• Total voters

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
99.9% sure that I will get one. I got the good credit, money, etc. It all depends now on getting the right color (Championship White), availability, & NO big dealer mark-ups. Besides that, ready to trade in my 14 Civic Si for it.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
99.9% sure that I will get one. I got the good credit, money, etc. It all depends now on getting the right color (Championship White), availability, & NO big dealer mark-ups. Besides that, ready to trade in my 14 Civic Si for it.
Too me, the color really doesn't matter...it's a Type R!
I'll take any color... the rarer the better.

I just don't want to pay dealer markup...I was told that my #2 on the list is at MSRP.
But until I pay, I won't really know.

OP
OP
Evo

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Too me, the color really doesn't matter...it's a Type R!
I'll take any color... the rarer the better.

I just don't want to pay dealer markup...I was told that my #2 on the list is at MSRP.
But until I pay, I won't really know.
I think most people with deposits especially #1&2 will be driving them in august sometime. Another wave in the fall early winter then next spring anyone with cash could probably look within a few hundred miles to get a dealer like Chicago etc that has more than one car. The Focus RS is now available everywhere and I think 2017 is the last year for this gen

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think most people with deposits especially #1&2 will be driving them in august sometime. Another wave in the fall early winter then next spring anyone with cash could probably look within a few hundred miles to get a dealer like Chicago etc that has more than one car. The Focus RS is now available everywhere and I think 2017 is the last year for this gen
Looking around me- Focus RS is either not in stock, or not even a selectable trim...I'm not that far from the urban sprawl!

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Some dealers around me has 6-7 RS's in stock and just sitting there with their mark ups that no one wants to pay. Only some dumb person with money and no brain attach to their head would spend that 5-10k markups that have no return on their investments in their car.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Looking around me- Focus RS is either not in stock, or not even a selectable trim...I'm not that far from the urban sprawl!
Well. Every Ford dealer around me has at lease 6 sitting on the lot. 16's included. They are discounting the 17s even. So Cal btw.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Some dealers around me has 6-7 RS's in stock and just sitting there with their mark ups that no one wants to pay. Only some dumb person with money and no brain attach to their head would spend that 5-10k markups that have no return on their investments in their car.
10k plus 40k msrp ? Give me a reason not to buy a Porsche .

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
2016 RS numbers:

"There are 3435 built so far for North America with with another 634 reserved VINs. Weekly production rates have averaged 170 to 230 per week recently. The WF0D VIN is specific to North America. Europe and the rest of the world have a different VIN sequence."

I couldn't find much on total numbers expected for 2017

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I went to Beasley and saw the one they had left. He pointed out they're selling it for MSRP.
It had some options package.
Moonroof. Heated seats. Auto start stop? Not sure about drivers assists.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'

Yep, quite a few around me too, but everyone has significant mark up. I know one person that has it, and he put a few grand on it, still had a mark up in it as well. I can't really justify any car with a mark up, it's bad enough you're paying what you're paying.

I have no doubts Honda will abuse the same thing, because no matter what, people will pay the extra penny for this.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
10k plus 40k msrp ? Give me a reason not to buy a Porsche .
Yeah you get close to the starting price for a Cayman. I am also considering it in about 2 years also in case FK8 Type R won't happen for me.
Right? I'll take a base Cayman any day over a RS. Better ride, better handling and probably similar performance with a BETTER name on it.
And less depreciation. Plus the ownership experience, getting a factory delivery would be nice.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Yeah you get close to the starting price for a Cayman. I am also considering it in about 2 years also in case FK8 Type R won't happen for me.

And less depreciation. Plus the ownership experience, getting a factory delivery would be nice.

As someone who loves driving, having a Porsche is on my wishlist. That, and for the experience of having one built for me. That's on my bucket list. Pretty crappy bucket list, but admittedly, having a car built for me would be a dream.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
As someone who loves driving, having a Porsche is on my wishlist. That, and for the experience of having one built for me. That's on my bucket list. Pretty crappy bucket list, but admittedly, having a car built for me would be a dream.
I also love driving therefore dislike assists altering the raw driving feel. Cayman is so far on of the finest drivers cars due to central weight distrib. I optioned a Cayman 718 (starts at 54k eur) with manual trans, PASM, LSD, 20" Carrera rims, 2 tone (navy-grey interior), Iridium grey, exhaust and minor trim options 64k. I can get 5% off. My ideal config.
True on track Type R would beat this thing. Plus Type R is more practical and slightly cheaper. But if I can't get the type R I'll wait save more 2-3 years and get the Cayman optioned exactly how I want. It offers some enhanced visceral feeling + reliability, build quality.
Sponsored