bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all!

This is my official post about my new Civic Sedan Touring that I finally received last Sunday.

Brief Story
Thanks to Civic X I was super informed when it came to checking this car out in person and going to buy it. I spoke with 5 different dealers around where I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, all of which gave me pretty high quotes with hardly any price reduction on parts or the vehicle itself. To add to not giving much wiggle room, the dealers near where I live couldn't get their hands on a White Orchid Pearl Touring with Ivory interior and weren't really going to try to place an order or trade for me. So, over Thanksgiving when I went home to visit my family in Madison, WI, I went to my family's preferred dealer, Zimbrick on Fish Hatchery, where we have purchased multiple Hondas in the past. They gave me a better quote than any of the dealers in California and even beat my target price - putting it just on par with what I wanted with the shipping costs included. So, I went ahead, bought the touring back home, had the accessories put on there, and then had it shipped via Gran Turismo Motorsports (great shipping company) to me in California. I've had it for a week and I absolutely love it. The handling is great - especially on turns as people have talked about here. I've found if you pop it into sport mode, you can get some pretty instantaneous acceleration and really get the car moving with that turbo intake. After a week of driving it, my average MPG just keeps going up, right now I'm at 34mpg - most of the time when driving the meter shows me in the 40's range. I'll update with more official numbers the more I've driven it. Anyways - I'm sure I'll post more info about my drive as time progresses, but feel free to comment or ask questions about it! Happy driving!

Oh, also, I signed the memo of my check "Civic X". Hopefully you guys get a kick out of that :)

Build
- Touring, White Orchid Pearl w/ Ivory
- Side underbody spoilers
- Wheel locks
- Interior illumination
- Console illumination
- Door sill illumination

Price Breakdown
$25,265.00, vehicle
$835.00, dealer destination fee
$349.00, console illumination
$397.00, door sill trim illumination
$235.00, interior illumination
$764.00, underbody spoiler-side
$449.00, wireless phone charger (did not install - part not available until Dec. 23)
$79.00, wheel locks
$1,500, extended 8 yr. or 125k miles warranty
$600, auto armor paint & interior protection
---------------
$30,473.00

Photos (Check out more photos in my Garage)
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Touring with Side Underbody Spoilers and Illuminated Interior Accessories {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Touring with Side Underbody Spoilers and Illuminated Interior Accessories {filename}

Sponsored

Last edited:

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! Glad to hear you got the deal you were looking for.
Just curious why you decided to get the wireless phone option?

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! Glad to hear you got the deal you were looking for.
Just curious why you decided to get the wireless phone option?
So, since the dealer wasn't able to order it until December 23, I do not have it. Since you can't do CarPlay via bluetooth, I feel less inclined to get it. At this time, the dealer reimbursed me (since I paid for it originally) and if I want it, I'll have a dealer in CA install it later.

Last edited:

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
That is precisely why I asked... All the same, welcome to the owner's club.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So, since the dealer wasn't able to order it until December 23, I do not have it presently. However, I would say the jury is out on this one. Since you can't do CarPlay via bluetooth, I feel less inclined to purchase it. At this time, the dealer reimbursed me and if I want it, I'll have a dealer in CA install it later.
I'm a little confused by the wording here... You were reimbursed by the dealer itself (with the wireless charger) because the Civic didn't have Carplay via bluetooth to begin with? Now, if the dealer offered it to you I would take it and run but I'm surprised that they were willing to hand over something for something that wasn't their fault...

I also find it off how you say they reimbursed it with you when above, the cost of the charger was $449 as you quoted? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Congratulations on the car by the way!

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Congrats on the great deal. Beautiful car you've put together! The factory sideskirt spoiler looks fantastic and balances out the cars substantial rear end.

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a little confused by the wording here... You were reimbursed by the dealer itself (with the wireless charger) because the Civic didn't have Carplay via bluetooth to begin with? Now, if the dealer offered it to you I would take it and run but I'm surprised that they were willing to hand over something for something that wasn't their fault...

I also find it off how you say they reimbursed it with you when above, the cost of the charger was $449 as you quoted? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Congratulations on the car by the way!
Sorry for any confusion on that - so I showed what I was quoted and paid in the initial post. I paid them to install it (at the time I had not realized CarPlay couldn't be done via bluetooth and I was anticipating future support). The dealer, however, couldn't order the part until after when they needed to ship it to me in California. So, since they couldn't get the part, they reimbursed me the amount I paid them for it. So now, it's up to me whether I want to get it later or not. Probably not at this time since I've discovered CarPlay doesn't work via bluetooth.

