Civic Type R Black Edition

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
If it came with the Fit's torsion beam rear suspension, that would not be fantastic
Sponsored

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
Same. And I know it's not needed and adds a small bit of weight to the car but a sun/moon roof would have been appreciated. That's something I use a lot. But the car itself will be so awesome that won't really matter. Most likely will get the si. It's such a good package for the money.
I agree about the sunroof. It would be nice if they offered that as an option for the new type r. I know the weight of a sunroof might slow the car down slightly but that's a trade I would take any day. A car that sporty should have a sunroof. I've always had si's so I'm used to a sunroof. The new si's will not come in a hatch so looks like I'll be getting the type r. It's SO expensive though! And no sunroof. Is it worth it?

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I agree about the sunroof. It would be nice if they offered that as an option for the new type r. I know the weight of a sunroof might slow the car down slightly but that's a trade I would take any day. A car that sporty should have a sunroof. I've always had si's so I'm used to a sunroof. The new si's will not come in a hatch so looks like I'll be getting the type r. It's SO expensive though! And no sunroof. Is it worth it?
Ultimately, it depends on what you are looking for in a car. Remember: CTR is a race car for the road. It's hardcore. It's not about comfort features and leisurely driving the road in a fast car. It's about focusing on the road, your inputs, and outputs, even if you don't track. If you prefer to take a slower car to have a sunroof, it sounds like the Si is more suited for you. I'd say, a car that sporty (CTR) should NOT have a sunroof. :)

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
There are some great cars out there with a sunroof options. If its a must, you could do worse than spending more for a camaro zl1 where you have the option to get a sunroof, and oh an automatic transmission too.

I wouldnt consider a ctr too hardcore for a sunroof. Its not a full on purpose built road race vehicle. Just give customers what they want I say.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
There are some great cars out there with a sunroof options. If its a must, you could do worse than spending more for a camaro zl1 where you have the option to get a sunroof, and oh an automatic transmission too.

I wouldnt consider a ctr too hardcore for a sunroof. Its not a full on purpose built road race vehicle. Just give customers what they want I say.
I don't need the sun roof that bad. Although I could get one custom made. But it's not that much of a concern. I'll most likely get the Si anyways. I like the options it has. Plenty of power for me and comfortable af I bet. Love the interior.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
So if they wrapped gen9 civic TypeR production, it could be what 45 days perhaps until they start cranking out civicX TypeRs?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
The caR we are getting is based on a completely different platform. As I understand it, the current UK R is based on the Fit platform.

It's my thought that the next R will be much more intense.

*patiently waits*
What in gods name are you basing this on? I own a type r in spain... Albeit its older i see the 9th gen when i go there.. There are 2 in my hometown.. 1 of wich is owned by one of my best friends... There is honda fit to be seen... Unless ur basing that on the screws that hold the fog lights on or something.. The 9th gen type r is based on the 9th gen euro civic .. Nothing else

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What in gods name are you basing this on? I own a type r in spain... Albeit its older i see the 9th gen when i go there.. There are 2 in my hometown.. 1 of wich is owned by one of my best friends... There is honda fit to be seen... Unless ur basing that on the screws that hold the fog lights on or something.. The 9th gen type r is based on the 9th gen euro civic .. Nothing else
All the magazines report the current Euro Civic and thus TypeR are based on the Firt platform. The new civic shares platform with Accord and crv.

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
Ultimately, it depends on what you are looking for in a car. Remember: CTR is a race car for the road. It's hardcore. It's not about comfort features and leisurely driving the road in a fast car. It's about focusing on the road, your inputs, and outputs, even if you don't track. If you prefer to take a slower car to have a sunroof, it sounds like the Si is more suited for you. I'd say, a car that sporty (CTR) should NOT have a sunroof. :)
I'll have to test drive both and see which one feels right. I love a hatch so I'm leaning towards Type R. I like the Type R interior better too. It looks amazing.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to test drive both and see which one feels right. I love a hatch so I'm leaning towards Type R. I like the Type R interior better too. It looks amazing.
Yep. Decisions, decisions.

I am just hoping that both will be available to test drive in locations within reasonable distances from where I live.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. Decisions, decisions.

I am just hoping that both will be available to test drive in locations within reasonable distances from where I live.
Er I don't know if they'll let you test drive the TypeR. They wouldn't let me test drive new ITR's...but then again I was 19-20 and obviously broke.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Er I don't know if they'll let you test drive the TypeR. They wouldn't let me test drive new ITR's...but then again I was 19-20 and obviously broke.
haha, you might be right. I have another reason against me, being a small female. But a feisty one at that! :p

The dealers that know me understand that I don't drive like a maniac, but they are most likely the ones that won't get the CTR. :(

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
haha, you might be right. I have another reason against me, being a small female. But a feisty one at that! :p

The dealers that know me understand that I don't drive like a maniac, but they are most likely the ones that won't get the CTR. :(
That's awesome. You should definitely chronicle your adventures at the dealers... I have to imagine most of them are geared to try and sell the TypeR to dudes...I'd be interested in hearing some of the sexist responses you get along the way! On the other hand, some of the dealers will do anything for a nice smile so I suppose there's all types!

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
If you have the money and go there to buy a car and they know you mean business, then they can't deny you a test drive. Obviously being the type r, maybe even the Si, they will most likely go with you during the drive. I like to go myself personally but that's probably how it's gonna be. Been like that for the past few years up here. They always go with you.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have the money and go there to buy a car and they know you mean business, then they can't deny you a test drive. Obviously being the type r, maybe even the Si, they will most likely go with you during the drive. I like to go myself personally but that's probably how it's gonna be. Been like that for the past few years up here. They always go with you.
That's how it should be... but I remember pulling up in a 99 Si to check out an '01 TypeR and having them just flat out tell me that they don't do test drives in Type R's because if you want one, you already know what you're getting. They even pulled out the shift knobs while they were sitting on the lot! I could sit in it and move the seat and mirrors, but I couldn't get the key to start the engine!

Funny because Tesla lets anyone drive their P60's like any time. Meh. Different times now-
Sponsored