CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I just wanted to ask, how do we know that they sell these accessories internationally?

I don't think they would though if you think about it. What I have read is that it is for the Japan Market only. Furthermore they will need these to supply the market there. Could you imagine a customer walking into a dealer asking for these accessories only to say "Sorry, its sold out, we sold them to overseas customers"

Pretty sure the dealers would install this for their customers when they come to pick it up if you read at the bottom where it says:

"The price is a reference price at the manufacturer suggested retail price (including consumption tax 8%) not including installation cost.
For installation cost etc, please contact the selling company."

They would most likely have the same amount of accessories as they have cars.

I mean if i'm wrong someone please tell me, because I would love to try and get me some!
Think Kamispeed was looking to see what pricing they can get on the various items on the page. Its not an accessory but I actually ordered black lugs nuts from uk. So I don't see the issue with ordering these parts. Plus the carbon kit and shift knob is coming to US dealers in the fall.
Sponsored

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Think Kamispeed was looking to see what pricing they can get on the various items on the page. Its not an accessory but I actually ordered black lugs nuts from uk. So I don't see the issue with ordering these parts. Plus the carbon kit and shift knob is coming to US dealers in the fall.
Thanks, well here in AUS our release date is around Oct. So we have next to no info on any accessories here. When I tried to ask Honda Australia, they didn't want to confirm. So to me that sounds like a 'Yes' lol

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
I just wanted to ask, how do we know that they sell these accessories internationally?

I don't think they would though if you think about it. What I have read is that it is for the Japan Market only. Furthermore they will need these to supply the market there. Could you imagine a customer walking into a dealer asking for these accessories only to say "Sorry, its sold out, we sold them to overseas customers"

Pretty sure the dealers would install this for their customers when they come to pick it up if you read at the bottom where it says:

"The price is a reference price at the manufacturer suggested retail price (including consumption tax 8%) not including installation cost.

I mean if i'm wrong someone please tell me, because I would love to try and get me some!
Use this as an excuse to make a pilgrimage with your Type R to Japan. Find your JDM Mr. Miyagi and get some old school tuning wisdom and carbon parts not available in the states. And do some laps around Ebisu Circuit in your Type R.

SiLLyLoStBOi

SiLLyLoStBOi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Si
Vehicle Showcase
I had some Japanese friends try to order the shift knob for me. It would not let them. They said the website only allows you to add the items as a package to your Type-R... I guess similar to America's version of "Build" your Honda...

RockziiSS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I 100% know for sure the center piece on the wing will be made in carbon by several companies. One i'm working with. And it wont be near even $1,000.
Johnny please keep me posted on the wing. I wanted to buy one ASAP

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
Anyone notice that when you are building a Type R on Honda's website, if you expand the Interior Accessories, and click on the info button next to the Interior Illumination option, the shift knob depicted in the car is clearly the Honda Access shift knob...

LOL

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Anyone notice that when you are building a Type R on Honda's website, if you expand the Interior Accessories, and click on the info button next to the Interior Illumination option, the shift knob depicted in the car is clearly the Honda Access shift knob...

LOL
Why I already mentioned the carbon kit and shift knob will be a US item for sale in the fall. Anyone who looked at the accessory pamphlet knows this.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Why I already mentioned the carbon kit and shift knob will be a US item for sale in the fall. Anyone who looked at the accessory pamphlet knows this.
How does that work for you guys? Do you just take your car back to the dealer for them to install it for you? Or is it just for new cars that come out after that time?

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
How does that work for you guys? Do you just take your car back to the dealer for them to install it for you? Or is it just for new cars that come out after that time?
I'm more interested in when you bring the car in to install the carbon pack do they give back your original pieces?

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag

Yea it seems like it would be easy but its really not that simple. We have a source that works with Japanese Dealerships so it would be something that we would be at the mercy of the dealership whether or not they want to sell. Technically it is intended for just the Japanese market, but we have gotten lucky in the past.

We still haven't heard back from our source so it could be a good or bad thing lol, but we'll let everyone know!
Sponsored