Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R !

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thread title Says "faster than 1st gen GT-R"

Um what? lol

Maybe they meant the R32 GT-R that debuted back in 1990? LOL.

Who is stupid enough to even make that claim?

Back in 2008 GT-R did a 7min 29sec.
Unfortunately, there is more than one list of top 100 laps, so it's a bit confusing as to which one he means.

If you check the official Ring website's 100 fastest times, in 2009 a GTR Spec-V went 7:34. That's impressive, but I agree, not likely for the CTR to beat.

If you look at the Wiki, their list uses a consistent standard and gives 3rd party verification sources, so it's likely to be more accurate. On that list in 2010 a stock R35 GTR driven by Sacha Bert went 7:43.65 confirmed by Autobild magazine. That would have been the "first gen" of the R35 model, as the power bumps started in 2010.

That is most likely the GTR he's referring to, as its only 4 seconds faster than the VW GTI 7:47 record the CTR needed to beat.
Sponsored

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Anyone else notice some of the panels don't fit quite right? It's pretty bad on the side view of the 2 doors (one door is clearly higher than the other), and on the rear fender flare where it meets the door panel. Doesn't really matter much to me, I figure as long as nothing's falling off or rubbing it's all good lol
Sweet baby Jesus. This is a pre-production vehicle, not what the assembly line is running. The assembly line just started last week.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My car escaped the factory with bad alignment too, just part of having a first year build guys. Gotta make some sacrifices.. (my back door is too high on the back side of the quarter panel)
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0468.JPG

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
My car escaped the factory with bad alignment too, just part of having a first year build guys. Gotta make some sacrifices.. (my back door is too high on the back side of the quarter panel)
IMG_0468.JPG
Lol bro my air vents automatically face up to the roof when i have the ac/heat on.annoying

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
What are the small circles on the rear bumper cover on the Type R? Comparing it to a stock hatchback in this image.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! roundthings

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Lol bro my air vents automatically face up to the roof when i have the ac/heat on.annoying
Ahhhh yezzzzz, only happens to me in the summer when it gets over 30C lol, that's always fun, cool the vents down with the A/C for a min then the hinges tighten back up ;)

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Yes, there is a camera as well.

Maybe it does have Rear Cross Traffic too?

xbFSBcv.jpg
Honda mandated that all their cars would have it starting in 2016 I believe.

Last edited:

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
Is there not a back up camera? back up sensors seem redundant
They look like backup sensors but with the rear camera I thought it redundant as well. I would replace those horrid fake vents on the rear bumper cover with some sort of custom made insert so I was wondering about the little circles and how they will affect the design of a replacement panel.

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
They look like backup sensors but with the rear camera I thought it redundant as well. I would replace those horrid fake vents on the rear bumper cover with some sort of custom made insert so I was wondering about the little circles and how they will affect the design of a replacement panel.
It's not redundant.
The sensor detects the distance and will display a red block at the obstacle on the rear view.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! L359_13_INT_DET34_ms_1_293-77140_450x259