Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
245-30-20's!!!!! WOW.
My guess is this is just for the prototype. I think it is highly likely the car will come with 245/35-19. Although... they do have those tires sitting on very "OE looking" 20 inch wheels. Hmmm....

In the end though, 20" wheels/tires just seems a bit much given the character of the car and the performance numbers they're trying to hit so my bet is the car hits showrooms with 19".
Sponsored

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal 18-

So are the front seats alcantara on the front/side and neoprene or something on the back side? Or are they just all that neoprene looking material? Looks like the back seats are that neoprene looking material. The red and the black on the sides of the front of the front seats looks like alcantara. Anybody get a close-up look?

Actually, the 2016 looks pretty similar. Still not sure what it is though. :)

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sounds like you need to shop for a better dealer. or a better salesman - I walk when i'm told "we are going to rip you off!"
To be honest, when a hot limited car comes out, they all do it for a few months. If you have to be the first to have it, you have to be willing to pay the markup. I dont feel the need to be first so I wont pay that markup.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
To be honest, when a hot limited car comes out, they all do it for a few months. If you have to be the first to have it, you have to be willing to pay the markup. I dont feel the need to be first so I wont pay that markup.
well, quite a few do, because people do pay it. I never have; and I don't see myself doing it.
but saying they all do it, is total hogwash. if you have to be first, and don't mind being taken for a ADM ride, and don't have the time to bother shopping, then by all means; but you do NOT have to pay a ADM to be first, you just have to put some effort and time into finding a dealer that doesn't do that.
there are even professionals who you can pay a modest fee to do that for you.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
My guess is this is just for the prototype. I think it is highly likely the car will come with 245/35-19. Although... they do have those tires sitting on very "OE looking" 20 inch wheels. Hmmm....

In the end though, 20" wheels/tires just seems a bit much given the character of the car and the performance numbers they're trying to hit so my bet is the car hits showrooms with 19".
I disagree... 20 is the rumor

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well, quite a few do, because people do pay it. I never have; and I don't see myself doing it.
but saying they all do it, is total hogwash. if you have to be first, and don't mind being taken for a ADM ride, and don't have the time to bother shopping, then by all means; but you do NOT have to pay a ADM to be first, you just have to put some effort and time into finding a dealer that doesn't do that.
there are even professionals who you can pay a modest fee to do that for you.
pay a fee to avoid paying a fee is an interesting take. I follow the dude on Jalopnik who does that for a living. I know, the fee to pay a pro is probably not as much as the markup but hey to each his own. But this is the first time ever a Type R civic will be sold here and its going to be insanely popular. I live in DFW and there are so many $30k millionaires that will want this so its going to be hard to get one. How many do we even think each dealer is getting allotted, I cant imagine more than a couple in the first few months.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
How do you find out what show the prototype will be in? I'm hoping to see it at the Philly Auto Show in 11 days.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really feel the crowd this car is going to appeal to is going to be Huge. Civic Si, Acura Type-R, WRX, STI, ST, collectors, ect, ect,ect... Even pulling 20-30% Camaro, Mustang and Corvette buyers. Everyone else will be just filled with envy. It's going to be awesome and if you can get a dealer to set up a pre-order at msrp? Deal..

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really feel the crowd this car is going to appeal to is going to be Huge. Civic Si, Acura Type-R, WRX, STI, ST, collectors, ect, ect,ect... Even pulling 20-30% Camaro, Mustang and Corvette buyers. Everyone else will be just filled with envy. It's going to be awesome and if you can get a dealer to set up a pre-order at msrp? Deal..
And thats my point about mark up. If its going to be such a huge hit why would a dealer agree to a deal at sticker pre launch? Do you have any idea of production numbers?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the DFW too. I use to live in Arlington, but now I'm in Cedar Hill. Driving a front wheel drive car around here in ice is much better than a rear wheel drive. I will sell my 8th gen SI and the Type R will become my daily driver. I've reached out to a few dealers around here to put down a deposit, but none of them are accepting it. Have you started on your search?
stay away from Huggins +1 from NFW

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
What the hell do you need center channel for? Are you getting this car to watch movies or drive?

The Type R was at the Montreal Auto Show and there are a lot of good pictures of the interior. One of the first thing I will be upgrading is the sound system, and it looks like the Type R will have 10 or 11 (including the subwoofer) speakers if there aren't any changes to the production model. You can see tweeters in each door as well as speakers at the bottom of each door. Then there are two in the C-pillars much like the Sport Touring except no center channel.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal img_0013-

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/41513/the-honda-civic-type-r-is-in-montreal/

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
What the hell do you need center channel for? Are you getting this car to watch movies or drive?
Lolz. Good point - but for true 5.1 or 7.1 or Dolby Digital sound, I think the center is required. Our old Volvo had it and had great sound. Not very much impact on the bass side, but good SQL at mid volume.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks like the front fogs are HIDs and not halogens?

Still don't understand why all of the turn signals aren't LEDs as they are probably one of the cheapest safety features to implement.

Are the non-EDM CTRs not getting rear fogs? The non-EDM S2000s didn't get rear fogs either, had to get the parts from Honda UK and got them installed here. Useful safety feature in fog and in heavy rain and looks OEM.
Sponsored