Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
good luck with that,
wont be until 2019
by then the new STI will be out and blow the doors off the type r
There is nothing saying this from Honda. In fact, they have confirmed that they are ramping up production (if you look in my other thread, there is an article citing the director of Honda UK). And at the moment, there is no information on the new STi, other than the fact that it will use the new motor. But it won't be coming until 2020.

Stop spreading wild speculation as if it's fact. That's the kind of crap that is fueling this ADM hysteria.

The most likely scenario is that a year from now they will be sitting on dealer lots like the RS is right now. Every low production, high demand car goes through that cycle when it first comes out.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news...-day-to-meet-high-demand/#wyCKtlOp5LpT8GSq.99

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ru-probably-wont-redesign-the-wrx-until-2020/
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
You can probably have a new RS for 50% of what those idiots paid two years ago...

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
There is nothing saying this from Honda. In fact, they have confirmed that they are ramping up production (if you look in my other thread, there is an article citing the director of Honda UK). And at the moment, there is no information on the new STi, other than the fact that it will use the new motor. But it won't be coming until 2020.

Stop spreading wild speculation as if it's fact. That's the kind of crap that is fueling this ADM hysteria.

The most likely scenario is that a year from now they will be sitting on dealer lots like the RS is right now. Every low production, high demand car goes through that cycle when it first comes out.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news...-day-to-meet-high-demand/#wyCKtlOp5LpT8GSq.99

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ru-probably-wont-redesign-the-wrx-until-2020/

I highly doubt they are ramping up production at all in 2018 for North America. In fact if you are not on a list now and your number is above 4 or 6 especially at a small dealer you can forget about getting into one unless someone passes it along because of color or bad finances. It has already been confirmed 3000 for 2018 thats it , just like 2017 3k made. The only way the CTR will be sitting on lots is if Ford marks down the RS 5k off MSRP which wont happen. Or another car arrives i.e. 2019-2020 WRX or STI has a huge improvement or some other car with CTR like performance for under 34k. I highly dount any of these two things will happen until 2020 and only finally will honda probably ramp up production with variants of the CTR. Maybe a Type R accord or even AWD type R will be released at this time to make the CTR less wanted .
However Dont see this happening for a long time. Expect dealer markups until summer/Fall 2018 /ebay resale , scalpers/silent auctions at dealers, dealership employees buying the car etc etc. Unless Honda Corporation comes out with a Nasty letter to GMs selling the car with crazy markups, accessories 2-3k etc etc . Btw i saw a civic si for 32k at a local dealer because of some bra, tint, mudguards.

good luck because supply and demand will be an issue with this car for awhile, especially since Canada/Europe/Asia finally getting the car

thavens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hond Accord Sedan
Country flag
I highly doubt they are ramping up production at all in 2018 for North America. In fact if you are not on a list now and your number is above 4 or 6 especially at a small dealer you can forget about getting into one unless someone passes it along because of color or bad finances. It has already been confirmed 3000 for 2018 thats it , just like 2017 3k made. The only way the CTR will be sitting on lots is if Ford marks down the RS 5k off MSRP which wont happen. Or another car arrives i.e. 2019-2020 WRX or STI has a huge improvement or some other car with CTR like performance for under 34k. I highly dount any of these two things will happen until 2020 and probably when they will ramp up production with variants of the CTR. Maybe a Type R accord or even AWD type R . Dont see this happening for a long time. Expect dealer markups until summer/Fall 2018 /ebay resale , scalpers/silent auctions at dealers, dealership employees buying the car etc etc. Unless Honda Corporation comes out with a Nasty letter good luck because supply and demand will be an issue with this car for awhile, especially since Canada/Europe/Asia finally getting the car

Did you not read the article that clearly states 6000 cars for the US market by March 31st?

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you not read the article that clearly states 6000 cars for the US market by March 31st?
still wont meet market demand for 2018 when CTR lists are 10-20 deep at the dealers selling them at MSRP . The small time dealers or crooked larger dealers like the GM selling a Civic SI for 32k with a few accessories will always charge 40k+ until market dies down and that wont happen until you can get a car easily for MSRP and actually order one with a paint color of choice from a dealer.

This wont happen in 2018 or until honda releases variants sometime 4th QTR 2018 is my projection. We also all know the 2018 accord was a flop. If they dont put LSD or use the CTR tranny in the accord then good luck with it because we all know hondata on the SI making 250ft lb torque slips on the dyno. That tranny was made in India and uses a crap flywheel and clutch. All i can say is i hope the accord 2018 will be underrated on the dyno , and hope they use a better tranny then the SI. I highly doubt it!

Anyway
about 90% of the honda dealers in the USA are selling 3-15k over ADM
or trying to screw customers with 2-3 k accessories. Even if the good dealers wanted to get more CTR from another dealer they would want three Ridge lines for a CTR.

Honda finally showed their true colors . I would be ashamed to be working for any honda dealer marking up a Civic SI or CTR past MSRP right now. These are the guys that conduct bait and switch tactics and fraudulent advertisement to get consumers on the lot and sucker some unwilling kid in their 20s to convince them to pay over 5-10k ADM

Last edited:

thavens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hond Accord Sedan
Country flag
We shall see but with them making 75 a day should help and the article states they are focused on the US market.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess the managing director of Honda UK, where the cars are assembled, doesn't have the kind of intel that people on the internet have.

We concede to your vast knowledge internet guy!

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I guess the managing director of Honda UK, where the cars are assembled, doesn't have the kind of intel that people on the internet have.

I don't get this. The managing director was the one stating the 6k number by March 31st.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

seeing how the news article is some unknown BS blog site. I would pass it off as fake news and a unreliable source . I could also post some fake news and provide a link and post it on here as well.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
still wont meet market demand for 2018 when CTR lists are 10-20 deep at the dealers selling them at MSRP . The small time dealers or crooked larger dealers like the GM selling a Civic SI for 32k with a few accessories will always charge 40k+ until market dies down , when you can get a car easily for MSRP and actually order one with a paint color of choice from a dealer.

This wont happen in 2018 or until honda releases variants sometime 4th QTR 2018 is my projection. We also all know the 2018 accord was a flop. If they dont put LSD or use the CTR tranny in the accord then good luck with it because we all know hondata on the SI making 250ft lb torque slips on the dyno. That tranny was made in India and uses a crap flywheel and clutch. All i can say is i hope the accord 2018 will be underrated on the dyno ,
Anyway
about 90% of the honda dealers in the USA are selling 3-15k over ADM
or trying to screw customers with 2-3 k accessories. Even if the good dealers wanted to get more CTR from another dealer they would want three Ridge lines for a CTR.

Honda finally showed their true colors . I would be ashamed to be working for any honda dealer marking up a Civic SI or CTR past MSRP right now. These are the guys that conduct bait and switch tactics and fraudulent advertisement to get consumers on the lot and sucker some unwilling kid in their 20s to convince them to pay over 5-10k ADM
Your argument completely disregards the change in demand after the first year, and that is why it's wrong. It happens with every single limited-production non-exotic car. The one and only situation where it wouldn't happen that way is if they said they were stopping production. Which is exactly the opposite of what they actually said.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
seeing how the news article is some unknown BS blog site. I would pass it off as fake news and a unreliable source . I could also post some fake news and provide a link and post it on here as well.
I had the number confirmed by my friend, who's a senior district sales manager. Guess he's wrong too. Dunno.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is real news

https://www.hondamanufacturing.co.uk/news/

Last post APR 24, 2017

2017 Honda Civic Type R sets new front-wheel drive lap record at NĂĽrburgring
Date: 24.04.2017
Category: Honda news
Tags:
So you literally just avoided my statement that I have a friend who's quite high up in the chain, and also another members friend whom works at corporate confirm the 6k numbers. Also, with allocations thus far, theres already around another 1.5k coming in the next wave (Confirmed by some dealers already getting 2-3 on their next shipment alone, according to honda iN. In fact, theres a handful of dealers getting 5+ for MY17. One psoted on here 10k ADM for one of their next THREE in 2nd wave).

But that's ok, you can deny the numbers too. Fake news right?
Sponsored