Cracked Driverside Mirror

CiviOne0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Infiniti G37 2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else happen to have an issue with Driver side mirror Cracking on them for no apparent reason? I Was sitting at the bank drive thru, when my driver side mirror all of a sudden popped and cracked just about parallel to the defrost line. I did not hit anything at all while in drive thru. Temperature was in the upper 40's and the side mirror defrost was on.
I drove to the dealership and told them what had happen as odd as it sounds they did order a new replacement mirror.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else happen to have an issue with Driver side mirror Cracking on them for no apparent reason? I Was sitting at the bank drive thru, when my driver side mirror all of a sudden popped and cracked just about parallel to the defrost line. I did not hit anything at all while in drive thru. Temperature was in the upper 40's and the side mirror defrost was on.
I drove to the dealership and told them what had happen as odd as it sounds they did order a new replacement mirror.
I saw one other person post about this happening to them. They posted a photo of it.

Wang_Chung228

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

Yeah, photos for sure!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really similar to the other guy who had this happen to his

OP
OP
CiviOne0

CiviOne0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really similar to the other guy who had this happen to his
I wonder if this is going to turn out to be a defect in glass that was chosen to make these mirrors? I guess only time will tell.
I am hoping the replacement mirror will hold up when they install it.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if this is going to turn out to be a defect in glass that was chosen to make these mirrors? I guess only time will tell.
I am hoping the replacement mirror will hold up when they install it.
Definitely makes me wonder since there have been 2 in under 2 weeks. Wonder how many who are not part of our forum?

OP
OP
CiviOne0

CiviOne0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely makes me wonder since there have been 2 in under 2 weeks. Wonder how many who are not part of our forum?
My wife and I bought our EX on November 21st and this is the only issue with our car this far that we have actually come across.
Was the other guy who has had the similar issue with his mirror from our forums?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I bought our EX on November 21st and this is the only issue with our car this far that we have actually come across.
Was the other guy who has had the similar issue with his mirror from our forums?
Yes the other guy was either on this forum or the other civic X forum I'm a member of. I think he was from Wisconsin

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Yeah I got the same message that there was an error or something.
Oh. These guys are replacing 1-0-t-h-c-i-v-i-c-f-o-r-u-m.com with civicx.com. They do the same thing with civicx.com. A really suck practice.

Try that link but replace "civicx" with the other name, no hyphens.
Sponsored