Civic Type R continues final tweaking on Nurburgring

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
I honestly think that Honda is testing a different variation of the type r. The rep at autocon did say that a different type r will be coming in the next years. This car is going to be testing for a while. The production version is complete and ready for assembly in my opinion.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I honestly think that Honda is testing a different variation of the type r. The rep at autocon did say that a different type r will be coming in the next years. This car is going to be testing for a while. The production version is complete and ready for assembly in my opinion.
why testing it with a roll cage, unlike current/previous versions?

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
I don't think they are testing at all here.. I think they are working to take back the record ahead of the US release. They have said many time that is a priority. That would be a major market buzz.

I would be shocked if we saw any variation for the next 2 or 3 years. Much like the Black Edition on FK2 being just the final 100.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Previous tests were just to test the car, not to set lap records. They weren't driving as fast.

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
So they don't.. you know.. die if they crash.
Nurburgring actually has a lot of requirements about seat types, harnesses and who and how 'Timed Laps' can be performed. Two years ago they banned times laps for manufacturers for a time but later reintroduced them on a limited basis with additional rules.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Previous tests were just to test the car, not to set lap records. They weren't driving as fast.
revin9k said they are testing a different type R model. And my reasoning was that when they tested the one going to be released they did not seem to use any roll cage.

So they don't.. you know.. die if they crash.
Nurburgring actually has a lot of requirements about seat types, harnesses and who and how 'Timed Laps' can be performed. Two years ago they banned times laps for manufacturers for a time but later reintroduced them on a limited basis with additional rules.
Try to follow the conversation, don't take a comment out of context. I'm not really that "as such as it is" Miss SC.
Yeah this is what I meant, it's obvious that using special equipped car was not for regular testing but hotlaps

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One thing I don't see is the red stripe along the splitter, diffuser and skirt. It's still on the wheels, but I don't see it in the grove on the other parts. At first I thought it was the light or grime.. but the car is shiny even in the sunlight.

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
im not feeling that slammed look or the rubber band tires on 20's. I think about and inch higher and 18's with a little more sidewall is perfect. however...what the hell do i know

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
One thing I don't see is the red stripe along the splitter, diffuser and skirt. It's still on the wheels, but I don't see it in the grove on the other parts. At first I thought it was the light or grime.. but the car is shiny even in the sunlight.
That would be a good thing IMHO.
Sponsored