s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pretty sure all the CTR's will come with the 7" display audio supporting Android Auto/Apple CarPlay... I remember Honda saying it would be standard and not "available" on these cars... then again, they said specifically that the CTR would launch in Touring Trim ONLY... very choice words were used... ALL Si's will launch with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay from what I've seen along with the 450 watt sound system... I doubt the CTR would come with less than the Si even in base form...

Personally, I cannot grab a base knowing a "Touring" trim was out there... And i'm sure the MSRP won't be very far apart considering none of them will come with Honda Sensing ($1k difference on all other Civics)...
Agree. It's one thing if the purpose of the "base" model was to strip out convenience features for maximum weight savings. But I have a feeling it's to offer a cheaper model alternative.

Btw, the Si does have a few things not found on the CTR - sensing package, moonroof, heated seats, 5 seats, and probably a few other things.
Sponsored

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
My sales representative has told me all 2017 Type R's will be touring models and that for 2018 they will have 2 different trim levels. Take it for what it's worth.
That's the word! It definitely makes sense for Honda to sell it at a premium level (touring). I'll take it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
I'm really excited about the colors, can anyone tell me the difference between modern steel metallic and polished steel metallic? I've been looking through google pictures but I can't really tell. =(

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really excited about the colors, can anyone tell me the difference between modern steel metallic and polished steel metallic? I've been looking through google pictures but I can't really tell. =(
Polished metal metallic is less Purple/gray and more monotone gray.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look very similar in person...

Honda should've used the Gunmetal colour found on the new CR-V... That's a gorgeous colour

attilden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Hopfully
Anyone know what the difference in base and touring are? I am confused I know there is no honda sense so why is there a touring...

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)

vader2k

First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wish Honda made a new blue color. There are so many nicer shades.
I hear ya on that .... The 2015/2016 FK2 CTR was offered in a Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic. From recently disclosed color codes, it appears that we are getting the run-of-the-mill, Aegean Blue Metallic.

vader2k

First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it breaks my heart the ctr doesn't come in phoenix yellow
It would look super wicked for sure!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if that color option was offered as a "send-off color" for this present-day model. Back in 97/98, the ITR was only offered in Championship white... Later, 2000/2001 was offered in 3 color ranges, including the phoenix yellow. I remember that color being super popular so I wouldn't bet against that happening.
Sponsored