TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2008 (RIP); Shopping for new Civic Si 2018
Sorry don't mind me, I was thinking about trading in my Touring for an Si in the future but am really shocked that the Si is that much... Enjoy your car
The Si has a higher performance engine (among other under-the-hood specs) though. Why would you expect it to cost less than the Touring?
Sponsored

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the 0.9 rate apply for the 2018s?
Not as far as I can tell, though I have heard you might be able to with the New Grad incentive, but not sure yet. Also you may be able to negotiate since they told me they can match rates.

They quoted me 3.99% at 60 months for the 2018, and they also wanted an extra $300 for WOP. I laughed and said I'd take a 2017.
If the price was dependent on Honda Financing, couldn't you just go with their financing at purchase and then refinance with a lower-rate lender when you get home? That is what I did on my last one and it worked out well.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
If the price was dependent on Honda Financing, couldn't you just go with their financing at purchase and then refinance with a lower-rate lender when you get home? That is what I did on my last one and it worked out well.
Maybe? I wasn't really hungry for the 2018. How could I live without a web browser in my dashboard :D

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The touring has a higher starting MSRP than the SI. The SI has a LSD, different turbo impeller for more boost, adaptive dampers and some other bits to set it apart. If you want more luxury features and tech, the touring is your car. It would cost quite a bit to retrofit the bits that make an SI into a touring... though the same goes with touring bits into an SI.

The only extra thing I think I'll do is put the wireless charger in my SI. My old lady said shed like one... apparently her new stupid expensive iPhone can do that now. Leather seats, more tech and electronic nannies are not things of interest to me.

Daxal84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS
Country flag
I just got quoted "$25,547.31 with taxes and tags included and motor vehicles as long as you are paying cash." for a 2018. I was pushing for 25k OTD.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Si comes with the Qi charger in Canada. LED headlights too, they're specced way differently it seems, not sure what else we got that our friends to the south didn't.

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe? I wasn't really hungry for the 2018. How could I live without a web browser in my dashboard :D
I know what you mean since they are the same almost. So is this web browser really worth it? I haven't heard much about it yet so now I am curious!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si comes with the Qi charger in Canada. LED headlights too, they're specced way differently it seems, not sure what else we got that our friends to the south didn't.
Yeah, y'all do better than us. I put in some LEDs I'm going to try on for size. They looked good and their throw seems ok, but I'll drive it tonight and decide if they're keepers over the halogens. Car charger is about $200 in parts. Install looks to be crappy, but I've done similar things before and I'm not paying a dealer a butt load in labor to install something so simple.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got quoted "$25,547.31 with taxes and tags included and motor vehicles as long as you are paying cash." for a 2018. I was pushing for 25k OTD.
If we're talking SI, that sounds like around invoice + tax (assuming around 6-8%) and a doc fee.

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many dealerships have you gotten quotes from so far? I have received about 10-15 so far and almost every one of them initially gave a drive-out price that was over MSRP. But when I responded that I am ready to purchase and have gotten lower quotes from other dealers, and asked if that was the best they can do, then more reasonable prices started coming in. This can give you a feel for which ones may be willing to negotiate further as well. Also, the lowest quote I got was from one of the largest dealerships in one of the larger cities here in Texas, so you may want to try that route if you haven't already (though some smaller ones are just as good and/or will price match!).

Or just try giving them your price and tell them you will take it today if they can do it.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, this would be for an SI. Think I should give them a few days to see if they drop to 25K OTD.

That, or send the deal to a competing dealer. The doc fee really is pure profit. There's 2% holdback. Maybe there's other stuff there between the manufacturer and the dealer we don't know right now. You may not have thousands to knock off... but hundreds. Having another dealer uncut the one you're working with will force their hand if you pass along the info from the competing dealer to the one you're currently working with. If you don't involve another dealer, then your present one is the 'only game in town'. I don't know of any dealer who won't beat any written price immediately.

I think, at worst... the dealer your working with is still making around 1.5k in profit right now, based on doc fees and hold back... maybe more if there's in house incentives.

Daxal84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS
Country flag
How many dealerships have you gotten quotes from so far? I have received about 10-15 so far and almost every one of them initially gave a drive-out price that was over MSRP. But when I responded that I am ready to purchase and have gotten lower quotes from other dealers, and asked if that was the best they can do, then more reasonable prices started coming in. This can give you a feel for which ones may be willing to negotiate further as well. Also, the lowest quote I got was from one of the largest dealerships in one of the larger cities here in Texas, so you may want to try that route if you haven't already (though some smaller ones are just as good and/or will price match!).
I've gotten 4 quotes, 3 were around 27k out the door with me telling them I'll be down today to pick it up, and still wouldn't budge. This was the only one who's first quote was around 25k OTD.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Asking someone for their lowest price is one of the least effective negotiating methods you can possibly use. The answer you receive will always be too high.

Instead, educate yourself then tell them what you're willing to pay right now and if they take that price you're ready to sign the papers and take delivery today.

Most other methods such as working dealers against each other, trying to negotiate down, or boasting about how smart you think you are and that you're shopping for the best price don't do anything but waste time, make you look a fool, or piss people off.

TXMeg24

Gig 'em
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've gotten 4 quotes, 3 were around 27k out the door with me telling them I'll be down today to pick it up, and still wouldn't budge. This was the only one who's first quote was around 25k OTD.
It's not a bad price though. I only had two that came in under 25k OTD, and three that came within $200 over 25k (not sure of your tax rate but it's 6.25% here plus about $110 for Reg/Title).
Sponsored