s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I guess you can't sit three people in the back?

Also, I didn't realize that the underbody isn't covered up with flat panels for smoother airflow à la NSX Type R.

Hypnotoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke, Acura TL
Country flag
I guess you can't sit three people in the back?
Oof. That could be a bit of a deal breaker for me. I don't know why they would do this, the base hatch is a five seater.

I'm still confused by the lack of a manual parking break. How sure are we that this represents what will go into production.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oof. That could be a bit of a deal breaker for me. I don't know why they would do this, the base hatch is a five seater.

I'm still confused by the lack of a manual parking break. How sure are we that this represents what will go into production.
They could have integrated the cupholders into a fold-down cushion in the middle seatback. Or just not have cupholders at all in the rear.

Last edited:

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
They could have integrated the cupholders into a fold-down cushion in the middle seatback. Or just not have cupholders at all in the rear.
Agreed. I personally like the interior but the permanent cup holder set in the middle back seat/5th seat threw me a bit...

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
I don't think it's about the cup holders, I think it's about the liability and safety of securing a passenger on that center hump in a car that goes 170mph, honestly. The current UK CTR also removed center passenger provisions - headrest, seat belt - and removed the folding armrest (though they didn't add back the cup holders). If it's any consolation, it saves a little weight and improves visibility too.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I don't think it's about the cup holders, I think it's about the liability and safety of securing a passenger on that center hump in a car that goes 170mph, honestly. The current UK CTR also removed center passenger provisions - headrest, seat belt - and removed the folding armrest (though they didn't add back the cup holders). If it's any consolation, it saves a little weight and improves visibility too.
Your chances of surviving a 170mph crash in a civic or most of the cars out there are very low. I think is the fact that a race car isn't a family car.

squan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque
Looks like the moderator deleted my post about CTR interior most likely without a volume knob. I personally think this is a relevant topic. Its been discussed in other forums but not on CTR forums. I've owned cars with and without volume knobs, and prefer a quick volume knob for driver and passenger to use. I hope the released CTR will have a volume knob.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Looks like the moderator deleted my post about CTR interior most likely without a volume knob. I personally think this is a relevant topic. Its been discussed in other forums but not on CTR forums. I've owned cars with and without volume knobs, and prefer a quick volume knob for driver and passenger to use. I hope the released CTR will have a volume knob.
Your buying the wrong car brah,

If it's that big of a deal for you just go aftermarket.