Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here is your first look at the new Honda Civic 5-door Hatchback prototype testing in Europe ahead of its “concept" debut at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show next week!

The hatchback body style has thus far only been teased by Honda a few weeks ago and hinted by the next generation Civic Type-R prototype we showed you testing at Nurburgring late last year.

As you can see, Honda looks to have created a new Civic hatchback with sporty profile, proportions and stance. Aspects of the prototype may also raise questions about whether we are looking at a standard Civic hatchback or perhaps one in a sportier trim, as the prototype is sporting dual center-mounted exhaust. Also visible are unique wheels not seen before on the 2016 Civic sedan or coupe models.

We're looking forward to covering the Civic hatchback concept debut next week in Geneva so stay tuned for more!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-3
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-4
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-5
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-6
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-7
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-8
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-9
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-10
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-11
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X Hatchback (Prototype) First Photos! Honda Civic Hatchback-12

Last edited:

White Touring

NA Touring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully we can put that rear bumper on the sedan....plus that sexy exhaust lol

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Interesting! It looks to be decked out in accessories... like that spoiler at the top of the hatch.

However, that doesn't explain the exhaust. And it's got the full-LED headlights.

Perhaps this is a European-market trim to sit between the standard Civic line and the bonkers CTR, where there is a larger than ever gap. (Filled in the States with the Si model.)

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks decent, but I'm glad I went with the sedan now. :)

The back end looks way too much like a scion Tc for my liking :p

sporting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fd1
I think it is euro type S with 1.5T engine 150kW(201hp), 260Nm and 6MT.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Although it looks cool and i really wanted a hatchback at one point. I'm glad i went with the EX sedan. the rear looks too busy for my taste, my biggest concern would be rear visibility as well as trunk space. It does look cool though i can't wait to see it in a normal color and not the zebra vinyl.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it is euro type S with 1.5T engine 150kW(201hp), 260Nm and 6MT.
I agree, this must be a Euro spec trim. It doesn't make much sense that the hatch would be the only model to have exhaust tips that show, so it has to be one of the sportier trims in kin with the Si models which will most likely have exhaust tips showing.

Further evidence this is an Si/Type S model is the front bumper/lower grill which is different from what we've seen on the coupe/sedan here. Honda already said the cars would all share the same exact front 1/3 between models. So this is most likely a sport variation front bumper that might be giving us a preview of what to expect on the Si model coupe and sedan here.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The prototype has 4 handles. It looks just like the Civic Sedan with a hatch, diff rear / front bumpers. Dammmmm Daniel !!!!

Last edited:

iqflash

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Cultus
Doesn't seem much different from the Sedan, does it? shorter in length maybe and some different styling on the rear? Let's compare when it is shown without camouflage ! The sedan actually also has a bit of hatchback touch !

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I agree, this must be a Euro spec trim. It doesn't make much sense that the hatch would be the only model to have exhaust tips that show, so it has to be one of the sportier trims in kin with the Si models which will most likely have exhaust tips showing.

Further evidence this is an Si/Type S model is the front bumper/lower grill which is different from what we've seen on the coupe/sedan here. Honda already said the cars would all share the same exact front 1/3 between models. So this is most likely a sport variation front bumper that might be giving us a preview of what to expect on the Si model coupe and sedan here.

I see only a sporty grill( exposed part) look? Which under that wrap I am sure is more black then chrome? Is that what you see or am I missing something?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see only a sporty grill( exposed part) look? Which under that wrap I am sure is more black then chrome? Is that what you see or am I missing something?
It has the honeycomb mesh in the lower intake which the coupe and sedan don't have. It also looks like, if you look closely, the foglight housing area has different lines than what we have on the coupe/sedan as well (similar lines to the concept car that had the L shaped LED lights above the side "intakes"). And the lowest part of the front bumper looks to have some type of skirt tacked onto the bottom.
Sponsored