Country flag

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking on cars.com, and it seems like a lot of Si are selling at invoice price or below MSRP.

Linked here:
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...sf1Nm=price&trId=25362&yrId=30031936&zc=20121

The 23077 price is Invoice + destination already, so all that left is tax + tags.

Anyone have any luck with getting it at invoice?
I work for Jeff Wyler and they took off the 3k markup for me but wouldn't let it go below sticker. 24,775 is the cheapest they went, which I thought was good considering all of the markups. I've read about a few cases where people have gotten them below msrp. Also I doubt they are selling them for invoice, probably a mistake between the dealership and cars. One cars ad showed 46k for an si.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Anyone have any luck with getting it at invoice?
Forget invoice, at this time... Way too early for that IMO. Can't even find one at MSRP yet, within a couple hundred miles. (One looked like it might have worked out, but was wrong color; couldn't talk myself into it...)
Patience is the name of the game. Hoping the production doesn't show down to the point where this car continues to be as scarce as it is now, in which case I might end up paying around 27,000 even several weeks from now...

Last edited:
OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Seems like a local dealer just quoted me for 24,998.63 for a black si Sedan. Not sure if it's a sale tactic to get me in the office.
My tax is based in VA so roughly 4.1%.

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Honda Odysessy
Country flag
I just bought my White SI sedan on friday, sale price of car was 23,900 with extra all season mats and the compact spare and tools added into the deal. Im in Chicago Illlinois.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Would be great if folks specified whether the prices they mention are total/drive-out ones or not; otherwise it gets really confusing (at least to me)...

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
OTD price shouldn't matter as much if they list what they paid for MSRP. After all, taxes and doc fees etc will differ from state to state. MSRP (or what they paid under or over) should be the number to focus on.

Would be great if folks specified whether the prices they mention are total/drive-out ones or not; otherwise it gets really confusing (at least to me)...

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
OTD price shouldn't matter as much if they list what they paid for MSRP. After all, taxes and doc fees etc will differ from state to state. MSRP (or what they paid under or over) should be the number to focus on.
Doc fees are pure profit and not legally required. They effectively increase the MSRP, so they are VERY important.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya but doc fees are separate from the vehicle. The MSRP is what to focus on. Since DOC FEES WILL VARY it shouldn't be a major concern since they vary. I don't care about doc fee. Some wave some don't. It's not going to keep me from purchasing a vehicle where as an MSRP that can't be gotten under or marked up will

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I disagree... Drive-out/out-the-door price is the best, clearest indicator of what money actually exchanged hands for a vehicle. YMMV of course.

I don't care about doc fee. Some wave some don't. It's not going to keep me from purchasing a vehicle where as an MSRP that can't be gotten under or marked up will
Well it can make a difference of several hundred bucks. One of the quotes I got last week had a doc fee of a whopping $899. I fail to see how that can be easily overlooked...

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's what I'm saying. They vary. I'm saying where doc fees usually don't sway a person from making a purchase decision because they go anywhere from 0-$600 the MSRP is what I'm talking about mattering. If the sticker says 23,900 and I got it for under that especially on a new release then that's a good deal. If you paid over MSRP THEN tack on doc fees then I would obviously start thinking twice. The MSRP number is what gets me in the door. Negotiate at that. I don't care about the rest as long as I get under msrp

If you sit there and tell me hey I paid 23,575 then obviously the whole thing starts out good. I guess we have to agree to disagree. The first number anyone sees is the sticker. The rest of that crap comes after.

Odds are you're not going to be able to match the same offer someone else received unless it's in same state and same dealer.

Strongly disagree... "Doc fees" and such can, and does, vary vastly between dealers. Drive-out/out-the-door price is the best, clearest indicator of what money actually exchanged hands for a vehicle. YMMV of course.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
The difference between invoice and MSRP on the car, and/or on any of the installed accessories, "doc fees" and any other made-up fees, and even up-charged ETR and other mandatory fees that dealers mark up sometimes, all have one important thing in common -- they are all little niches where the dealership makes its money when selling a new car. Whether they take 200 off MSRP but slap on 700 doc fee, or take 700 off MSRP and add 200 doc fee -- the end result, both for you (the buyer) and for them is exactly the same.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree. All I'm trying to say is the MSRP sticker price is what gets people in the door, nothing else. That's the price you have in mind to start working on. The rest comes after. Obviously you think about doc fees and other stuff after and that can influence purchasing if it's a ridiculous fee but if I can get my foot in the door with a below MSRP price then the deal has started off on the right foot.

Example. 2 dealers next to each other. One says MSRP IS 23,900 the other says, 23,500. Which one are you gonna go to first? The 23,500. THEN you can start asking the questions on the other fees.

The difference between invoice and MSRP on the car, and/or on any of the installed accessories, "doc fees" and any other made-up fees, and even up-charged ETR and other mandatory fees that dealers mark up sometimes, all have one important thing in common -- they are all little niches where the dealership makes its money when selling a new car. Whether they take 200 off MSRP but slap on 700 doc fee, or take 700 off MSRP and add 200 doc fee -- the end result, both for you (the buyer) and for them is exactly the same.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Example. 2 dealers next to each other. One says MSRP IS 23,900 the other says, 23,500. Which one are you gonna go to first? The 23,500. THEN you can start asking the questions on the other fees.
I would go to both of them with my OTD offer and whoever is willing to make that number work, will get my business.
I have a well-developed aversion to advertisements of any sort, so I'm sure I'm different from many normal people in that sense. Advertised lower prices don't get me interested -- they raise red flags instead. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Pricing abnormal-quotes-1
Sponsored