CTR Anticipation thread

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I thought it was tomorrow
I definitely remember the 28th thrown around a couple times. It raised concern to a lot of folks here since a lot of dealers are closed Sundays. Haha either way I'm hoping some of us take delivery over the next coming days.
Sponsored

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
I definitely remember the 28th thrown around a couple times. It raised concern to a lot of folks here since a lot of dealers are closed Sundays. Haha either way I'm hoping some of us take delivery over the next coming days.
Yeah but who knows honda might say not to sell it until a certain date, the si is out and honda is telling reviewers not to talk about the driving experience on the car until june 6. Which is crazy

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah but who knows honda might say not to sell it until a certain date, the si is out and honda is telling reviewers not to talk about the driving experience on the car until june 6. Which is crazy
Two people on the Facebook page said their dealers called recently and told them Honda directed their CTRs be held until the "release date".

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
My dealer said expect information on the 28th. However it is Sunday and Memorial Day. Expect tomorrow

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Good! maybe now Honda can go ahead and ship all the CTR to the dealer to be held there, instead of sitting in the shipyard sun! :thumbsup:
Great, right in the hands of the dealers who will no doubt sit in them, take the plastic off the seats, drive them, and otherwise make you not very happy when you go to pickup the car with 10+ miles on it. I'd rather them sit at the port.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
I saw in another thread that some of the dates have now been moved back to first week of June. Might be more of this until this to come is all finally sorted out.. :confused:

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I don't understand, the cars have been in the states since a few weeks ago. Why hold them and let them just sit out in the salt air and sun at some port.

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I don't understand, the cars have been in the states since a few weeks ago. Why hold them and let them just sit out in the salt air and sun at some port.
Are they still there at the Port in Baltimore?