Closed course drive & ride launch event for Ontario members

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Updated with even more info on this launch event, posted by mjones5

Honda Civic 10th gen Closed course drive & ride launch event for Ontario members {filename}

All-new 2016 Honda Civic Sedan to debut in closed-course launch
Friday, November 6, 2015 11:28:43 EST AM

'People will do and experience things they will never do on the road'

Peterborough drivers will have an exciting opportunity to put the dynamic, all-new 2016 Honda Civic Sedan through its paces later this month when Trent Valley Honda hosts a debut event featuring a performance course constructed at the dealership on Lansdowne Street East.

The closed-circuit course will offer customers the opportunity to experience the 2016 Civic's performance potential in a series of challenging segments designed around open-road driving scenarios to showcase Honda's first turbocharged engine offered in North America. The turbo is one of two all-new Honda engines that deliver a responsive and sporty performance with a higher level of ride refinement and class-leading fuel efficiency.

The 2016 Civic Ride and Drive Launch will be held Friday Nov. 13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Car enthusiasts, Civic owners, car buyers and shoppers are all invited to register for the launch at tvhonda.com. Space will be limited.

"This is the first time an event like this has been held in Peterborough," said Monika Carmichael, owner and general manager of Trent Valley Honda. "These types of events are normally hosted by the automobile manufacturers for their employees and sales agents."

The launch will be the first demonstration of the 2016 Civic on a closed course in Canada, Carmichael said.

"We are basically clearing our entire inventory to give us a huge, open parking lot," she said.

The course will be set up in the days before the event by U.S. firm ES3 Inc. "They are worldwide," Carmichael said. "To have a professional company come up and set up the course is really what makes it stand apart."

The closed course is more than just some pylons, Carmichael said.

"There will be some surprises I'm sure. People will do and experience things they will never do on the road, which is why we are so excited about it. It`s is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

The emphasis will be on the performance of the 2016 Civic, Carmichael said.

"It`s really the huge differentiating factor and the focus of the redesign of the Civic," she said.

"They actually road tested this car in Europe against premium brands. It's really something for a compact car for $20,000 to be tested against those cars for performance and handling. Honda has always been known for its performance, but this specifically is going back to those roots, which is really the emphasis on this new car."

As part of the launch, a technology lab will showcase technological advances in the 2016 Civic, including new Driver Information Interface and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto connectivity.

The launch will also demonstrate the 2016 Civic's "new, state of the art safety technologies in real-world conditions in a safe environment," Carmichael said.

The event will be the kickoff for the CHUM Christmas Wish campaign, sponsored by Honda. All registrants bringing an unwrapped toy or food for the food drive will have a chance to win a brand new 2016 Civic EX Sedan.

As well, there will be incentives for the first 10 people who decide to purchase this new exciting model.

"We are celebrating our 40th year in Peterborough and also our number one import position in the Peterborough market year to date," Carmichael said. The all-new tenth generation Honda Civic is the most ambitious remake of the model in its 43-year history," Jerry Chenkin, president and CEO, Honda Canada Inc., said in a recent statement.

"Civic has been Canada's bestselling passenger car for the past 17 consecutive years," and is leading again this year, he said.

"Civic is a vehicle that Canadians have grown to trust," he said. "This tenth generation model will continue to set a new benchmark in the compact class with fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency and safety performance, together with a new level of refinement.

"Canadians can also take pride in knowing that every Civic coupe, sedan and Si model sold in Canada is made right here in Ontario, for Canadians, by Canadians."

What a good idea. More dealers need to do something like this - a ride & drive event to launch the new Civic.

To my Canadian brothers in Ontario -- Trent Valley Honda in Peterborough is having a Ride & Drive Launch Event with closed circuit driving course, technology lab, and street drive clinic/demo. Sounds like it could be a fun way to really test and try the 2016 Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Closed course drive & ride launch event for Ontario members 12208263_10153031540486707_5610655566895443782_n
Sponsored

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Definitely good idea. Are they also launching something like this for the states? I'd be interested.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Definitely good idea. Are they also launching something like this for the states? I'd be interested.
I don't think this is something put on by Honda corporate? Looks like it's something this particular dealer organizes. I'm jealous of whoever here gets to attend this though. Sounds like whole program to let you flog the car a little and then learn about the on board tech and driver assistance tech.

Any Canadian members going?

