a forum is for. now i know that we are going to get a better price (currency value wise) here in canada obviously by what honda have already released. I just can't see honda pricing them that much in the difference.
if i was an american waiting and waiting for the type R, and then come to find out that canada is getting a way better deal on the car, i wouldn't be that pleased. Your right the pricing 'discrepancy' isn't limited to the type R, however there are many vehicles in the same class the cost more in canada EX; (RS US.$37k - CAD.$50k)
Sponsored