Civic Touring 16 constantly beeping at me randomly .. Why?

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I notice this usually when I am driving. The console keeps beeping at me as if I am missing an urgent notification.

I restarted the console and it didn't come back for a while. Do others have this problem too?
Sponsored

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I notice this usually when I am driving. The console keeps beeping at me as if I am missing an urgent notification.

I restarted the console and it didn't come back for a while. Do others have this problem too?
yep, dealer just replaced my screen, tech line finally authorized them to do this and its been a few weeks and all good so far

OP
OP

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
yep, dealer just replaced my screen, tech line finally authorized them to do this and its been a few weeks and all good so far
How did you show them? Did someone from Honda observe it happen in your car? For me it randomly occurs .. Or did they take your word for it?

OP
OP

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I had video of it on my phone
Smart! I will do that next time. Is there any hardware differences from your upgrade?

Heard some chatter about a new console being available for the 2017 civic or that it has a different part #?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Smart! I will do that next time. Is there any hardware differences from your upgrade?

Heard some chatter about a new console being available for the 2017 civic or that it has a different part #?
Not sure but first time I complained about it they didn't do anything but forwarded the video to tech line and a few weeks later tech line called my dealer back and told them to replace the screen

el_chino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Not sure but first time I complained about it they didn't do anything but forwarded the video to tech line and a few weeks later tech line called my dealer back and told them to replace the screen
Had the same issue and reset it to default. Haven't had the issue in a few days, I'll record it with my phone next time as well. Did it take a while to replace the screen?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Had the same issue and reset it to default. Haven't had the issue in a few days, I'll record it with my phone next time as well. Did it take a while to replace the screen?
I had this issue too. It is brand new. I would be on the Audio screen and it would switch back to the Home screen and beep. And then it would keep beeping randomly. No matter what screen I was on, it would always go back to the home screen. It was as if someone kept pressing the Home button. I had been playing with all the settings when it started happening. I realized that I had changed the Screen Sensitivity to High from Low. When I changed the sensitivity back to Low, the problem went away.

el_chino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
I had this issue too. It is brand new. I would be on the Audio screen and it would switch back to the Home screen and beep. And then it would keep beeping randomly. No matter what screen I was on, it would always go back to the home screen. It was as if someone kept pressing the Home button. I had been playing with all the settings when it started happening. I realized that I had changed the Screen Sensitivity to High from Low. When I changed the sensitivity back to Low, the problem went away.
Oh thanks I'll try that if it happens again

greg_in_canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Is low sensitivity still working for you?

Thanks- Greg