Clutch problem?

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Hey guys,

Ive got the hatch in manual, does anyone else find the clutch to be suuuper light? Thinking of running the flashpro but my buddy who's a lot more knowledgeable than I in these circles said that the increased torque could pose a problem with such a weak clutch. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Hey guys,

Ive got the hatch in manual, does anyone else find the clutch to be suuuper light? Thinking of running the flashpro but my buddy who's a lot more knowledgeable than I in these circles said that the increased torque could pose a problem with such a weak clutch. Any thoughts?

I have sport hatch mt and i have intake and flaspro approx. 200whp and wtq and i feel my clutch was light me too but it handle very well those number....for now. futur will tell but i dont feel any sleep at all. I have only one day running this set up.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
We already know how much the clutch will hold.

The clutch will hold ~250wtq or so reliably for a while. Lets go in the 260-280wtq area.

OP
OP

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
and I guess currently of course there arent any preventative measures or aftermarket clutches available to ensure a long life while running the new tune?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
and I guess currently of course there arent any preventative measures or aftermarket clutches available to ensure a long life while running the new tune?
I just tune customer cars under the torque limit for the clutch and it will hold up just fine. Aftermarket is in the works.

OP
OP

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
So then do you feel comfortable saying that with the base tune theres no reason for the clutch not to hold up to a regular life span

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
So then do you feel comfortable saying that with the base tune theres no reason for the clutch not to hold up to a regular life span
Correct, you'll be perfectly fine, those maps are nowhere near the limits of what you can do.
Sponsored