• What does CTR mean?

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
I'm gonna end up paying whatever it is they tell me, 2nd in line with money down and hoping we either get 2 white ones at the dealership or the first guy is crazy and doesn't want CW. Stupid way of doing things, yes, but I'm not interested in any other car. Id be happy if charging above MSRP is illegal in Canada, but I'm not sure if that's verified.
Sponsored

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
He tells me it's refundable, but it doesn't actually say it anywhere...also doesn't really state "MSRP" either.
I had it written that it is refundable but i think it will work I mean it is a dealership we talking 500 not 5k hope it works

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I don't mean to say this so blunt, but damn. And weren't you one of the people a few months ago that were galavanting that you have a refundable deposit on a car for MSRP?
Damn is right. It wasn't me that had a deposit... I'm on the 'call when it gets here' list because the dealers wouldn't take my money!! I'm on a texting level with the one. He tells me he learns more about new releases from me than from his managers/information network.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
yah i saw that it's illegal for any car maker to charge over MSRP..

put down a deposit at two locations here in the Greater Toronto ARea.. #1 at one location and #2 at another... they both provided me a full agreement form with a pricing of $43K as a place holder. i got signatures from the sales, business manager and the GM stating my # in line, the colour options i want and condition of pricing and fully refundable deposit
I'm gonna end up paying whatever it is they tell me, 2nd in line with money down and hoping we either get 2 white ones at the dealership or the first guy is crazy and doesn't want CW. Stupid way of doing things, yes, but I'm not interested in any other car. Id be happy if charging above MSRP is illegal in Canada, but I'm not sure if that's verified.
Consumer protection law varies by province.

In Ontario, the practice is dealers do not charge more than MSRP + PDI, freight, assorted fees, and taxes. However, the real law is the price that a dealer puts in an advertisement has to be all-inclusive except taxes. https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consumers/ConsumerProtection/AllInPricing.aspx Manufacturers that advertise the price of their vehicles are not bound by the same rule; but in practice it works out that most advertisements are co-ads (dealers and manufacturer together) so it works out that dealers can not charge more than what the manufacturer says the price is - but it doesn't have to be that way.

On the other hand, in Ontario, you really want to have your deposit on the standard Ontario purchase contract (the one that you typically get a yellow copy of, with mucho fine print on the back), and any and all additional terms must be (and can only be) in the little box in the middle of the page of the contract. That deposit would also be non-refundable unless stated as refundable in that little box - as, once you and the dealer sign that contract, you have bought the car (and they have sold you the car).

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Which color do you want?
Left it open...I didn't think one can choose? I thought what ever is allotted to the dealer is what I'll get.
If I can pick, it will probably the Black.

I think I'm going to call the sales guys and let him know tomorrow.

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Left it open...I didn't think one can choose? I thought what ever is allotted to the dealer is what I'll get.
If I can pick, it will probably the Black.

I think I'm going to call the sales guys and let him know tomorrow.
I wasn't allowed to chooses just wondering because I'm going for white.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I wasn't allowed to chooses just wondering because I'm going for white.
White's probably the best looking one, which I don't mind ending up with.
I'll take what ever I end up with I guess.

Oh, with the price thing.
I'm hoping because our agreement wasn't specific, it would honorable thing for the dealer to price at MSRP.

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
White's probably the best looking one, which I don't mind ending up with.
I'll take what ever I end up with I guess.

Oh, with the price thing.
I'm hoping because our agreement wasn't specific, it would honorable thing for the dealer to price at MSRP.
Mine specifically said MSRP. Maybe they're different dealers. I would verify that now. Just in case you need to look elsewhere