Pnutbutterjoshy

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
New Jersey. Gettling a rattle serviced. Spoke to my friend (sales). 2017 Si can be purchased for 22, 800 [thats including destination]. Taxes and fees not applied yet.

Costco discount wont apply. Already in the low price range. However, you can still apply military discount.
Mind if you let us know which dealership your friend works at? I too live in NJ and currently in the market for a new SI
Sponsored

IndyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Country flag
I qualified for the 0.9% on the 2017, and looked it over really well before I went into the dealership. The trading dealer had a sticker on the back which the selling dealer removed, otherwise no issues. Build date was July 17th, so assuming delivery to the original dealer a couple weeks later (early August) and it's been on a lot about 90-100 days as someone previously stated earlier in the thread. So I bought it. For ~$600 less than a 2018 and ~$1000 finance savings over the 60 month term versus best rate from my bank of about 2.5%. It may depreciate a little faster, but that means insurance rates will be lower and Indiana plates (based on age and original price) will be cheaper.

Not too much silliness at the closing, they showed me a video of a paint sealant and fabric sealant (seriously? You know, they put the TruCoat on at the factory...).
The finance upsell was for packages ranging from Wheel/Tire coverage for $20/month to $75/month which added plus key replacement, gap insurance, door ding repair, prepaid normal maintenance and a 125,000 mile warranty from who knows where. That's $1200 for wheel/tire and $4500 (!) for the full package - there were 5 levels or so. First time I've seen them present it as a total monthly payment (base payment + extra for coverage) instead of add on cost.

If I have trouble in the warranty period, I'll add a real Honda warranty later.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can get the new HondaCares in the first 6 months/6000 miles.

I got mine a couple years back for around $1300+ tax (I think it was 1295 exactly plus tax). 8 year 120k miles w/no deductable.

Mind you, this was on a 36k MSRP Odyssey EX-L, not a Civic so it may different slightly.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I think you can get the new HondaCares in the first 6 months/6000 miles.

I got mine a couple years back for around $1300+ tax (I think it was 1295 exactly plus tax). 8 year 120k miles w/no deductable.

Mind you, this was on a 36k MSRP Odyssey EX-L, not a Civic so it may different slightly.
You can buy a Honda Care warranty any time before the 3/36 warranty is up. After 6,000 miles, the prices increase a little. I've found the prices don't vary much whether you're covering a $16K Honda Fit LX or a $47K Honda Odyssey Elite

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can buy a Honda Care warranty any time before the 3/36 warranty is up. After 6,000 miles, the prices increase a little. I've found the prices don't vary much whether you're covering a $16K Honda Fit LX or a $47K Honda Odyssey Elite
Good to know. The Odyssey was the only thing I bought new I went with the Hondacare with. Both Civics will just be on the factory warranty. I figured if I had them that long, it'd be so far from stock they'd deny anything power train related, and anything not power train related could be repaired for less than the warranty.

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
I would make sure to thoroughly test drive and examine the '17 and check for the production date and delivery date. Personally I would think twice about getting a '17 if its been sitting on the lot for a better part of the year.
The oldest SI we have at work is only 3 months old. These cars were released mid year so none of them have sat for most of the year.

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
What's the lowest your dealership has sold an Si? And with or without extra crap?
We are like at 24300. We only got a handful and have been selling them without any problems. Now that we have 18s on the way we will probably discount the leftover 17s which are just a few coupes

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$23,750 OTD back in the first week of October. I figured that was more or less invoice plus taxes/tags (I think $539 in South Carolina) and a relatively small doc fee. That included a few dealer add-ons (tint, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards). I worked back and forth between two local dealers and also two VW dealers. I really liked the GTI, but couldn't quite pull the trigger on a VW ... I did use the VW pricing--which is very good right now--as leverage with the Honda dealers. If they hadn't come down on the Si then I would have bought the GTI ... which I have regretted a time or two, honestly. The torque in the GTI is impressive.

Sparker4504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2016 Lexus IS300, 2013 Honda Accord Touring, 2015 Lexus RCF (Sold)
At this time, you should be able to get any leftover 17 Civic SI at or around invoice minus any incentives. Currently there is $1700 lease incentive, which is why I was able to get my vehicle's final price to around 21,500

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 AMG GTS, 2015 GLA250
Country flag
though it's a lease the sale price on my paperwork shows 20,700 for a 2017 Si. picked it up on black friday.

