Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R !

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
The excitement and buzz regarding the Type R is very much like when Honda introduced the 1976 Accord! When the 1976 Honda Accord was introduced the demand was huge. Customers literally stood in line to buy the little jewel of a car. Many dealers did not keep an Accord on hand for consumers to test-drive, much less to look at, but that only served to fan the frenzy. People followed transport trucks into the dealerships to catch a glimpse of an Accord. The wait for an Accord averaged three months nationwide and over a year on portions of the West and East Coasts.
Wow, old days that I remember. I didn't even get to see one for over a yr back then, but did manage to get a CVCC with no A/C.
Sponsored

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
What's the "iN system"?
Technically, Honda's "iN" is quite a bit more than what the previous gentleman stated. Not only is it where Honda keeps the parts fiche like he mentioned but it is also where Honda releases model news, updates, promotions, financing details and more. iN stands for "interactive network".

Honda uses the same iN for their automotive side of things as well as the powersports and power equipment divisions. I can't speak for the automobile portion of the iN but on the powersports side of the iN they show us dealers motorcycle, ATV, SxS etc news and updates before they are made to the public.

I'd give anything if my dealer login for the powersports side of the iN would allow me to see their automotive branch too. I'd be one happy camper... lol.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
So is anything worth a damn going to be released today, or is this just going to be a major cock tease? I'm growing quite impatient

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
So is anything worth a damn going to be released today, or is this just going to be a major cock tease? I'm growing quite impatient
....I wish I knew:dunno:
I don't think they would make the North American debut and not give us something to chew on until. Especially when you think the vehicle is 'suppose' to hit dealerships in 2 months give or take. They are going to have to tell us what the hell we're actually buying/paying. I mean seriously...2 months out...we should know everything by now:doh:

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news guys...i think i found someone going to be streaming the type R on Facebook LIVE!!
its on the superstreet FB page

facebook page is 'super street magazine'

---UPDATE----
i just sent them a message to make sure, waiting for reply.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.56.37 PM

Last edited:

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
....I wish I knew:dunno:
I don't think they would make the North American debut and not give us something to chew on until. Especially when you think the vehicle is 'suppose' to hit dealerships in 2 months give or take. They are going to have to tell us what the hell we're actually buying/paying. I mean seriously...2 months out...we should know everything by now:doh:
I know. I really just want to know what the details are and decide if buying a CTR is even a option this year. If I find out it is going to be extremely exclusive for 2017, I will wait and spend the money I have set aside on my other car. Could really uses some Advan RSII's for my S2000

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Have we confirmed if Honda will have a presentation with additional news and info, or is just going to physically be there for people to see?

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have we confirmed if Honda will have a presentation with additional news and info, or is just going to physically be there for people to see?
Nope, nothing confirmed. Just speculation, the presentation is scheduled for 30 minutes on the main stage, so they will have to say something.
....If not i'm out for blood honda:ninja::ninja:

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Technically, Honda's "iN" is quite a bit more than what the previous gentleman stated. Not only is it where Honda keeps the parts fiche like he mentioned but it is also where Honda releases model news, updates, promotions, financing details and more. iN stands for "interactive network".

Honda uses the same iN for their automotive side of things as well as the powersports and power equipment divisions. I can't speak for the automobile portion of the iN but on the powersports side of the iN they show us dealers motorcycle, ATV, SxS etc news and updates before they are made to the public.

I'd give anything if my dealer login for the powersports side of the iN would allow me to see their automotive branch too. I'd be one happy camper... lol.
I understand it's more than parts application. @asiandeity is wanting to know what the wheel hole distance is. I'm thinking it doesn't go into that specific info? Regardless if it did, it wouldn't be on iN yet.
Sponsored