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
I might be able to shoot down there and check it out

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Soooo does this mean in Canada the Civics will be on sale sometime around November 13/14. That's all I got out of this :p

Cool idea though. I live in Toronto Ontario so Peterborough is kind of a hassle considering I have no car.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Soooo does this mean in Canada the Civics will be on sale sometime around November 13/14. That's all I got out of this :p

Cool idea though. I live in Toronto Ontario so Peterborough is kind of a hassle considering I have no car.
Just means the event is on that date? Sales could be even earlier

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
I don't think this is something put on by Honda corporate? Looks like it's something this particular dealer organizes. I'm jealous of whoever here gets to attend this though. Sounds like whole program to let you flog the car a little and then learn about the on board tech and driver assistance tech.

Any Canadian members going?
Oops I don't know how I missed this is from a dealer. Cool idea anyway and I hope some dealers around me do the same... or at least hope some Canadian members can attend and get us more eye candy!

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Just means the event is on that date? Sales could be even earlier
I just mean at the latest but earlier would be great. I find it a liitle weird that Honda.ca doesn't seem to acknowdge the cars existence outside of that original announcement a long while ago.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
just saw this

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....-civic-sedan-to-debut-in-closed-course-launch

Honda Civic 10th gen Closed course drive & ride launch event for Ontario members 2016-civic

All-new 2016 Honda Civic Sedan to debut in closed-course launch
Friday, November 6, 2015 11:28:43 EST AM

'People will do and experience things they will never do on the road'

Peterborough drivers will have an exciting opportunity to put the dynamic, all-new 2016 Honda Civic Sedan through its paces later this month when Trent Valley Honda hosts a debut event featuring a performance course constructed at the dealership on Lansdowne Street East.

The closed-circuit course will offer customers the opportunity to experience the 2016 Civic's performance potential in a series of challenging segments designed around open-road driving scenarios to showcase Honda's first turbocharged engine offered in North America. The turbo is one of two all-new Honda engines that deliver a responsive and sporty performance with a higher level of ride refinement and class-leading fuel efficiency.

The 2016 Civic Ride and Drive Launch will be held Friday Nov. 13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Car enthusiasts, Civic owners, car buyers and shoppers are all invited to register for the launch at tvhonda.com. Space will be limited.

"This is the first time an event like this has been held in Peterborough," said Monika Carmichael, owner and general manager of Trent Valley Honda. "These types of events are normally hosted by the automobile manufacturers for their employees and sales agents."

The launch will be the first demonstration of the 2016 Civic on a closed course in Canada, Carmichael said.

"We are basically clearing our entire inventory to give us a huge, open parking lot," she said.

The course will be set up in the days before the event by U.S. firm ES3 Inc. "They are worldwide," Carmichael said. "To have a professional company come up and set up the course is really what makes it stand apart."

The closed course is more than just some pylons, Carmichael said.

"There will be some surprises I'm sure. People will do and experience things they will never do on the road, which is why we are so excited about it. It`s is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

The emphasis will be on the performance of the 2016 Civic, Carmichael said.

"It`s really the huge differentiating factor and the focus of the redesign of the Civic," she said.

"They actually road tested this car in Europe against premium brands. It's really something for a compact car for $20,000 to be tested against those cars for performance and handling. Honda has always been known for its performance, but this specifically is going back to those roots, which is really the emphasis on this new car."

As part of the launch, a technology lab will showcase technological advances in the 2016 Civic, including new Driver Information Interface and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto connectivity.

The launch will also demonstrate the 2016 Civic's "new, state of the art safety technologies in real-world conditions in a safe environment," Carmichael said.

The event will be the kickoff for the CHUM Christmas Wish campaign, sponsored by Honda. All registrants bringing an unwrapped toy or food for the food drive will have a chance to win a brand new 2016 Civic EX Sedan.

As well, there will be incentives for the first 10 people who decide to purchase this new exciting model.

"We are celebrating our 40th year in Peterborough and also our number one import position in the Peterborough market year to date," Carmichael said. The all-new tenth generation Honda Civic is the most ambitious remake of the model in its 43-year history," Jerry Chenkin, president and CEO, Honda Canada Inc., said in a recent statement.

"Civic has been Canada's bestselling passenger car for the past 17 consecutive years," and is leading again this year, he said.

"Civic is a vehicle that Canadians have grown to trust," he said. "This tenth generation model will continue to set a new benchmark in the compact class with fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency and safety performance, together with a new level of refinement.

"Canadians can also take pride in knowing that every Civic coupe, sedan and Si model sold in Canada is made right here in Ontario, for Canadians, by Canadians."

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Oh I hope someone attends, drives the car and writes up a review

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Is anyone feeling like they have to be so patient now. All this secrecy? I definitely waiting for the right model for me which may be a Ext coupe but not knowing about Si sucks!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
If I was in the market for the sedan I could not buy it right now with a clear conscious. Knowing something better could be released that would make me kick myself for not waiting
. And maybe not much more expensive either.
Sponsored