Sparker4504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2016 Lexus IS300, 2013 Honda Accord Touring, 2015 Lexus RCF (Sold)
though it's a lease the sale price on my paperwork shows 20,700 for a 2017 Si. picked it up on black friday.
Can you share the full details/breakdown of that? that's probably the best price I've seen. Did you get any additional incentives? that's $800 deeper than i got and i thought i had a pretty amazing deal, Your incremental savings would yield around $25/mo difference in monthly lease (based on NY tax and 12/36)

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you share the full details/breakdown of that? that's probably the best price I've seen. Did you get any additional incentives? that's $800 deeper than i got and i thought i had a pretty amazing deal, Your incremental savings would yield around $25/mo difference in monthly lease (based on NY tax and 12/36)
i don't have the paper work with me but this is how i went about getting the deal.

on weds night i saw that a local dealer was posting black friday deals mainly on leftover 2017 stock. they had a deal on the si and it mentioned only 2 available at that price. maybe about an hour later, the deal was taken off their site (figured someone picked it up weds night). i started emailing dealers the details to see if they could price match and most said no (too low of cost, only available for certain VINs, blah-blah). fortunately for me, one dealer called and said ok. here's how the numbers worked out

2699 due @ signing (incl first month) + taxes + lic/doc fees = 3319 total drive off
150.01 (incl tax) for the next 35 months (comes out to 138 before taxes)
36 month lease w/ 12k/mi/yr

i hope that helps!

Sparker4504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don't have the paper work with me but this is how i went about getting the deal.

on weds night i saw that a local dealer was posting black friday deals mainly on leftover 2017 stock. they had a deal on the si and it mentioned only 2 available at that price. maybe about an hour later, the deal was taken off their site (figured someone picked it up weds night). i started emailing dealers the details to see if they could price match and most said no (too low of cost, only available for certain VINs, blah-blah). fortunately for me, one dealer called and said ok. here's how the numbers worked out

2699 due @ signing (incl first month) + taxes + lic/doc fees = 3319 total drive off
150.01 (incl tax) for the next 35 months (comes out to 138 before taxes)
36 month lease w/ 12k/mi/yr

i hope that helps!
Sounds about right based on the information you've given. Congrats, definitely by far the best deal i've seen! I don't have an AMG GTS but for a little sub 25k car versus my RCF(s0ld) the power difference is my biggest struggle but boy is it fun not getting into trouble!

My top driving pros:
Short-shifter has a very mechanical feeling to it
Dampers (my RCF didn't even have that), car feels flat when maneuvering
Clutch - very easy!
Weight - RCF was 3900lb, the SI feels like feather compared to that

Cons:
Obviously power =( - I think tuning this car will require many other things to be upgraded as certain components are already maxed out (clutch, tiny turbo)
Tires suck - do not grip very well.
Headlights - I have a pet peeve about halogens. I think LED headlights make a world of difference in night driving. I hate when companies cheap out on safety: Lighting/Tires/Braking
Brakes - meh, not bad for Honda, atleast they're bigger than a regular Civic. IMO honda always sucked in this dept but i'm content for now

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds about right based on the information you've given. Congrats, definitely by far the best deal i've seen! I don't have an AMG GTS but for a little sub 25k car versus my RCF(s0ld) the power difference is my biggest struggle but boy is it fun not getting into trouble!

My top driving pros:
Short-shifter has a very mechanical feeling to it
Dampers (my RCF didn't even have that), car feels flat when maneuvering
Clutch - very easy!
Weight - RCF was 3900lb, the SI feels like feather compared to that

Cons:
Obviously power =( - I think tuning this car will require many other things to be upgraded as certain components are already maxed out (clutch, tiny turbo)
Tires suck - do not grip very well.
Headlights - I have a pet peeve about halogens. I think LED headlights make a world of difference in night driving. I hate when companies cheap out on safety: Lighting/Tires/Braking
Brakes - meh, not bad for Honda, atleast they're bigger than a regular Civic. IMO honda always sucked in this dept but i'm content for now
so far i'm enjoying it. of course it doesn't have the hp/tq that the GTS but fun in it's own way. i'm already doing my research on parts (even though i'm trying real hard not to mod her) and it looks like any more than the basic ecu tune needs a clutch upgrade. this is supposed to be the car i'm not embarrassed to take clients out in so i need to keep away from lowering, exhaust modifications, etc.

with that said, i did buy the skunk2 knob, boomba short shift kit, trs hid kit, and smoked side markers today. i keep telling my gf that's it but who am i kiddin?
Sponsored