Civic Type R Black Edition

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Today, Honda unveiled a CTR Black edition for the UK. This car will be limited to 100 units.

One thing to note is that this wraps up the production run for the UK CTR. ;)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/honda-civic-type-r-black-edition-announced

Production of the Black Edition has been limited to the last 100 examples in the Type R's 2500-unit UK production run, and all 100 have already been built. They’re on their way to dealers currently, according to Honda, meaning that the Honda Civic Type R has officially finished production in its current form.

Subtle differences mark out the Black Edition, such as a black interior with red accents, and red sideplates on the already outlandish rear spoiler. No performance or mechanical upgrades have been applied, so the Black Edition produces the same 306bhp and 295lb ft as the standard car.

The Black Edition also costs the same as the standard range-topper, the Type R GT, at £32,300. Honda expects the special edition model to sell quickly.

The next-generation Civic goes on sale in March, while its Type R variant’s introduction will come later in the year. The Civic Type R is expected to enter production in September.

Honda UK boss Phil Webb said: “There are only going to be 2500 of the current Civic Type Rs on UK roads, so the car is going to be pretty special as it is – but with the addition of this special limited run of 100 Black Editions to the product line-up, owners will have a real collector's piece on their hands."
Sponsored

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I wish THIS was the CTR we received in America! It looks so much more like a hatchback!! The soon to be released American version looks more sedan like in the front and beefier.

But this U.K. Edition Black model is perfection!

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The caR we are getting is based on a completely different platform. As I understand it, the current UK R is based on the Fit platform.

It's my thought that the next R will be much more intense.

*patiently waits*

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
It almost feels like time is moving backwards...

It also doesn't help that Honda hasn't revealed any real information since the prototype reveal.

At least five us some spec ranges or something.

Another day closer to the 2018 Civic type R release though:coffee:

Last edited:

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
A2 will you be attending the International Auto Show this week? It's a great chance to see it in-person :) I'll be there public opening on Saturday and it will be the first thing I head to!

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I wish THIS was the CTR we received in America! It looks so much more like a hatchback!! The soon to be released American version looks more sedan like in the front and beefier.

But this U.K. Edition Black model is perfection!
I do like the looks of the exterior. But what I love about the euro type r was the interior. It kinda reminded me of the 8th gen civic si we have in America. In my eyes that's the closest thing we had to a type r. But America woke up and now we are getting it.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More like Honda finally woke up and delivered. I have no doubt the CTR would have always sold well.
Oh no question about that. I definitely would have bought one if they were available long before now. That's why I've gotten so many si's cause we never had a type r.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
like the look of the American version way better.
Same. And I know it's not needed and adds a small bit of weight to the car but a sun/moon roof would have been appreciated. That's something I use a lot. But the car itself will be so awesome that won't really matter. Most likely will get the si. It's such a good package for the money.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Most likely will get the si. It's such a good package for the money.
I can only suggest to you to wait and see what package the ctr will deliver and compare. My guess will be that the ctr will be a purposeful performance car and a stronger value than the si (more of a sporty car imo, owned a 08 Si and 89 crx si)

I think for those of you who plan on modding the car more, you may be better off using that money for the premuim on a ctr instead of say mods on a si.

My belief is to the car you're happy from the factory and dont have to mod as much. You may even end up spending less (as its easy to blow 10-20k or more in parts)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500, 2
The caR we are getting is based on a completely different platform. As I understand it, the current UK R is based on the Fit platform.

It's my thought that the next R will be much more intense.

*patiently waits*

Definitely not based on the Fit platform. Would be cool though, it would make the car that much smaller!
Sponsored