Civic Type R continues final tweaking on Nurburgring

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
***Deleted comment.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
im not feeling that slammed look or the rubber band tires on 20's. I think about and inch higher and 18's with a little more sidewall is perfect. however...what the hell do i know
A 20" wheel is superior for turn-in prefomance. This is a FWD car so turn-in is KEY.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Adding a roll cage increases weight but it also stiffens the chassis, which is beneficial for lap times.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Camera at the top of the windshield.
More likely to be the Euro version road sign reader - tho I don't see the camera at the top of the windshield (would be in front of the rear view mirror).
Assume the items attached above the windshield on the far passenger side are signal transmitters, perhaps radio for a spotter or crew chief to talk with the driver.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Honda be like, yeah we decided to give you guys the rear wiper, front washers and the base lights in exchange for a extra flowy fuel system and no LED headlights..
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R continues final tweaking on Nurburgring IMG_0845.GIF

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I understand this. however, I wonder how many buyers will actually take their R to a real track.
Again the wrong response. The Type R is for the track. End of story. You cannot complain about track options. It's not the CTRs fault if it never sees the track, that's the owners problem.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So whatever record they claim is a lie. This is not a full production CTR.
The helmet isn't stock either, it's a "necessary" safety feature. Like the '15/'16 version they trade the AC for the roll cage to keep the total weight equivalent to stock - they don't remove anything else.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Curb rash city.

I cringe accidently hitting a pothole with my 17's, never mind 20's with painted on tires.
You pay to play. Be thankful they aren't $2500+ a piece coughcoughgt350R carbon wheels.

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The helmet isn't stock either, it's a "necessary" safety feature. Like the '15/'16 version they trade the AC for the roll cage to keep the total weight equivalent to stock - they don't remove anything else.
Exactly, thank you. It all equals out in the end. Everyone is so darn negative. Keep the hate coming people.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No center caps too, perhaps it has some race spec tire better than the sport 6s

It also says 2017 inside the rear driverside window.
Some tracks make you remove center caps before you go to tech. That's at Mid-Ohio anyways....

I understand this. however, I wonder how many buyers will actually take their R to a real track.
I know we will be taking ours to many tracks. I am so looking forward to it, should I be able to get one....
Sponsored