Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R !

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Updated with pics and video:

Announced to be faster than a first generation Nissan GT-R around the Nurburgring!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! screen-shot-2017-03-26-at-7-14-48-pm-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0797-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0796-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0798-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0800-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_2145-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_2146-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_2147-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_2148-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0409-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0411-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0420-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! img_0446-

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! xbFSBcv

http://hondanews.com/releases/civic-type-r-makes-u-s-debut-at-2017-autocon-in-los-angeles

I thought it appropriate to start a new thread given the magnitude of the announcement!

Someone post up any links to video feed and I'll edit this OP to include it.

Civic Type R Makes U.S. Debut at 2017 AutoCon in Los Angeles
The long-awaited Civic Type R finally comes stateside with an appearance at a hub of automotive performance and tuning

Mar 24, 2017 - TORRANCE, Calif.

After its global reveal in Geneva earlier this month, the first production Civic Type R coming to America will make its U.S. debut at the 2017 AutoCon automotive performance and tuning convention in Los Angeles on March 26 with an on-stage presentation scheduled for 4:00 PM PDT. With 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque1 on tap from its 2.0-liter DOHC, direct-injected and turbocharged i-VTEC® in-line 4-cylinder engine, the 2017 Civic Type R is the fastest, most powerful Honda ever sold in America. Featuring aggressive styling to match its performance, the Civic Type R is the "hot hatch" that U.S. compact enthusiasts have been dreaming about.

For East Coast enthusiasts, the Type R will make its debut at the New York International Auto Show on Apr. 12. The first Type R-badged Honda will go on sale nationwide in late spring with an MSRP in the mid-$30,000 range.

For More Information
Consumer information is available atautomobiles.honda.com/future-cars/civic-type-r. To join the Civic Type R community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/hondacivic. Additional media information including high-resolution photography of the 2017 Honda Civic Type R is available at hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/channels/civic-type-r.

1 306 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 295 lb.-ft. of torque from 2,500 to 4,500 rpm (both SAE Net)

https://www.facebook.com/superstreetmag/

Edit- link to live feed.

Thanks @Administrator !

Last edited:
OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be fair, @JDhonda posted this up first - I only started the new thread about it!

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what an awesome surprise this is, now we only have like 2 days to wait until the reveil!
WE all hope it's a full reveal, but I wonder what it will be!!

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
For East Coast enthusiasts, the Type R will make its debut at the New York International Auto Show on Apr. 12.
Now I basically guarantee that they won't present any new information about the Civic Type R at the NYIAS, but the "debut" is just the fact that it will be present in its final form. This would leave room for announcements of the Si, the Clarity plug-in hybrid, and the Clarity Electric.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Now I basically guarantee that they won't present any new information about the Civic Type R at the NYIAS, but the "debut" is just the fact that it will be present in its final form. This would leave room for announcements of the Si, the Clarity plug-in hybrid, and the Clarity Electric.
So you think this possibly leaves the impression we should get the majority of the info released at this LA reveal/presentation?

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
So you think this possibly leaves the impression we should get the majority of the info released at this LA reveal/presentation?
I would say yes. But I have no other sources besides this that indicate such a thing. There is no talk of a presentation for NY. I feel there would just be way too much to talk about if they debuted all three cars with new information in a 25 minute window. No official word about the Si being presented at the NYIAS yet, just word of mouth.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you think about it, it could be the case! I mean they do the TypeR reveal here, it kinda takes the pressure off NYIAS, and does leave the opportunity to show the Si coupe and sedan at the same time.

It's odd to me that the TypeR is at AutoCon when they've already stated they aren't building any TypeR's for SEMA...

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you think about it, it could be the case! I mean they do the TypeR reveal here, it kinda takes the pressure off NYIAS, and does leave the opportunity to show the Si coupe and sedan at the same time.

It's odd to me that the TypeR is at AutoCon when they've already stated they aren't building any TypeR's for SEMA...
i do think that makes sense. hopefully someone on here will see this thread that may have some inside info/knowledge.
Seeing as a lot of the town hall meeting photos are being widely spread and shared like there is nothing to hide anymore, i think we are in for the big reveal!:popcorn:

we will prob see ppl like HPJ start to blog about the LA release any minute now I'm hoping

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Not awesome news.. I jut got a call from my dealer and he says the rep just told them "it will be at least June before they get any VINs"

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see AutoCon have posted that the Type R will be presented on the MAIN-stage for 30 minutes.. Thats a bit of a lengthy presentation considering a lot can be said in 30 minutes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 7.54.09 PM

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
HPJ told me he is not at this event...