Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone planning on buying one? Would you daily drive it if so?
If the wife will let me :p, Ive had 3 cars in 6 years while she is still rolling our 04 TSX, she may decide its her turn. But if not, I want and will Daily it. Only about 5 days a year in DFW where the roads are ice and undriveable and usually I just work from home then. We shall see how available they are, and how much the mark up is, bc I want one but Im not willing to pay a huge mark up to be one of the first. Far more people will say they are getting one than can actually afford one or be able to get one

OP
OP
asiandeity

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the wife will let me :p, Ive had 3 cars in 6 years while she is still rolling our 04 TSX, she may decide its her turn. But if not, I want and will Daily it. Only about 5 days a year in DFW where the roads are ice and undriveable and usually I just work from home then. We shall see how available they are, and how much the mark up is, bc I want one but Im not willing to pay a huge mark up to be one of the first. Far more people will say they are getting one than can actually afford one or be able to get one
I'm in the DFW too. I use to live in Arlington, but now I'm in Cedar Hill. Driving a front wheel drive car around here in ice is much better than a rear wheel drive. I will sell my 8th gen SI and the Type R will become my daily driver. I've reached out to a few dealers around here to put down a deposit, but none of them are accepting it. Have you started on your search?

Last edited:

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
245/20 wheel size is a bit lame, for reasons mentioned that tire choice will be limited, but also more expensive.

I see a lot of owners getting wider 19s. Just hope the suspension isn't going to be hard to adjust around that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the DFW too. I use to live in Arlington, but now I'm in Cedar Hill. Driving a front wheel drive car around here in ice is much better than a rear wheel drive. I will sell my 8th gen SI and the Type R will become my daily driver. I've reached out to a few dealers around here to put down a deposit, but none of them are accepting it. Have you started on your search?
Hey, I'm in South Arlington and I did have an 8th gen for while. I currently have a 10th that I bought at Vandergriff Honda. I asked them about the Type R in October and they basically told me they wouldn't take a deposit until they knew when deliveries were going start. They would let me know when it closer to release date so I could try to make arrangements but thats about the extent of it. Im afraid of how much they may mark these up depending on how limited they are and how many each dealer gets.

OP
OP
asiandeity

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, I'm in South Arlington and I did have an 8th gen for while. I currently have a 10th that I bought at Vandergriff Honda. I asked them about the Type R in October and they basically told me they wouldn't take a deposit until they knew when deliveries were going start. They would let me know when it closer to release date so I could try to make arrangements but thats about the extent of it. Im afraid of how much they may mark these up depending on how limited they are and how many each dealer gets.
I'd received an email from another rep at Vandergriff who took over for the guy I was dealing with since he no longer works there. He said that they would take a non-refundable deposit. I didn't reply back because I don't agree with that. I'm not willing to pay more than MSRP. There are several dealerships around here so I'll wait for the one who will offer it to me at that price. I'd like to get the Type R as soon as it hits dealership, but my SI still runs well with low miles so I'll wait if need be.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd received an email from another rep at Vandergriff who took over for the guy I was dealing with since he no longer works there. He said that they would take a non-refundable deposit. I didn't reply back because I don't agree with that. I'm not willing to pay more than MSRP. There are several dealerships around here so I'll wait for the one who will offer it to me at that price. I'd like to get the Type R as soon as it hits dealership, but my SI still runs well with low miles so I'll wait if need be.
A non refundable is BS, that's basically agreeing to pay whatever they want for the car without even knowing the mark up. good move holding off

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Told by a local area Honda dealer that they expect the Type-R prototype to also show up at the Toronto auto show, 17-26 Feb 2017.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
That's Illegal atleast in the U.S it is not sure if your in canada

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Surprised I'm not the only one, I too live in Texas and none of the surrounding dealers aren't taking a refundable deposit, I have 2 that have no clue when the Type R is available and the other 2 never replied back lol

OP
OP
asiandeity

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Surprised I'm not the only one, I too live in Texas and none of the surrounding dealers aren't taking a refundable deposit, I have 2 that have no clue when the Type R is available and the other 2 never replied back lol
Makes me sad to hear from these forums that dealers in smaller towns are taking deposits and know a lot about the Type R, and we're in a metroplex and dealers either don't want our money or have no clue about the Type R.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda Dealer won't take deposits explained first few months they may be selling TypeR over msrp. Possibly 3-5k over

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
My local Honda Dealer won't take deposits explained first few months they may be selling TypeR over msrp. Possibly 3-5k over
sounds like you need to shop for a better dealer. or a better salesman - I walk when i'm told "we are going to rip you off!"
Sponsored