Civic Type R and Si VIN Decoder! Colors Revealed

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Agree. It's one thing if the purpose of the "base" model was to strip out convenience features for maximum weight savings. But I have a feeling it's to offer a cheaper model alternative.

Btw, the Si does have a few things not found on the CTR - sensing package, moonroof, heated seats, 5 seats, and probably a few other things.
I'm pretty upset that the CTR doesn't get the sensing package i mean i think that should have came with the vehicle even if it takes away from the driving "experience" because that stuff would really be helpful especially the cruise control , kinda disappointing

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I'm pretty upset that the CTR doesn't get the sensing package i mean i think that should have came with the vehicle even if it takes away from the driving "experience" because that stuff would really be helpful especially the cruise control , kinda disappointing
Agreed. Mine will be my dd and I use cruise control on long journeys so I'm glad that it will almost certainly be on the GT version of the UK car that I'm getting. Apart from general motorway (freeway) cruising, we have a lot of sections of road now covered by average speed cameras and it's much safer just to set the cruise control at the speed limit instead of constantly having to worry about whether you might have drifted over the limit somewhere and get nailed with a fine and points on your license. I'm also happy to have the other things in the sensing package as some of them could definitely be useful for me.

We do have the option of a Standard version though with a reduced equipment level for those who don't want the extras, and it seems to me it would have been a good idea to do that for North America too so you'd have the choice, but unlike here where they had a pre-ordering system they made it hard to have two versions in North America by building all the cars without asking anyone what they wanted, so they would have had to guess how many of which type to build.
:crazy:

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Agreed. Mine will be my dd and I use cruise control on long journeys so I'm glad that it will almost certainly be on the GT version of the UK car that I'm getting. Apart from general motorway (freeway) cruising, we have a lot of sections of road now covered by average speed cameras and it's much safer just to set the cruise control at the speed limit instead of constantly having to worry about whether you might have drifted over the limit somewhere and get nailed with a fine and points on your license. I'm also happy to have the other things in the sensing package as some of them could definitely be useful for me.

We do have the option of a Standard version though with a reduced equipment level for those who don't want the extras, and it seems to me it would have been a good idea to do that for North America too so you'd have the choice, but unlike here where they had a pre-ordering system they made it hard to have two versions in North America by building all the cars without asking anyone what they wanted, so they would have had to guess how many of which type to build.
:crazy:
yeah very disappointing

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
The TypeR doesn't have cruise control???...:eek:
It has cruise control , but it doesn't have adaptive cruise according to some sources that I've seen, which eliminates the car following a car within a certain set distance up to stopping a car on it's own

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
It has cruise control , but it doesn't have adaptive cruise according to some sources that I've seen, which eliminates the car following a car within a certain set distance up to stopping a car on it's own
I'm ok without ACC. I would have been a deal breaker for me if it didn't have CC.

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
I'm ok without ACC. I would have been a deal breaker for me if it didn't have CC.
Yes i mean it isn't a deal breaker that it doesn't have it but very disappointing considering were going to be paying 35k for this car at the minimum
Sponsored