Last edited:

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Oh wow I like the illuminated center console lights and the illuminated door sills much better than I thought I would. Must make you smile every time you open the door to get on at night. They're going on my wish list :bow:

Thanks for sharing!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow just stop it please..... All this awesomeness is killing me... I want one soooo baddd.. LOL

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
Hey all!

This is my official post about my new Civic Sedan Touring that I finally received last Sunday.

Brief Story
Thanks to Civic X I was super informed when it came to checking this car out in person and going to buy it. I spoke with 5 different dealers around where I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, all of which gave me pretty high quotes with hardly any price reduction on parts or the vehicle itself. To add to not giving much wiggle room, the dealers near where I live couldn't get their hands on a White Orchid Pearl Touring with Ivory interior and weren't really going to try to place an order or trade for me. So, over Thanksgiving when I went home to visit my family in Madison, WI, I went to my family's preferred dealer, Zimbrick on Fish Hatchery, where we have purchased multiple Hondas in the past. They gave me a better quote than any of the dealers in California and even beat my target price - putting it just on par with what I wanted with the shipping costs included. So, I went ahead, bought the touring back home, had the accessories put on there, and then had it shipped via Gran Turismo Motorsports (great shipping company) to me in California. I've had it for a week and I absolutely love it. The handling is great - especially on turns as people have talked about here. I've found if you pop it into sport mode, you can get some pretty instantaneous acceleration and really get the car moving with that turbo intake. After a week of driving it, my average MPG just keeps going up, right now I'm at 34mpg - most of the time when driving the meter shows me in the 40's range. I'll update with more official numbers the more I've driven it. Anyways - I'm sure I'll post more info about my drive as time progresses, but feel free to comment or ask questions about it! Happy driving!

Oh, also, I signed the memo of my check "Civic X". Hopefully you guys get a kick out of that :)

Build
- Touring, White Orchid Pearl w/ Ivory
- Side underbody spoilers
- Wheel locks
- Interior illumination
- Console illumination
- Door sill illumination

Price Breakdown
$25,265.00, vehicle
$835.00, dealer destination fee
$349.00, console illumination
$397.00, door sill trim illumination
$235.00, interior illumination
$764.00, underbody spoiler-side
$449.00, wireless phone charger (did not install - part not available until Dec. 23)
$79.00, wheel locks
$1,500, extended 8 yr. or 125k miles warranty
$600, auto armor paint & interior protection
---------------
$30,473.00

Photos (Check out more photos in my Garage)

The illumination effects look sweet. Thanks for the pics.

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
Console illumination & Door sill illumination is only one side or both sides?

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently considering doing 5% or 15% tints on the back windows. Open to opinions on that :)

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great story!! Amazing car...

I would suggest some word changes though... You do mean Android Auto, right? Apple CarPlay doesn't work over Bluetooth as you already know but the iPhone doesn't have wireless charging anyways... Nexus phones have had wireless charging at least back to 2011-2012 and have since removed it in their latest phone... But the latest Galaxy devices support it and a handful of other phones do too...

I'm just confused by your wording here lol... But for $450, I'd not recommend the wireless charging anyways... Especially if you want to use Android Auto/CarPlay anyways...

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great story!! Amazing car...

I would suggest some word changes though... You do mean Android Auto, right? Apple CarPlay doesn't work over Bluetooth as you already know but the iPhone doesn't have wireless charging anyways... Nexus phones have had wireless charging at least back to 2011-2012 and have since removed it in their latest phone... But the latest Galaxy devices support it and a handful of other phones do too...

I'm just confused by your wording here lol... But for $450, I'd not recommend the wireless charging anyways... Especially if you want to use Android Auto/CarPlay anyways...
Quite well aware that the current generation iPhones do not support Qi charging. Future generations likely will - I was anticipating future support when I initially requested my dealer install it. Regardless, like I've said in previous posts, I'm not getting the wireless charger as of now. I left the price there so people have a reference point to know the best price with install labor I heard, in case someone does want it. All the quotes I got for that part in CA were > $500.
Sponsored

Last edited: