First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Orchid Pearl Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Je suis nouveau sur ce forum. J'apprécie beaucoup les informations données et c'est très intéressant. Je ne sais pas si je suis au bon endroit pour publier ce message ni s'il a déjà été traité ici mais je n'ai pas trouvé. Je suis du Québec, Canada et c'est pourquoi je m'adresse à vous en français, mon anglais étant médiocre (pardonnez-moi), j'utilise un traducteur pour vous lire. Voici mes problèmes: 1) Quand j'utilise «Afficher la carte» de mon système de navigation, dans le haut de l'écran s'affiche le nom de la rue ou la route sur laquelle je me trouve alors qu'avant, il indiquait les rues transversales que je rencontrais et la rue sur laquelle je me trouvais s'affichait sur le tableau de bord du chauffeur sous «boussole». Comment revenir aux précédents réglages ?. 2) Lors de la réception d'un appel téléphonique, pour quelle raison le nom de l'identifiant ne s'affiche pas mais seulement le numéro même si la personne fait partie de ma liste de contacts? Merci de votre aide en espérant ne pas avoir pris trop de votre temps. I'm new to this forum. I appreciate very much the information given and it is very interesting. I do not know if I am in the right place to publish this message or if there has already been treatment here but I have not found. I am from Quebec, Canada and that is why I am speaking to you in French, my English being mediocre (forgive me), I use a translator to read you. Here are my problems: 1) When I use "Display map" of my navigation system, at the top of the screen is displayed the name of the street or road on which I am, Indicated the transverse streets that I met and the street on which I was standing was displayed on the dashboard of the driver under "compass". How to return to the previous settings? 2) When I receive a phone call, why the caller's name is not displayed but only the number even if the person is in my contacts list? Thank you for your help in hoping not to have taken too much of your time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Je suis nouveau sur ce forum. J'apprécie beaucoup les informations données et c'est très intéressant. Je ne sais pas si je suis au bon endroit pour publier ce message ni s'il a déjà été traité ici mais je n'ai pas trouvé. Je suis du Québec, Canada et c'est pourquoi je m'adresse à vous en français, mon anglais étant médiocre (pardonnez-moi), j'utilise un traducteur pour vous lire. Voici mes problèmes: 1) Quand j'utilise «Afficher la carte» de mon système de navigation, dans le haut de l'écran s'affiche le nom de la rue ou la route sur laquelle je me trouve alors qu'avant, il indiquait les rues transversales que je rencontrais et la rue sur laquelle je me trouvais s'affichait sur le tableau de bord du chauffeur sous «boussole». Comment revenir aux précédents réglages ?. 2) Lors de la réception d'un appel téléphonique, pour quelle raison le nom de l'identifiant ne s'affiche pas mais seulement le numéro même si la personne fait partie de ma liste de contacts? Merci de votre aide en espérant ne pas avoir pris trop de votre temps. I'm new to this forum. I appreciate very much the information given and it is very interesting. I do not know if I am in the right place to publish this message or if there has already been treatment here but I have not found. I am from Quebec, Canada and that is why I am speaking to you in French, my English being mediocre (forgive me), I use a translator to read you. Here are my problems: 1) When I use "Display map" of my navigation system, at the top of the screen is displayed the name of the street or road on which I am, Indicated the transverse streets that I met and the street on which I was standing was displayed on the dashboard of the driver under "compass". How to return to the previous settings? 2) When I receive a phone call, why the caller's name is not displayed but only the number even if the person is in my contacts list? Thank you for your help in hoping not to have taken too much of your time.
1. What do you mean by "previous settings"?
2. Are you using and Android Phone or iPhone? Are you using Bluetooth or Google Play/Car Play?

OP
OP
Claudetobus

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I want to have the cross streets that I meet at the top of the main screen just over the map and the street on which I am on the driver's dash under "compass" when I select "show map" like before.
2. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Android) and using Bluetooth

Thx calonzo

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
1. I want to have the cross streets that I meet at the top of the main screen just over the map and the street on which I am on the driver's dash under "compass" when I select "show map" like before.
2. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Android) and using Bluetooth

Thx calonzo
1. I can not find any settings to change that. I do know that it changes when you are navigating, as opposed to just using the map. If it happens even when not navigating, try doing a factory reset. Press the MAP icon, then the Back button, then choose Settings, the press the Menu button, then choose Reset.

2. I don't have an Android phone. Maybe you can ask that question in a separate thread.

OP
OP
Claudetobus

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Thank you very much for your help calonzo but I have already tried the reset to the factory settings but it has not changed anything. Even my Honda dealer does not know how to change the information displayed.
2. As soon as I have a little more time, I will try to open another thread to try to solve this problem. In the meantime, I thank you sincerely for your help.

OP
OP
Claudetobus

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PROBLEMS SOLVED

Concerning the 2 problems raised in this thread, I would like to present to you the solutions found to remedy them:

1. You must return to the factory settings of ALL the system and not just the navigation system. It is certain that you will lose all your adjustments made previously and that you will have to parameterize them again but this solves the problem encountered. Note that the engine of your vehicle will have to turn and not only on "accessories". It was for this reason that the first attempt had not worked.

2. Regarding the display of the caller's name (and picture, if associated) in addition to the number already entered on the Honda Entertainment System screen when receiving a call, the number 'IN YOUR LIST OF CONTACTS must be preceded by the country number and the + sign. Here in Canada and United States you must write +1 in front of the contact's phone number (+1 XXX-xxx-xxxx). This should resolve the second problem raised. For me, everything works perfectly now. My phone is Android Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Don't know if IPhone should work the same way. Please confirm on this thread.

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
PROBLEMS SOLVED

2. Regarding the display of the caller's name (and picture, if associated) in addition to the number already entered on the Honda Entertainment System screen when receiving a call, the number 'IN YOUR LIST OF CONTACTS must be preceded by the country number and the + sign. Here in Canada and the United States you must write +1 in front of the contact's phone number (+1 XXX-xxx-xxxx). This should resolve the second problem raised. For me, everything works perfectly now. My phone is Android Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. IPhone should work the same way. Please confirm on this thread.
I don't have to do that on my iPhone in the US. Name always comes up. I don't have any pictures set up, though, so I can't vouch for that.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
PROBLEMS SOLVED

Concerning the 2 problems raised in this thread, I would like to present to you the solutions found to remedy them:

1. You must return to the factory settings of ALL the system and not just the navigation system. It is certain that you will lose all your adjustments made previously and that you will have to parameterize them again but this solves the problem encountered. Note that the engine of your vehicle will have to turn and not only on "accessories". It was for this reason that the first attempt had not worked.
Can you give exact steps for what you did?

OP
OP
Claudetobus

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the method used to return the entire system to factory settings. Note that the system is parameterized in French since I live in Quebec.

Press HOME

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130550

Settings (Réglages)

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130603_001

System (Système) and Scroll down at the bottom of the screen

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130658

Reset to factory settings and follow the on-screen instructions

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130713

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130721

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130734

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130745

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130808

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130835

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_130905

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic touring 2016 Navigation 20170702_131027

Voilà ... I hope it will help someone who is having these problems

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks. Also, you have to have the power mode to "ON" and not "ACCESSORY" right? The US manual doesn't mention anything about that.

OP
OP
Claudetobus

Claudetobus

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nor in the Canadian manual. In fact, the engine of your vehicle must turn to carry out this operation. I hope this will help some people who may encounter problems with their infotainment system.
Sponsored

Last edited: