Civic Si OTD price thread

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
After reading through this thread members do agree that $25,5 is a fair price but I would like it to be a bit lower around 25-25,2ish? :dunno: Am I asking for too much?
You can always get quotes from dealers further away from you to see if they'll come down on price. There comes a point of diminishing returns though. With the 2018s coming out soon(ish), that might drop prices on the 2017s a little, but I don't think by much.

I had a Fiji Blue Pearl FA5 that got totaled, so I was in a bit of a pickle to get a car. Didn't have the luxury of waiting as much.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
After reading through this thread members do agree that $25,5 is a fair price but I would like it to be a bit lower around 25-25,2ish? :dunno: Am I asking for too much?
25,200 is almost 99% of 25,500. Your monthly payments would decrease by a truly negligible amount (and if you're paying cash, then an extra 300 shouldn't matter all that much to you anyway :))
The question I would ask myself is, is not having this (awesome!) car really worth that difference in price?

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si (sold), 2003 WRX (sold), 2017 Sidan
Country flag
25,200 is almost 99% of 25,500. Your monthly payments would decrease by a truly negligible amount (and if you're paying cash, then an extra 300 shouldn't matter all that much to you anyway :))
The question I would ask myself is, is not having this (awesome!) car really worth that difference in price?
Damn... nicely put. Lol you happen to be a sales manager aren't ya?? :hmm:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Damn... nicely put. Lol you happen to be a sales manager aren't ya?? :hmm:
"Sales manager" is the complete opposite of my personality, and quite far from what I do. :) I was in a similar place in June -- the choice was to pay MSRP (or even more) right then, or to wait a couple months and hopefully get one for a few hundred less. I was prepared to pay 26.5, which was just a teeny bit under full MSRP. The greedy/frugal part of me was looking at some of the others' deals posted here at the time (noticeably below MSRP) and of course wanting those, but the rational/common-sense part kept asking myself: so what if I paid a little more - what actual financial difference would that make? Or what if this forum didn't exist, and I had never even heard about all those amazing other deals (in other states) in the first place? What's more important to me, to have the car right now for a few hundred more or have it in a few months for a bit less (hopefully, 'cause you can't really know when prices will drop, or by how much)?

The rational side won, and I actually ended up paying 25.8, but that's coincidental as I would have paid 26.5 and would have been happy with it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
When I was looking for a new Si in July, TrueCar indicated you could only expect ~1% off MSRP. The discount you could expect on a Hatchback Sport was quite a bit more than that.

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
1) 2017 White Orchard Pearl Sedan

2) Base Price: $23,377.00 (-$1,398.00 off MSRP)

3) Honda Extended Warranty. $1,258.00 (84 month / 100k miles)

4) Taxes: N/A - Will pay out of pocket - Nebraska

5) Title and License fee: $10.00
Lien Filing: $7.00
Dealer Fee: $99.00

6) Superior Honda of Omaha, Nebraska

7) OTD: $24,751

Edit:
Can't forget the money shot ;)

IMG_4216.jpg

Very nice!! I may of saw you merging on I-80 the other day!!!

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
Just to give everybody an idea...my dealership is selling SIs at msrp. We have 1 sedan and 2 coupes. 1 is a showroom vehicle with accessories so the price is higher. I am in TX

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
This is the best I got for AEGEAN BLUE! Pulled the trigger!
Congrats! So looks like it's $1,325 off MSRP plus all-season mats, pinstripes (that's a first one I see actually charging for those as a separate item :rolleyes:, but hey, who cares how they do their paperwork), and whatever's in that PROPACK thing of theirs... All in all, I'd say it's a pretty damn good deal, FWIW. Enjoy the car! :cool: (...and start a thread with some pics :))

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats! So looks like it's $1,325 off MSRP plus all-season mats, pinstripes (that's a first one I see actually charging for those as a separate item :rolleyes:, but hey, who cares how they do their paperwork), and whatever's in that PROPACK thing of theirs... All in all, I'd say it's a pretty damn good deal, FWIW. Enjoy the car! :cool: (...and start a thread with some pics :))
I certainly will!!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
This is the best I got for AEGEAN BLUE! Pulled the trigger!

IMG_7019.JPG
The all-season mats retail for $142 and can be purchased for under $100 online. It costs about $20 per vehicle for the guy who comes by the dealer each week to apply pin stripe. "Pro packs" usually have something like wheel locks (cheap and almost useless - the thief next door will just ruin the lug nut while a professional carries "master" keys), window tint ($100), nitrogen (virtually free), fabric protection ($5 can of Scotch Guard - if they actually put anything on it at all), undercoating/rustproofing (can cause more damage than it claims to protect against by trapping moisture), "anti-theft" etching/stickers (few dollars), etc.

At any rate, the important, meaningful number is $23,630 (Si + doc fee) and the only significant accessory (rubber mats) + TT&L (which can't be negotiated). That's still a reasonable deal.

It's interesting that they charge a $180 doc fee. In Texas, anything above $150 must have a cost analysis submitted to the state for determination of reasonableness; therefore, most dealers don't charge over $150 to avoid the hassle since they know it's difficult to justify even $150 for a doc fee.

blkfa5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The all-season mats retail for $142 and can be purchased for under $100 online. It costs about $20 per vehicle for the guy who comes by the dealer each week to apply pin stripe. "Pro packs" usually have something like wheel locks (cheap and almost useless - the thief next door will just ruin the lug nut while a professional carries "master" keys), window tint ($100), nitrogen (virtually free), fabric protection ($5 can of Scotch Guard - if they actually put anything on it at all), undercoating/rustproofing (can cause more damage than it claims to protect against by trapping moisture), "anti-theft" etching/stickers (few dollars), etc.

At any rate, the important, meaningful number is $23,630 (Si + doc fee) and the only significant accessory (rubber mats) + TT&L (which can't be negotiated). That's still a reasonable deal.

It's interesting that they charge a $180 doc fee. In Texas, anything above $150 must have a cost analysis submitted to the state for determination of reasonableness; therefore, most dealers don't charge over $150 to avoid the hassle since they know it's difficult to justify even $150 for a doc fee.
Well they sure got me (noob in car buying)